AAMCO
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AAMCO Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Productive, fast past workplace

A typical day at work would be dealing with different types of customers, providing great customer service was one of our biggest priorities. I've learned that team work is important through out a work day, it feels great to reach a central goal as a unit. My co-workers all had different personalities but as team we would have meetings to evaluate any issues, and discuss how we can become more efficient in the workplace. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate and impatient customers, as a result of that I've learned patience and how to remain professional in all circumstances. Lastly, the most enjoyable was meeting goals both personal and as a team member, and also seeing happy customers.

Great coworkers, and customers were awesome. Management is a very different story.

Good location. Hours are ok until they are not. Hard to trust management. Co workers knowledgeable and competent. Culture and leadership severely lacking. Management creates a toxic environment and has no regard for employee safety.

Pros

Consistent 8-12 hour days with regularly required Weekend shifts

Cons

Cluttered unsafe work area. No leadership.

Some good some bad

It all depends on the owner you get. Some have no ideal how to run a store and some do. Corporate doesn’t give much help fact any help they just want their franchise fees. If you have good mechanics which you have to find on your own no help from corporate life will be easy. Depending on your owner you might have good life/work balance

Only as good as managment

You'll be fine if you have a good manager. Time is everything and having someone to keep it together is essential to yours and everyone's workload good luck

Just OK

Ever changing business strategy. A once iconic brand that is trying to re-establish its foothold. The job can be rewarding but be prepared to work long days.....Compensation was average at best, but did have a great benefit package.

family owned

family owned,,monday through friday, no saturday hours.hours are 8 am to 5 pm30 minutes lunch.facility is 5 yrs old,great customers and great mechanics.

It’s a good place to work at. I recommend it to people all the time. I believe we have a strong management team. They are very flexible with scheduling and willing to train any one willing to learn.

Well-organized company

It’s a great opportunity to improve skills and learn from the best coworkers. Job security also motivates us to do our job well and ensure the standard of service is followed through. It can get busy but teamwork makes it all efficient no matter what. The workload is distributed fairly and we are paid well.

I love working at AAMCO.

I love working at AAMCO. The effort everyone puts in is awesome. When you make a mistake on your paperwork, you have people who will be there to tell you what you did wrong without making you feel like an idiot. There is always work to be done and you will feel apart of a team. It’s amazing

Great company to work for

AAMCO is a great company to work for… from the customers that come in to the management that are always willing to help you with anything you need or answer any questions you have.

Good place to work overall

This is a great place to work if you are younger or for a first job. Management is great as well as the co-workers. I haven't been working here for long, but so far it’s been good. I work full time, and I get two days off in a row in the middle of the week. Since I'm new I work nights and weekends. There is a lot of room for moving up in the company. I get a discount on parts, and after a while I’ll get good benefits too. The interview process was easy. The work is also very easy. The hardest part is at the beginning when you don’t really know where to find stuff and haven’t memorized the computer system yet. I work at the register, stock parts, drop off parts, and fill out return paper work. Overall, good place to work.

Responsible and Respectful

The employees were responsible and respectful working on the customer’s vehicles: engine jobs transmission, oil changes, etc. Every job was taken seriously and I learned a lot.

I enjoy working here

I enjoy working here… the management team is great and every single one of my coworkers is amazing all around. I love my job and I enjoy getting experience in all aspects of auto parts sales.

Only positive things to say

I’ve worked here for years now. The experience, knowledge, and overall job as a whole are great. Hours are long, but that’s to be expected in any shop atmosphere. Great company to work for.

Plenty of opportunities to succeed

At AAMCO I had many opportunities to succeed unfortunately I had to leave for family reasons but my manager was great.I learned many things I didn’t know before working there from everyone I worked with. My coworkers were great. We communicated very well and had frequent meetings to express concerns and discuss what we felt had been going well.

Love working here

I love going to work every day. I adore everyone I work with and everyone is always willing to help each other out. Time goes by quickly, and an eight hour shift often feels more like four. Great benefits package and management is always willing to teach you something new. Opportunities for advancement are always available. It’s just a great company and career overall.

The harder you work the more you get

I have worked here for 11 years. The pay is great and I really like the employee discount. Benefits are good too, not to mention the fact it’s a company that promotes from within. Yes I have had bad managers in my time here but I have also had great managers too, and learned a lot along the way. Managers are allowed to run the stores like they own the store so your experience depends a lot on your manager. That is why you can go into one store and see how one manager runs things and go into another and see something completely different. Working for this company is like working for any other one. The harder you work the more you will get.

Amazing place to work

Strong communication and support across the organization. Big company without the politics. It’s a close community that works well together. We are treated fairly and valued as employees.

Fun and practical place to work

One of the best places to start and grow your career as a mechanic. It is a company where you can learn a lot and move up if you stay long enough and work hard at it. There is always something new to learn. They promote constant training and getting certifications to improve their mechanic’s skills.

Employee-focused organization

It’s not only about providing the best customer experience but also taking care of the people who make this company a success. Good all-around benefits, competitive pay, and management support. This company provide a clear path for growth and rewards deserving employees accordingly.

Great start to your career

Working for AAMCO is great to start your career or just a good job while you’re in college. I worked here throughout college and it gave me the tools to succeed after I left. Management is great and there is always a lot to learn about the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAMCO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAMCO