AAG
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

41: AAG Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Only top producers are paid

All the processes take months to complete. Not a quick transition from training into producing. Won't start making commission for several months after starting.

Unorganized

Organizational change has brought the company down. With so many people leaving the company on a daily basis it is causing uncertainty and chaos. The origination, UW and processing system they have in place is dated and to manual, lots of back and forth between all parties leaving to much room for error and it makes it very stressful to close deals, taking almost 3 months to clear a loan. Overworked underpaid.

Working at AAG was the worst experience.

My manager was nasty and unappreciative when I gave 150%. Too many Skype meetings, which prevented me from reaching my goals. High employee turnover in ALL departments for good reason. Understaffed due to the above, which causes loans to be processed and underwritten very slowly. Toxic work environment.

Fun place,feel good factor all the time

Feel good about the work, positive environment . Play some games at times. Manager is helpful. Overall fully satisfied . No cons that I can think of or know of

Pros

Good training

Cons

None that I can think of

Fun place to be!

Love my job! It’s very work balanced and love that the company cares about their employees. It’s fun coming into work and having the job that I have because I love what I do in my day to day and my task are not too difficult to understand.

Pros

I get free lunch and work remote.

Cons

Not applicable.

Good culture but dealing with a manager with 0 EQ

generally the culture is nice and people are great. Unfortunately, direct manager is workaholic who has no EQ, doesn't know how to empower her team and is very rigid. So, just because of my direct manager I am not happy at work.

Pros

work Remote

Cons

Some managers don't know how to manage it seems

Great place to get your foot in the door

Great place to start in the industry. They go above and beyond for training. I feel that compensation is fair. Awesome management who really cares. Leads are provided.

Just plain awful

Management is awful,IT is awful. Interdepartmental feuds and no training. They hire people who know nothing and expect co workers to train them micro management style managers not a healthy environment

Pros

Ok lots of stress poor ops

Ops is a unorganized, they are constantly changing personell bell and titles, departments, like they’re flying by the seat of their pants. Hard to get a loan done.

Cut throat, fire you pretty quick after initial licensing if you don't meet their desired quotas

Most people are nice! The training is good and the licensing program is fine, but you would have to make your quotas as soon as possible or you are out the door. I know some were let go as soon as couple of weeks after getting licensed.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AAG?

Its a good place for young people that dont know anything better

Not a good place to work. They hire young people that don't know the product and pray on elders. I was a top producer but I had to much experience. The manager was all sells and gave no support in processing and closing. That's because she didn't have a clue of underwriting.

Total waste of time

My bosses children worked with me and for some reason never like me. Never spoke to them and when I did, it was polite. I’m not a rude person. They would always make lies and find the littlest things to snitch on me for. I was so close to being fired for lies made up by them. Before I got hired as well I let them know my son that was younger than a year had sugar problems and I received a text message while I was there 3 times and so I would look at my phone at that time.. mind you not slowing the process down or not doing my job and they had a problem with that. So if you think you want this job make sure you don’t have something going on outside of your home for example a medical issue. You will be set. Good wishes to anyone who works there.

busy workplace

Typical day is busy from start to finish. I learned a lot about real estate in general and the auction business. The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping busy.

Très agréable

Entreprise dynamique Sujet de travail intéressant

AAG is a reverse mortgage company. You have a culture of caring for your customers and your team. The hardest part of the job is learning the reverse mortgage side of the business it is very different from forward mortgage. The most enjoyable part of AAG and working there is most of your team members want to help you if you ask.

I acquired great skills but there was not much balance

I felt like I never really had a day off. It was good pay but not enough freedom to be creative. I had success because I always had a great team. I enjoyed the opportunity to teach and mentor new managers.

Competitive and Rewarding

Great company to work for, they help you in obtaining your license and provide high quality training. It can be difficult at times but it is because of changes in the industry. Good company culture, some managers really look out for you. At the end of the day it is a competitive sales position.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Lack of communication between departments, Job security

Owners were crooked. Ripped me off of over $350. Both convicted felons I think.

Never go with AAG. Not an honest bone in the company. Work you all week and will jew you outta your paycheck with lies. Son is a convicted felon for check fraud. Mother is cranky and controlling.

A real great place to work

Personal life all good with the company and for the most part, managers seem to take interest in you as a person as well as an employee !’ Great company to work with under most situations!!

Pros

Freedom to put family and health first.

Cons

Sometimes work is tough, but still worth the efforts and they’ve reward if you go beyond your comfort zone.

I worked at AAG for over 10 years and would have retired from there but thought my family and I were relocating. However, due to a family illness were unable to do so. There was also something positive going on in the company and also something new and up to date to learn. Management and staff members were always willing to teach the knowledge they had and give you the time and resources for you to learn.

Pros

Time off, free lunches on birthdays, great benefits.

good experience

an experience which is worth remembering n taking pride, where professionalism had been a hallmark, where skills had been polished, where benefits n compensations compatible

Pros

good experience

Cons

nil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAG