AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Great benefits - Not so great pay and not enough "equal opportunities"

Very stressful job and environment to work in, you feel like you have trolls watching you constantly and they expect for you to move your mouse at all times to see movement, this is not good because you start having pain in your arm and wrist because you spend 8 hours constantly clicking and making unnecessary hand movements. They expect you to finish up with assisting members in a certain amount of time when all calls are not the same. Sometimes you run into hiccups that needs more time working on. Employees are thoroughly trained, but once on the floor a lot of them don’t notate what there doing in the call until the end, so you end up wasting your time because you could have been working on something else. The work culture is very cliquish, like your in high school. The members very often complain because they feel the employees are not listening to what the members needs, wrong trucks are sent out and even waist more of the members time. Employees, are constantly complaining, and the language some of employees use at work is appalling and very disrespectful. I know now days people don't really talk to one another, they do more messaging and chatting, that’s ok, but when your in a work environment you need to be able to clearly explain what’s needed to be done, not expect employees to read your mind, I find this to be true with a lot of docs. Managers are great, but most of the the staff they have under them are not doing such a great job. Weekly meetings are only thorough when a manager sits in to evaluate the supervisors, other then that I have noticed they just -

9 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. As a company known for doing the right thing, we take pride in the level of service we provide to our Members and strive to ensure our Team Members have what they need to be successful to build long and meaningful careers. We will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate teams so that we can continue to influence positive change within the organization. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

Great employees, terrible management

If you dont mind race driven advancement or the fact that "big brother" is always watching it could be a nice place to work. Management lacks any communication with staff and will tell you opposite instructions in the same conversation. This could be a great place to work but the leadership and lack of any support ruins it.

5 May 2022
We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. We are a company rich with diverse people, talent and ideas. Our strategy is to develop our talented Team Members and promote from within to create a pipeline of leaders to serve our Members and transform AAA for the next century. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

Good Place to work

Good place to work with nice benefits but the commission structure is terrible. They make it extremely hard to make any good commissions. Work from home options would be nice, but the company is not with the times when it comes to that. They have a retail mentality which we are not.

22 February 2022
We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and that you listed benefits as a pro. We aim to build a total rewards package of compensation, benefits and paid time off that offers competitive compensation for our Team Members creating value for our Members every day. We benchmark our benefits and assess our pay. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Fast-paced work from home job.

AAA offers pto, great benefits, great management. But they want all sales employees to be assumptive and you get extremely chastised if you’re not. Numbers seem a little too important to them. Not a good job if you have distractions around. Calls can be back-to-back leaving you mentally and sometimes physically exhausted. Customers can be nice but also extremely abusive, it’s very random with what type of calls you are going to receive. Want us to sell on every call, including deceased persons, emergency roadside services, and insurance. Feel like an answering machine at times who sales. “Who would you like to protect?”

Pros

Nice management, generous pto, work from home, good benefits

Cons

Fast paced and stressful, wanting every call to be and assumptive sale.

11 January 2022
Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with great people. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input and can build long and meaningful careers. If you feel comfortable sharing more, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Decent place to work. I had fun working here, a few things could be better

Overall a good place to work. Advancement opportunities if you work hard. Work can definitely be stressful at times. Have to work hard to get a good schedule.

11 January 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. If you feel comfortable sharing additional feedback, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Ground level grinder.

Generally fair company to work for, staffing seemed to be a strange matter with massive wait times building versus their projections they are confident in. Other departments are way more relaxed/treated better, but movement is possible after doing your time in the lower call receive level. However, it is still a company and it feels almost robotic a lot of the times and managers will simply parrot off the classic we can do it, work is a family rhetoric.

11 January 2022
We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input and can build long and meaningful careers. We are disappointed to hear about the part of your experience that is negative and would like to learn more. If you feel comfortable sharing more detail, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Good benefits bad work environment horrible management

Management doesn't want to hear from you and if you throw out an idea expect backlash. Drivers come second to customers and will be screwed over just to make sure the members gets what they want. Management treats job like a high-school, plays favorites and micro manages. ZERO room for advancement.Rule of thumb if it makes sense it won't happen and/or it's bad for AAA because management didn't come with the idea.

Pros

Ill update when i figure it out

11 November 2021
We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and are disappointed to hear about your experience. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input and can build long and meaningful careers. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

Very Supportive and Opportunity Based Company

Managers at AAA NCNU are great to work with and really focus on the individuals contributions & ability to advance to greater roles of responsibility. It is a pleasure to work for this company.

Pros

Great benefits, virtual work positions, positive atmosphere

Cons

Na

5 October 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy working with great people and that your time with us has been a positive experience!

i loved working for aaa

working from home is a new experience and i am so sorry that people were heard in vacinity of my work that caused me to lose my job. great job i reccoment it to anyone

21 October 2021

Poor leadership

It just seems that all they care about is selling products and insurance. Also the wages are set as to avoid paying commission . Unprofessional work environment

1 October 2021

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah?

Very nice company to work for.They respectful

It's very decent job. I like the pay mostlyIf you can do it meanwhile planing on advancing your career with something else that's totally okay but not long-term.

Benefits

Cons

Micromanagement

11 January 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with great people. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input and can build long and meaningful careers. That includes proactively developing and promoting from within whenever possible. If you feel comfortable sharing more, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

You Will Develop Mental Health Problems

You’re guaranteed to develop a mental health disorder after working here. I know many people who have had full breakdowns during work because it’s such intense calls back to back to back nonstop. Company policies encourage very high turnover rates. Inability to choose schedule. Forced schedule changes every six months. Truly the most awful experience I have ever had.

11 January 2022
We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. As an organization known for doing the right thing, we live by our values, which include integrity and a deep appreciation for all Team Members. We are disappointed to hear about the part of your experience that is negative and would like to learn more on how we can make improvements. If you feel comfortable doing so, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

A bunch of talk.

They pretend to care, but when it comes down to it, your job performance doesn't matter. It's all about your brown nosing skills.So, if your good at being totally fake and kissing bum and brown nosing, this is a perfect fit for you.

23 August 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. As an organization known for doing the right thing, we live by our values, which include integrity and a deep appreciation for all Team Members. Please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com if you wish to provide further input.

Great benefits and pay

Great benefits all across the board. Pay is very good and has bonus opportunities and there are pay differentials. Can work from home which is nice. Willing to work with you most of the time.

12 August 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. We’re happy to hear that your time with us has been a positive experience!

Great company and benefits

I have always heard good things about AAA before applying. They are a great company to work for and really care about their employees. Working from home is also a big plus!

Pros

Work from home, benefits, pto

Cons

Short break, very fast pace and can be stressful depending on your position

14 July 2021
Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that your time with us has been a positive experience! If you would like to share additional information, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or reach out to HR.

Management is out of touch

This is mostly towards the ERS department as a whole. Most team leads in dispatch have never dispatched themselves so they can't relate to the stress that comes with the job. Overall there are some good people in management but too many people that will just head nod and hope you forget about your complaints. Attendance policy needs a complete overhaul, if you work in Utah you need to use your attendance points to cover for sick days. However if you work in Arizona you are given sick pay as a benefit. They do promote from within but too many times the interview process is a waste of time as the people chosen are those that make friends with management. Staffing has never been addressed. With the nature of the job having someone callout hurts the department a ton they should have extra people to account for callouts but can't even keep their headcount at the minimum. This in itself negativity hurts the employees that have good attendance as they are stuck doing the job of 2-3 people and there is no reward for the extra effort other than the occasional shout-out email.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Management staffing

2 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you listed pay and benefits as a pro. We definitely want to ensure that our Team Members are taken care of, especially because they work hard! We are disappointed to read your comments regarding your other experiences. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams so that we can continue to influence positive change within the organization. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

No Job Security

People are constantly being walked out daily, it was very unnerving to not only me but others in training with me to constantly see people being escorted out.

Pros

Cons

No job security.

24 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are saddened to hear of your experience and would like to look into it so we can ensure our Team Members have a more positive experience in the future. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Old school untrusting culture

The job itself is good, helping people and being on your own. If you like to drive and deal with cars and problems it's good. The problem is you can make the same working at Walmart - 17/hr - without risking your life, breathing diesel fumes and dealing with extreme weather and people. The company spends more of its revenue on systems like Smartdrive cameras and other bureaucratic old school expenses, procedural nonsense, so many apps and software and waste of money, than on its employees, who risk their lives for a fast food or Walmart like job pay. You have a camera in your face all the time that records you and what you say. It gives the impression on a real time monitored lab rat. Incentive is impossible to achieve without sacrificing your lunch breaks and working extra hours and having no life. So the real pay is only the hourly. It's normal to have 30 employees and 10 of them are "leaders" and policy enforcers. Nothing you say matters. The culture is more like everyone is scared for their position and will not even dare to deliver a message for you to the higher up position. Everything is complicated to handle, even talking to supervisor.Overall, if you are under 20 and like to do this kind of a job, and don't care about life improvements, it's fun for you. If you have a life, family, mortgage.. etc., you cannot survive. Do your math first. I did the math and everything I made recently went to insurance plan, insurance deductible, doctors bills on top of that too. The company has a great potential if the CEO gets replaced by someone who's not scared to catch up with -

Pros

Helping stranded people

Cons

Trust. Cameras in driver's face recording video and audio. Pay.

3 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to read about your experience. Our Road Service satisfaction rating makes us one of the top rated large AAA clubs nationwide. We’re proud of that and our integrity, dedication and appreciation for our Members and Team Members drives everything we do. In order to ensure we are offering competitive pay and benefits, we benchmark our benefits and assess our pay. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams so that we can continue to influence positive change within the organization. If you feel comfortable sharing additional details, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

They are a company of integrity

3 generations of my family have worked for this company, that says it all. During Covid they did not let anyone go and they created opportunities to work from home temporarily.

Pros

Medical for current employees, 401k, free membership

Cons

No retiree medical benefits

12 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re happy to hear about your positive experience!

It’s an okay company

You have to beg to get days off and they are all about overall satisfaction and not the driver. They push you and have you worry about overall sats then anything else. But if that overall sat drops and then you get a talking to.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Stressful

26 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and will share this information with the appropriate teams. If you would like to share additional information, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Promotions seems lopsided to those close to management and supervisors. The shifts are great, performance determined. No weekends which gives a good family balance. Loved my manager and supervisor.

Pros

Breaks, benefits, great shifts

Cons

Always changing

12 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you listed the work/life balance and your leaders as a pro. Our strategy is to promote from within and build our pipeline of leaders to serve our Members and transform AAA for the next century. Change is constant, and we are focused on creating innovative products and services to help our Members Outsmart Life as their needs change. We know this is a big job, and we benchmark our pay and benefits so that they are competitive.We want Team Members to feel empowered to share their input to bring positive change. If you feel comfortable sharing more, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah