AAM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AAM Employee Reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

Job secure

Lots of overtime. Get mandated constantly. Pleasant environment and easy jobs but have to work your share of overtime or you will get mandated alot during the week and weekends.

Pros

Lunch room

Cons

Too much overtime

Boa

Boa

Poor place of work

Forced to work 11-18days in row without a day off when you first start if your in cnc. Hard to hear your trainer and mostly left to figure things out on your own. When ask for help they get grumpy with you.

Ambiente malo, sin compañerismo.

Ambiente dentro de la empresa es bueno con los compañeros, pero no con el personal de recursos humanos, gerente y jefes en general. Sin poder crecer dentro de la empresa.

Pros

Ninguna

Cons

Todas

It was a union shop. Alot of the older members, very lazy. Laid offs done by senorita.

I really enjoyed working here. I ran on 5 different lines. My last line was balance shaft line. 8 different operations. I ran all and became the leade

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Line shipped out

Nulo reconocimiento, gerencia indiferente,

Revisar agenda, correos, si las fallas dan oportunidad, cambio de turno entre equipo de tecnicos, revision de actividades, junta 1,junta 2, junta 3, comida, atencion de fallas, fallas fallas

Pros

gastos medicos mayores, personas amables en nivel tecnico y operativo

Cons

No hay reconocimiento del desempeño, ni promocion

No work life balance

The company doesn’t care much about employees. Long working hours. It’s expected to work on the weekend. They don’t provide much guidance. Sometimes the management is clueless.there is a lot of backstabbing going on. The company no longer offers job security. At the first sign of the profit dropping, they lay people off. They do 3-4 RIFs a year. The pay is good.

Perseverance

The biggest thing that stands out to me about this company is the employees ability to persevere through any situation that might come about during the workday.

Work-life balance

Great co-workers, great work-life balance. You feel appreciated and taken care of by the company. Stability and regular feedback as well as chance to participae

Pros

Work life balance

No support from management

Not a great place to work. Broke down equipment/with no qualified personnel to fix it. Promise customer more product then can be produced, requiring hourly employees to work 7 days a week. No support from management on weekends.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

No life balance, no communication with management, company basing sales on 7 day a week production

Boa no geral, falta uma melhor valorização e remuneração ao colaborador

Benefícios okAlimentação okAmbiente de trabalho bom, empresa muito organizada

Pros

Estrutura, beneficios extras, planos saúde, odontológico.

Cons

Remuneração baixa em relação as outras montadoras, ainda tem a cultura de dar oportunidade aos mais " chegados "

Good local co-workers management is sub-par

The company cuts pay during a pandemic and still expects you to provide the same level of support. Work over 40 hours a week and still be on call 24/7.The company does not foster the development (no training) of their employees.

Pros

Some job security.

Cons

Too many to mention.

Ok place to work depending on the shift work

A lot of wannabe bosses you never no who is watching you. Poor communication between management and workers. Hard to advance into certain departments.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Poor communication

The hardest part of the job

I wasn't properly trained on the machine I was put on. They treated me like I was trash. Had issues with other operators setting people up to fail, and break machinery, also had 2 issues trying to get paid thru this company, and I got shorted on about 50 bucks on my last check. My advice to u is not to help this company, especially the way they treat u trash and missing some of your hard earned money.

Pros

They are none

Cons

Listed in my review

Don't do it!!

When you pay someone pushing buttons more than someone that's actually making sure your product is reaching it's destination, that seems crazy to me. Gate breaking is the hardest job in there and it's the least paid. They had a covid outbreak I guess it's contained now. I just wouldn't work there.. it's poorly ran

Pros

Decent money

Decent place to work

Work a lot of overtime which is great on the paycheck , but not a lot of home time to enjoy with family , decent work atmosphere, and room for advancement

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Not many days off

Terrible place to work

I’ve been with the company located in Rochester Indiana since June of 19. I was supposed to get hired in after 3 months 90 days. It took them 6 months to hire me in. I’ve had only 1 raise the temp raise since I’ve been there. There is no leadership in the company. It’s 7 days a week they do not care about the employees at all. All in all DO NOT WORK THERE!!!

If not in union don't really have a say or job security

Good pay but no life , not willing to work with you if having trouble with certain jobs, if not union you DONT have say . Dont care if have home life, just work work 7 days a week , no days off

Pros

Ot pay

Cons

Insurance sucks, no home life

Weak Management

The corporate structure is very week and does not support on site communities. Inadequate on site managers have a chew them up and spit them out mentality. Watching people come and go for years. Everyone is seen as disposable. It creates a very stressful, mean spirited culture to work in.

They are greedy.

I worked there since I was 18 years old and ended up losing my job because they shut the doors on that facility to save money. They put 100 people out of a job to move some of the machines to bigger facility to lower their overhead.

Had a partner with .e and we had to watch the line and mark all the parts

My over all I loved working at AAM, great people to work with, great hours to work!! The work was not hard, the pay was good. If they would give me the chance to come back I would

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAM