AAU
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

32: AAU Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

yes it was productive and good relation ship with staffs and students

oh my god it is my pleasure to tell all about AAU ITS A UNIQUE WHICH Take care of the student and the staff highly encouraging for the academic & stu

great place to work

The job is located at a basketball gym. Basketball is my passion, I played High School and some collegiate basketball until I tore my MCL. after that I got into personal training with and emphasis on strength and conditioning combine with basketball.

Volunteer with this organization

Great company. Contract work. Travel possibilities. Board elections. Variety of volunteer opportunities. Allows me the opportunity to work within my community.

Had fun during lunch time

I was happy to work there. Since my student life I was eager to serve the Community. Furthermore, I was enjoying the lunch and break time talks on various issues.

Competitive and networking chance

Fun competitive sport of basketball where you can make a lot of connections and the results of your teams play is a reflection of the time effort and time you put into it.

At good ...

Good working at any places during any work can be do easily in mechanical field .so I have to helpful of our company.they will be good environment condition...

Pros

Cons

min hours

Basketball Coach

This is a non-profit program in which this was part time. Work with developing life skill and how to be a team player. This included keeping grades at a high standard on and off the court. Also getting player ready to play at high level of basketball.

Easy Place to work with lots of opportunity

No growth till completion of the project. Money is been utilized in hafazard way sometimes. It should be restricted as it is coming from taxes of citizen..

Productive and fun workplace

The best part about AAU is it doesn't feel like work. Being able to play with younger kids and improve their skills is fun and makes the job interesting.

Its ok

Its ok decent. Just a lot of work and little pay. I think the pay should be raised. As a resident advisor we did a lot for a little bit of money. I think its ok because you need money as students.

Pros

student benefits

Cons

always on the clock

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AAU?

Productive Eviroment

Love working with the kids dealing with Basketball they listen and was willing to learn new drills also the travel and meeting kids from different areas of the country.

Pros

We provided snacks for the kids

Cons

Not enough Parent participation

workplace culture

This is mostly a pay for position. You pay to enter tournaments and referee fees, gym rentals for practice. Payment is in the advancement of young people in growing character, life lessons and conflict resolution. Sports teach children to compete and to deal with adversity and that is why I do it.

Great place if you love kids

A typical day at work, is being able to keep your composure in dealing with kids ranging from 6-17 years old. Being able to maintain focus, while other things are occurring. Being able to deal with the rage of parents.

Pros

great pay, decent breaks

gute Uni

Normaler Tag, nettte Kollegen, mir gefällt die Beziehung unter uns gute Universität und hochgebildete Lehrerkräfte

Pros

weiterbildung

Cons

viel zu tun

Fun work place

Helped planned trips for the younger athletes to show off there skills. Also showed the younger athletes what to do and what it takes to play at the next level.

Great place to work! Fast-paced learning experience, great mangers and supervisors. I loved the interactions the workers have with each other.

Athletes working hard to achieve their goals

Fun team work environment with high expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the young athletes achieve their goals.

Coaching Basketball

AAU is just volunteering to coach young girls and boys. I do not get paid for this. I enjoy teaching kids the game of basketball.

pretty simple

just a way for us basketball players to make some money considering we didn't have time for real jobs. I wouldn't consider it a real job.

Great

Love teaching kids life lessons and also developing them in basketball and preparing them for different levels. No greater feeling when a kid listens , learns and grows from your advise.

Pros

Building relationships

Cons

Parents

Well organized and a fun internship

My internship at the Amateur Athletic Union was fantastic. I would get to work 45 min early everyday, and then start by asking my sports managers what the agenda was for the day. I learned both of the databases that the AAU. The first database is based on memberships for the AAU. The second database is an AES system which is Advanced Event System. The AAU used the AES system when they hosted the AAU Volleyball Nationals the last two weeks of June in Orlando, Florida.The management at the office was very well balanced and well organized. While interning with the Amateur Athletic Union I loved coming to work everyday and I loved my co-workers. They all came into the office every morning with a smile on their faces and a positive attitude as soon as they walked through the door. The most difficult part of the internship was that, I started in May 2014, and getting into a grove of things.I felt like I did not have enough time to get organized because our first event was volleyball nationals which was only four weeks away, but once getting into that grove everything went well. The most enjoyable part of my internship was when we went to Des Moines, Iowa the last two weeks of July for the AAU Junior Olympic Games,and I got to met several Olympic Athletes and future Olympic record holders.

Pros

Walt Disney World pass, Airfair, hotels and fuel accommodations

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAU. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAU