AAMI

Australia11 reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance

Sales / Insurance

This role was almost 10 years ago. At the time it was a unique company to work for with a strong culture. I started my career as an inbound sales consultant for general motor insurance and progressed to CTP Green Slips and eventually face to face sales at the branch.

Pros

The culture was amazing, as was the focus on the customer.

Cons

The culture changed after the business was sold.

draining, boring, underpaid, not the usual perks. It is not worth the pay, workload is huge.

The job pays less than other similar ones, workload's huge and ever increasing, they expect us to act all caring and emotionally invested in job, yet we're slammed with calls, everything's rushed & super busy, there's almost no fun stuff like competitions, extra perks, team building activities, treats, the best analogy I can think of is, it's like being married to someone who lets themselves go, gives u huge chores lists, then expects u to want to talk to them all the time. Management's unprofessional, wfh was such a mess first half of pandemic, one leaders imposed her personal life onto everyone while people took calls. You dont just have to just act like u like your leader, u have to act like u want to talk about your feelings with them, which is a bit intrusive, it takes away freedom of choice, especially at job with high staff turn over. I feel like they do it coz they dont want to invest any money getting proper advise, so they get leaders we barely know, to ask if we're ok when were busy slammed with calls, like this is going to help people. They also hire some people who wouldn't really get hired elsewhere, which is nice, but there's this huge emphasis we have to be caring to everyone at work, some of these staff take advantage, push and pressure to be included in peoples lives outside work, or do non stop things for attention like shove mouldy biscuits at you when your on a call and there's health orders in place. If you get annoyed or frustrated over it, u will look bad or crazy.

Pros

flexi workplace is very good, career breaks etc.

Cons

Low pay, annoying attention seeking staff, draining, boring culture with no fun team building stuff

Supportive and great work life balance

- ability to work from home - team and individual work - supportive leader and management Typical Day - receiving enquiries regarding policies - trying to encourage customers to try the other products

Pros

working from home

Cons

isolation

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AAMI?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAMI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAMI