AAR Corp.
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AAR Corp. Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

This place is good for starting your career at aviation, learn how to fix airplane in accordance with the reference manuals. Aviation job is unique and fun to do.

Pros

No pros

Cons

No cons

23 May 2022
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.Blue skies,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

Fun place

Work hard, play hard. Great guys (and gals) as long as you avoid the jerks. But you can avoid those pretty easily. Overall a good place to be as long as you are willing to work

2 May 2022
Thank you for your review, as very appreciative of the positive feedback.Blue skies,G-Man

They need to raise salaries.

The company is very big and has a lot of workers, there is a lot of responsibilities in there since we are working with aircraft. They pay very low for such a great responsibility.

18 April 2022
We appreciate your feedback. And, we are always striving to improve.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger1-630-227-2074

Make it your last choice

AAR Miami left a very bad impression about the aviation industry, if i didn't know any better id quit for ever. Its a dog eat dog world at AAR Miami, you'll have wanna be managers use you as a stepping stone.Prepare to be overworked and underpaid, this hangar has a superiority complex to it and will run you down and work you to the bone. The only reason this place is still running is because its a source of cheap labor and fast delivery time, they will do anything to get a plane out. Management is rotten to the core, don't expect anything good coming from them

14 March 2022
We appreciate the feedback. And, we are always striving to improve.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

productive

always learn something something new each working day, compare to other companies, they are offering the lowest pay. some companies in the province offer high rates

16 March 2022
Greetings, and thank you for your review. We very much appreciate the feedback.V/R,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

Not good environment. Toxic management.

I just worked there 7 months. There was no planning. Not an strategic view on how to manage the bussines. In the first 4 months 2 manager and 2 colleagues were dismissed and another one went off sick due to stress and finally left after been treated unfairly.

25 February 2022
Hello, and we appreciate your feedback. We always striving to improve.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR World HQ

Normal

my first job starts with AAR as a contract worker. My team was nice but the job is pretty boring as a associate accounting. but it is a good try for people who just start

10 February 2022
Hello, and thank you. Appreciate the feedback.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR HQ

Great place to work!!

Flexible work schedules, great teamwork. No Micromanagement. AAR takes work/life balance seriously. Opportunity for advancement. Great Leadership!!

10 February 2022
Greetings, and thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback.Blue skies,G-Man

The salary is very low in these place

Salary and supervision very bad compared to other jobs

Pros

Regular

10 February 2022
Hello,Thank you for the feedback, and I will signal the Team.V/R,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR

Rude and unprofessional

They do not fill out paper work for the ojt so you can advance and get a raise. They allow their leads and inpectors to scream, yell and cuss at you in the hanger in front of everyone with no consequences.

10 February 2022
Hello, as we appreciate the feedback and are always striving to improve. Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR

Overall wonderful people to work for and with

The people are great. The location, Rockford,IL, is less than desirable. The pay is far below industry standards. However, despite the pay or lack thereof, I was offered a chance to prove my value in the company based on my work as a contractor the first 3 mos. Once in the role, I was given every opportunity to succeed with the support of my immediate management team. Flexibility was also unmatched. I often deal with minor medical issues that arise at seemingly the worst of times. Not one time was I questioned on the validity of my situation. I was given the respect so many companies don’t afford their workers in the aviation industry.

Pros

Management WILL listen, if you just talked to them. They are human too and understand issues that arise.

Cons

Pay was far below industry standard, location isn’t great.

27 January 2022
Hello, and thank you for your review of the Airframe Maintenance hangar in Rockford, Illinois, USA. Appreciate the feedback.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR HQ in Wood Dale, IL

Very poor working conditions

Poor pay packet, ridiculous benefits and poor working conditions. Top management is unethical. You see how the management lets you down pushing you to frustration.

17 December 2021
Hello, as was just at the Airframe station during the week of December 6th. Very much appreciate your feedback and we are always striving to improve.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

Starter job

Great place to learn and start in Aviation but the longer you stay the worse it gets. the pay is low but there flexible with your shifts. The longer you stay the more bad habits you pick up.

Pros

great place to learn

Cons

low pay, little to no benifits.

29 November 2021
Hello, and we appreciate your feedback, and are always striving to improve. V/R,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR World HQ

Worst experience of my career

Working here was the worst experience of my life, no support from management. Extremely bad work life balance. The total focus was on production , meeting a production deadline no matter the cost. Even if that meant sacrificing a quality corner.

Pros

Cons

See above

29 November 2021
Hello, and thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to improve. Also, the business was purchased over the last year or so.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

No Internal Processes/No Pay Increases

Get it up front, or you'll never get it. No pay increases, and bonuses are divied up between top management. If you're comfortable with an annual 1% bonus, this is the place for you. Company processes & procedures are all out of whack or totally nonexistent, causing immense additional work at the client interface level. Need major Six Sigma improvements throughout the entire company!

Pros

Benefits, and flexible work schedule/hours

Cons

Pay, advancement, salary increases, and company processes

19 November 2021
Hello,We appreciate your feedback and we are always striving to improve in both process and flow. Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

Great Company to work for

Great team and efforts to support and succeed coming from all levels and skills, resources and leadership. There are regular communications about events, company goals and employee reviews to improve and grow.

Pros

Free lunches, team gatherings and interactions

Cons

N/a

19 November 2021
Greetings!Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback.V/R,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR

A little repetitive

It’s a MRO so being an avionics person it’s very rare to have to troubleshoot much of anything there (depending on what line you work). So it’s basically the same task cards over and over but it’s still a good job overall.

Pros

Stress free lifestyle

7 October 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.Fly Safe. Fly Smart.Greg Dellinger

Come in as a contractor

They will scalp you for the lower price if you come in direct. Go through a contractor first then get direct hired on. You will like in twice the pay and can actually afford to work there. Lots of amazing co workers and management was pretty cool

Pros

People, different tasks so you wont get bored

Cons

Bad pay going straight direct.

12 August 2021
Hello, and thank you for the review. We are always striving to improve.Sincerely,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR HQ

Feast or Famine

There either always hiring or always laying off. Most of the people you work with on the floor are cool. Most of the supervisors are not. No room for advancement Unless you're of a certain 'hue'.

Pros

Early work schedule, good co workers.

Cons

Poor management and HORRIBLE pay.

12 August 2021
Hello,Thank you for the review, as we are always looking to improve.V/R,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR HQ in Wood Dale, Illinois

Never know if you have work

Management doesn’t really care about employees. They only care about being under budget. Aircraft Mechanics never know if they will have work one day to the next. They can call you any day and just say don’t come in.

Not a bad place tonwork

Overall this is a good place to work. Do you know what your job is every day In my current immediate supervisor gives me a good guidance and direction. Advancement in The company would most likely require you to relocate.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Dependent healthcare is costly

8 July 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAR Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAR Corp.