AAA Traffic Control
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

8: AAA Traffic Control Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews

2.5Work–Life Balance

Rip off

I was only there for 2 days. I was asked to come in to their depot and drive a ute into the city. It was peak hour and took 1.5 hrs to go in and the same to return. They would not pay me the 3hrs to drive their ute. They claimed all the other traffic control companies did that! That is illegal

Terrible place to work. They underpay their employees their equipment is extremely poorly upkept putting workers in constant untenable situations

Pick up a defective vehicle that wasn't maintained things like service lights on windscreen wipers not working banged up held together by tape literally worn tyres lights not working no air conditioning, the list is long! Go to a job that clearly not one TC knows what they're doing. Management does not care one bit about the people or the client as long as they fill a hole. They severely underpay their staff. No pay raise in line with EBA since 2018. The have had fair work rule against them in several actions against them in regards to their staff payments and entitlements.

Excellent environment

Great staff on the team and always helpful.Never experienced any issues and always upfront about the status of work which always lines up with other companies in the industry. Management is easy to deal with and contactable 24 hours. Team Leaders are experienced and knowledgable.

Pros

All equipment provided

Cons

I would never work for this company again or recommend it

I would never work for this company again or recommend it, so unreliable, i got phone calls at 3am to do a shift after they told me the day beforee I had no work the next day

not a great place to work

Short shifts, managers have no idea what they are doing. The employee culture revolves around drugs and are mostly unprofessional and in some cases violent.

Pros

Cons

where to i start...

I enjoyed my role with AAA

Good company to be a part of, was only short term contract role I just wish I could have stayed on. Easy location to get to, good hours and weekend work was well compensated

Pros

Very easy going and accomodating

Cons

Job ended

A typical day involved designing traffic control plans, applying/obtaining permits from RMS, Local Councils, Police and Bus authorities as well as answering client queries and allocating the traffic controllers to works. Each day was different, fast paced, good team to work with.

Internal Issues

AAA traffic control seem to have to many chiefs and not enough indians. They seem to listen to clients first instead of finding out what really happened causing a dramatic loss in hours. The ganger's on site don't know the job and clown around all day and unless you have been with AAA for a while you're an outcast.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AAA Traffic Control?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Traffic Control. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

AAA Traffic Control Reviews by Job Title