AAMI

AAMI Management reviews

Australia11 reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance

draining, boring, underpaid, not the usual perks. It is not worth the pay, workload is huge.

The job pays less than other similar ones, workload's huge and ever increasing, they expect us to act all caring and emotionally invested in job, yet we're slammed with calls, everything's rushed & super busy, there's almost no fun stuff like competitions, extra perks, team building activities, treats, the best analogy I can think of is, it's like being married to someone who lets themselves go, gives u huge chores lists, then expects u to want to talk to them all the time. Management's unprofessional, wfh was such a mess first half of pandemic, one leaders imposed her personal life onto everyone while people took calls. You dont just have to just act like u like your leader, u have to act like u want to talk about your feelings with them, which is a bit intrusive, it takes away freedom of choice, especially at job with high staff turn over. I feel like they do it coz they dont want to invest any money getting proper advise, so they get leaders we barely know, to ask if we're ok when were busy slammed with calls, like this is going to help people. They also hire some people who wouldn't really get hired elsewhere, which is nice, but there's this huge emphasis we have to be caring to everyone at work, some of these staff take advantage, push and pressure to be included in peoples lives outside work, or do non stop things for attention like shove mouldy biscuits at you when your on a call and there's health orders in place. If you get annoyed or frustrated over it, u will look bad or crazy.

Pros

flexi workplace is very good, career breaks etc.

Cons

Low pay, annoying attention seeking staff, draining, boring culture with no fun team building stuff

Customer Service Rep

After 6 weeks of intense training you are thrown into the deep end with minimal support. Suddenly in charge of assisting hundreds of policy holders. The job is emotionally draining as you are verbally abused as customer premiums increase and you are blamed. Compliance and regulatory standards are unachievable as-well as KPI's set. The role is micro-managed by leaders and you are "checked on" as soon as you go for a break 1 minute longer than required. Too stressful, WFH is isolating & the job becomes so repetitive every script is memorised and no real connection is formed with customers, even though it is expected.

Supportive and great work life balance

- ability to work from home - team and individual work - supportive leader and management Typical Day - receiving enquiries regarding policies - trying to encourage customers to try the other products

Pros

working from home

Cons

isolation

You are a number not a person

AAMI was a great company to work for until Suncorp took over . I worked for the company for over 10 years and a lot of my colleagues were also long term employees. They then made our jobs redundant as they employed a lot of staff of shore. That's when everything changed. The way they handled our redundancy was appalling and the management had no regard for loyality or their staffs feelings. Our immediate supervisors who were also being made redundant were fantastic but the management above that made a lot of promises to keep us informed and to take care of us and in reality we were left in the dark only to find out information from other staff members - You did not know if the information was gossip or true. They left us in limbo for 8 months not knowing if we had a job or not. It was a horrible way to be treated and to end what was a great job. Be weary if you are employed for them just remember you are a number not a person. Very irate customers after dealing with staff offshore ,being given incorrect information or poor customer service. Staff also were referred to offshore call centres for HR related queries re pays ect and received the same service so can empathise with customers yet management refused to acknowledge this was a concern despite numerous customer complaints.

Pros

Supervisors were generally good, good home/work balance, understanding if you needed time of work for personal reasons.

Cons

To many to note

terrible company

not a good place to work. The training is nothing like what is expected on the floor. They dont give you answers on what the bonuses are generally a horrid company to work for.

Pros

no pros

Cons

horrid company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAMI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAMI