AA Ireland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

20: AA Ireland Employee Reviews

2.7Work–Life Balance

Typical work day

The AA is a fast paced environment, answering many calls a day, can also be a stressful environment with not much time between calls to answer any queries that may be referred back to agents

Pros

Fast paced

Cons

Work load in some situations

There is a reason this company is hemorrhaging staff.

The vast majority of staff here are overworked and undervalued. Terrible communication from management.Management not understanding contract requirements, then making decisions that affect various teams. No interest in wellbeing of staff, bar token emails feigning mental health awareness. Difficult to get answers for procedures or even contacting other departments.

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Working with The AA

Ptsd

Toxic work environment. Irate customers on one end and a bullying management on the other. Procedures subject to change without notice. Adherence to unrealistic KPI's is paramount. No provision for staff who may have health issues such RSI or TMJ etc.

Pros

Good Location

Cons

Bullying, Nepotism, Thanklessness

Great Place To Work

I worked in the AA Rescue Centre for just under a year. The management and supervisors are really helpful and very approachable regarding any issues you may have. The work is fast paced and it is always a busy office but the atmosphere is relaxed and very comfortable to work in. My colleagues and managers were among the best I have ever worked with.

Stressful unfulfilling

Worked there 2 years, the rosters are a joke you may aswell say goodbye to your social life, pay is bad, understaffed, management horrible, turn over insane and no actual training

Pros

City centre

Cons

No lunch

Avoid at all cost

Long working hours No project support Toxic relationship with clients and vendors Full time staff are uncooperative Short staffed High Turnover rate

Excellent company

Good work culture great company, room for advancement. Good vibe, nice management and good team workers. Good pay and holidays. Great treatment to employees with food office bonding and party’s.

Avoid like the plague !

I worked there for a decade plus before they shut down the retail side without notice more profitable on line was the message now they pretend to care but don't unless you can increase traffic to their web site oherwise your a poorly paid dead person walking ! They were once a good employer and association that put profits back into the staff and company now it's a private equity monster who mortgage the turnover run on debt and care only about the bottom line so higher premiums =higher commision =higher profit for the shareholders and directors !!

Pros

Central location

Cons

Constant monitoring and sales scripts

Repetitive work

Easy work and easy hours. Not great pay unless you hit commission. Commission targets are continually made more difficult. A good few social activities per year. Work can get very monotonous.

Pros

Possibility to hit commission, social hours

Cons

Low salary, repetitive and boring work

Aa

Enjoyable place to work. Most enjoyable was the people. The hardest part was the long and late hours. I learnt a lot about cars and geography. The management were ok.

Pros

Pay

Worst place

Worked in the compliance department. Boss was a horrid bully. I wasn't shown how to do anything but was expected to know automatically how to do it. Was threatened with dismissal as way to motivate. I dismissed myself soon after.

Pros

Cons

Worst management

Great

Great place to work. Great staff and management. Dynamic, results driven business. People with a keen eye for detail excel. Great city centre location. Two buildings in the heart of Dublin's cultural quarter

Accetable

After some time at the AA I have found that while there are many attempts and efforts by the company and management to take care of staff, the underlying staffing issues resulted in ( at least during my period) with an overly stressful environment. There is also a focus on statistical metrics of your work ( call length, withdrawal time) resulting in reprimands and loss of small commission bonus while seemingly little focus on rewarding agents for high quality work or engaging with customers. Overall all I think the company has the right motives but some questionable methods to get there. If you are looking to progress in the Insurance world there is a clear progression path and support for taking external exams to get insurance qualifications to aid with this.

Pros

Central location, Great staff, consistent hours

Cons

under staffing, high stress.

Productive and busy environment

I was employed with AA for 3 years and can honestly say it was a great learning experience. The training provided at the start was very good and I learned everything I needed to know for joining the floor. There is an agent development program for agents who are interested in progressing within the company and exam support is also available for agents who are working towards getting qualifications.

Pros

great training support provided

Cons

It is a very busy environment but it is a contact centre.

The most depressing job I have ever had

I worked for the AA for almost a year. I worked as an insurance call centre agent. They promise you everything under the sun and in reality the opposite is true. Supervisors that were hired for reasons other than being good at the job. Supervisors and management constantly putting excess pressure on you. You only get 45 minutes for lunch. The place is a rumour mill and no one can do anything without everyone in the building knowing about it! I have never been so unhappy than the year I spent there. My mental health actually suffered to the point where I had to leave as I was genuinely afraid of having a breakdown! I would rather be homeless than work there for one more day.

Pros

Office is in a good location

Cons

High stress, bullying, terrible working conditions

Terrible

I would have given them no stars if possible. A complete bullying culture inside AA Ireland and they will do anything they can to take commission away from their staff. I never worked in a job where so many people were fired or left due to the awful targets and culture inside the place.

Pros

Cons

Too many

Productive and busy environment

On a daily basis you would work in a busy call centre dealing with customers and underwriters, on an average day you could take about 60 calls a day. From my own experience I learned a lot about the insurance industry and how it works and also started insurance exams and help from the training department in order to pass the exams. Co-workers were a pleasure to work and socialise with and I still keep in touch with most of them to this day. The hardest part of the job which is the same as any customer service job would be dealing with irate customers put from working in the company for a long period I learned phone techniques on how to try calm customers down and also find a solution to their problems as fast as possible in a helpful manner.

Pros

Qualifications in Insurance, Career Advancement, friendly staff and work events

Soul destroying and unhealthy

As far as jobs go. It's the worst job i've ever had. After working in AA I know how it feels to be a drone, making money for other people, very stressful, terrible pay, horrible management, too many scripts, completely undervalued. The hardest part of the job was getting out of bed every morning The most enjoyable part of the job was friday evening. My coworkers and peers were great, my supervisor was great. But everything else is disgraceful. They still use MS Dos for their home insurance systems and their car insurance computer system tia is an absolute joke. No communication between higher management and staff, majority of staff are on probationary contracts which makes them easy to fire.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Terrible computer systems, bad management, too many to name.

Good staff with zero recognition

I work daily as a sales agent dealing with customers in relation to insurance quotes recieved online, I have learned good people skills, time management, achieving targets, The management in this company is not great as very little communication within the company can cause alot of problems, My co-workers have made me strive to enjoy my job as good morale in a sales enviroment or in any working enviroment is key, The hardest part of my job is over coming obstacles with a customer and trying to sell the product, fortunatly I have honed my my skills to achieve high sales within the company, I enjoy smashing my targets and fullfiling work goals, i just find sitting at a desk tiring and undesirable,

Pros

co-workers

Cons

poor hours, commision targets change to liking of company

Automobile Assistance Ireland

I worked for the insurance section of this company which included both motor and home insurance. AA Ireland represented a number of underwriters such as AIG and AVIVA insurance. The objective of my position was to help improve and create a new website to obtain the best premium for customers. I gathered data and reported back to to management, site developers and other underwriters with errors and progress of the site. I scheduled meetings and conference calls. After this project worked on developing an internal system for the company in order to make the running of the breakdown service for employees and customers more efficient.

Pros

fair and approachable management, good salary.

Cons

considering the irish economy, very little room to progress a career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AA Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AA Ireland