AAFCANS

AAFCANS Management reviews

Australia10 reviews

Clear
3.8Work–Life Balance

Easy to work with management

Had nothing to complain about with management, were very easy to work with and gave very flexible hours. All workers were very tolerable, fun and easy to work with.

Pros

Good worker benifits

Cons

In-job work courses

Do not take care of staff.

I worked for them for 2.5 yrs and hurt myself in a work injury and have not had the best of luck with them, i returned to work and did my job and was not given another chance for employment when i had to relocate. would not recommend them a an employee.

Pros

was great hours for location with my family

Cons

head office/ management attitude

Lovely place to work until change of management and lost a lot of good staff members

I enjoyed going to work and working with the staff at aafcans until they started cutting staff members or their hours including mine which I am now on a on-call basis. We had great management until recently both at work and higher up until they also left.The hardest part of the job would be when I start at Laverton and have to take stock to Point Cok and the last person working at Point Cook did not leave a note to tell me what stock I needed to take with me. Therefore, I often ran out of milk for coffee and had not enough stock to accomadate the customers needs. Most enjoyable- Working with a team of members who all got on well with each other and would help each other if they were able to do so.

Pros

close to home

Cons

not enough hours each week

Too much bullying

People dont understand that it's not ok to bully. People sit outside smoking all day then go inside to make products and not wash hands. Horrible when you are not in the clicky group. They also dont follow haccp. If you want to work over time and not get paid. Sure

Fun workplace while also doing what was required to satisfy customers

Overall, the AAFCANS company is a good, reliable company to work for. The job was simple enough for me to pick up at such a young age, however, I feel as though management of certain stores could benefit with further manager to staff communication training.

Pros

Good food

Cons

Short shifts

good workplace

I worked for AAFCANS Edinburgh for a year. they were very accommodating and welcoming into the workplace. The management were firm and fair with expectations of the job. I would happily work for them again in such a well structured workplace with guidelines and wonderful work environment.

Pros

free coffee on shift break

Terrible

Absolutely hated it there. Management did not know how to run it. I was bullied twice by one person and they did nothing about it. But i accidentally hurt my best friends feelings at work one day (We worked there together), and they told me i was bullying her. They barely ever tell you when the roster has been changed. They expect you to NOT work overtime but give you so much work that you cant help but work overtime just to make sure they dont yell at you the next day. AAFCANS is a great company, but the adelaide AAFCANS is the absolute worst thing ive ever experienced.

Pros

None.

Cons

Great work place environment.

Great work place environment provided you kept to the Rules and Regulations. This was a Government Based Job so there were a lot of Security involved as well. Army ,Air Force Based job was one of the best experiences I have had in my Working Life time. I had several experiences but it was all customer based. My last job which I did for my final 6weeks, the Base had 3 lunch Trucks which we were required to have all food ready to be loaded at certain times enabling the drivers to be where they were required at the right time. All the staff had their turns in the sink washing dishes it was very important to work as a team. At the time of the year I was working at AAAFCAN the Marines were on Base so that made it very busy time. I found the management and staff to be enjoyable to work with but I feel that would have something to do with my life skills that I have learnt over the years. Hardest part of the job was the heat after work that you encountered which in the end you got use too. But when it was time to leave the job that was very hard as I had also experienced the life of families in the Forces. While we were there it was what they call the dry season so we had a big list too mark off, which we did so whilst we were still earning.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AAFCANS?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAFCANS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAFCANS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?