AAPC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

43: AAPC Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Customer Service

Nice work environment, Family-friendly and they are flexible on scheduling, There is really no remove for advancement. Raise are not given on yearly bases. There High Five Goals you will not be able to do if you are in Customer Service.

You are 100% expendable

Run don’t walk from AAPC. The best employees leave or are forced out, and executives doesn’t seem to care. Middle managers are paralyzed and paranoid.

Pros

Not many

Cons

See review

Awesome

I love AAPC and everything I've learned from them and will continue to learn. Being in the medical field is rewarding and I cannot wait to keep moving up and moving forward.

Aapc rocks!

My tenure there was awesome! The management is very employee-friendly, and they provide great benefits just for showing up and working hard. I was apart of a layoff due to budget cuts. Otherwise, I'd like to think I'd still be there.

I was able to get real world experience coding

I coded 600 redacted medical records across a broad range of specialties. The information was accurate for the most part. They resolved errors quickly and were very accessible.

Say goodbye to your soul

Its okay, there is rampant favoritism. You are constantly being told that others are better than you in some way. You will fall in an our of favor with certain executives who like to take other peoples accomplishments and pawn them off as their own.

Aapc

It has been a wonderful experience since I joined AAPC. I found a wonderful balance in my life. I can do the Medical coding and run my own business and still have time for my family.

Internship online

I didn't have a direct manager. I worked with the internship management team and they were all very helpful. I truly enjoy medical coding and hope to continue my career as such.

I was a student of this company

The coursework was intense and prepares you very well for you exam. The support (via email) was very helpful when shortly after beginning I had to take 6 months off to care for a terminally ill family member

Practical and Lean

The company is quite successful and has a good culture for managing their money to keep things going. These leads to a practical environment for software development. The primary goal is to keep things stable, and spend the time needed to add new functionality to grow the business. They also dedicated a small amount of time to clean up technical issues.

I like what I do

I work with great people, feel I'm making a difference and since joining this company, I've watched our membership almost double in size to $185k+. That's an incredible amount of growth for a professional training and certification organization. Many of the current members of management started in entry level positions. There is opportunity at AAPC if you're willing to put in the work. We're not perfect by any means but it's a good fit for many people.

Not a good environment

Great way to get free money if you don’t want to work . Management doesn’t know the work and rely on maintenance to get work done that sometimes needs a professional helper.

Great place to obtain a certification!

Very helpful in obtaining certification. Easy to get in touch with for any questions or issues. Very helpful and pleasant. I didn't have to wonder what was next.

Excellent Learning Tool

If your looking to learn the coding industry it is a great place to start! Lots of helpful tools and videos to learn on how to read EMR and how to look up the codes needed

Nice place to work

I enjoyed my time with them. Everyone was very welcoming and respectful. The program was very thorough and educational. They described everything in great detail.

productive fun plce to work

a good company but I had to look forward to great customer every day . you have to talk to each customer about their billing and add phones to each customer accounts

Pros

free lunch

Cons

health care

Bom lugar e Organização

As ligações eram boas, aprendi a entender as dificuldades, da parte da direção foi um bom relacionamento, o ambiente poderia ser mais adequado para o serviço, a parte mais difícil era se relacionar com a direção, a mais agradável era falar com os clientes.

Pros

perto de onde morava

Cons

não queria efetivar o funcionario

Receive Great Information

The information and support that the AAPC provides is top notch, whatever questions that you have regarding billing and coding, you are guaranteed help from this organization.

Pros

Huge help

Cons

non really

What I like:

I enjoy learning the anatomy and physiology of the human body. I find it fascinating the procedures performed by healthcare professionals to advance care for human beings.

Pros

Great career work.

Cons

Stressful

Aapc

Great job, just followed the government changes too much. The company went through constant rises and falls with the government mandates. This made it difficult to keep employees around.

Ability to be flexible

Contracts have been very competitive since 2016 when the AAPC decided to start outsourcing their work. Wish they would start utilizing their PRN employees more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAPC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAPC