AAA Communications
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

13: AAA Communications Employee Reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

Okay for the short term, not great for the long term.

PROS: casual environment, sometimes you'd get a really absurd call that would give everyone in the office a laugh, you'd learn regular callers names and get to chit chat with them to break up the monotony. It's an easy job, and it pays about right for what it is. slow paced/relaxed days were enjoyable and sometimes even fun. CONS: inconsistent scheduling. Only the main two managers had consistent schedules week-to-week. the rest of the employees were at the mercy of their Random Schedule Generator, so good luck trying to plan anything farther out than a week in advance, or have much of a life with frequent turnaround shifts. while i was there i tried to rationalize why the scheduling HAD to be that way and i could never justify it. CONS: you will be harassed and given snide remarks if you try to call out. you are expected to bring a doctor's note every single time. that almost sounds reasonable, however the managers should be able to assume that if you're working a job like this, on a pay like this, doctors might not be so readily available to you. this issue + the scheduling issue makes it clear that they wanted the job to come first, life second. almost like they forget that we have bills and a mouth/mouths to feed. on the measly biweekly check you are given (and with Florida's cost of living), it's unfair to always expect a costly doctor visit for what will be (at most) a day or two of calling out (since anymore will result in a guaranteed firing). it's obvious that just how much more money the managers make compared to the employees has blinded them, and given them -

Super laid back but toxic culture

Owner never showers and swindles his customers by adding accessories to a phone payment plan, charging the customer for accessories they didn't want to buy, inflating their monthly bill beyond which is generally 140% the cost of the phone they want. They also push this shady business practice to all workers. If you use your hands to speak, the owner grabs your hands out of the blue like some barbarian. Otherwise, outside of toxic engagements with the owner, it's pretty laid back. You can play games on your phone and no-one bats an eye at you as long as you make some meaningful awareness to the customer within 3 minutes of them entering. In retrospect though, this causes some toxic co-workers to go to the bathroom and yell obscenities at their phone like they're about to kill someone and come out like nothing has happened. The owner is horrible, but the co-workers are gang members. Don't even bother.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

No benefits, Owner is terrible, poor compensation, horrible co-workers

Do not recommend

I do not recommend this place. Maybe recommend for a first-time job. The few months at this company, it was not being taken serious. No management, no HR. it was just a mess working here.

workplace is horrible

full time employee with no benefits . worked long hours without help. commission structure always changing . they don't pay you on time. poor management skills. poor communication between mangers. they show favoritism to certain employees.

Pros

Cons

NO benefits

Valuable learning lessons

Casual mostly friendly work environment. High turnover due to management not being to accommodate for basic needs and services for employees.

Ok short term not a career move

The most ludicrous thing in my opinion was the lack of a lunch. Employees are provided two 15 min breaks paid, yes, but seriously? I thought it was against the law. The pay will get you through to pay your bills but schedule is never consistent & the turn over rate is high. I would've possibly stayed but I was offered 3$ more somewhere else that offered benefits & a future. No future here for most.

Pros

Hours, & Easy hire

Cons

8 hour shift no lunch inconsistent hours

Got to work with friends. Fast paced environment.

Loved getting to know the 100 different companies managers and co-workers over the phone, they called in and asked for me personally. Had so much fun typing almost faster than they could talk. Exciting working in the city!

Pros

Fun employees

Cons

NO insurance benefits, pay wasn't the best.

a easy going work place

Always learned new things. The hardest thing about working here was being left alone and dealing with shop lifters. when i did have co-workers it was fun place to work.

Great Management

What I learned was some medical terms and codes. One of the hardest parts of the job was having to get an irate client to calm down and not be upset with me, so I could take the message properly.

small office

co workers are ok to work with. management is crazy. no real breaks and the turn over in that company is insane.

AAA Communication

Worked here for a little while. You will get hours, however they may not be very reasonably scheduled. You will not take days off and calling out is not tolerated.

Cons

Very short breaks.

The people are very friendly but the management is horrible

Answer phone all day long, only get two 15 minute breaks, no lunch, if you work less than 8 hours you only get one 15 minute break, management listens to conversations when on calls and not on calls and use it against staff. Management uses curse words and do not care about your well being and personal life like doctor's visit and going to kids school. Job was the easiest thing I had to do yet in life, system very simple to learn. Not a career choice just a short term temporary job also no room for advancement.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks

Productive and fun workplace with dedicated employees.

A typical day at work would be showing up doing my jod responsibilities while enjoying myself. I learned that your workplace environment is what you make of it, and how hard you try to succeed. The hardes part of a job i think is when you have fellow employees putting you down. The most enjoyable part of the day is when everyhone is getting along getting their job done while having a good time doing so.

Pros

happy work environment, excited, dedicated people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Communications