AB MICROFINANCE BANK
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

18: AB MICROFINANCE BANK Employee Reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Productive and funnplace to works with

The short notices before transfers were annoying without any mobilization coverage or compensation. You could just arrive work and be told to report to a different Branch of the bank. Little nor no notice

Pros

Paid vacation, paid absences and lunch breaks

Cons

Very long hours at month ends, transfers of Back office staff without proper communication, large volume of manual work without enough hands

A good place to work

AB Microfinance Bank is not a bad place to start your career.You will meet with great colleagues who are good team players.Working in AB Microfinace Bank is good.

Pros

Hmo, Early payment of salaries(10th and 25th of every month unfailingly), 13th Month(subject to Management approval), 20days Leave, etc

Cons

High tax

Stressful

I feel working at AB microfinance bank in the medium to long term is not a good choice. The company's strategic hr practices have a lot of convincing to do. Most of their managers manage with their egos and not by rationale or genuine care for their human resources. A lot of hard work and effort are often thwarted by Godfatherism and an opportunism that has become the very fabric of the management.

Pros

Competitive pay

Cons

Self consuming and may not give much room for personal development

Very productive and fun place to work and grow at the same time

AB microfinance bank is a wonderful place to work. They help you grow on the job too many opportunities available. I havent seen or heard od a workplace with growth opportunities like AB

A good place to work

AB give everybody equal right to perform. ABN support career growth and professionalism, Working with ABN has been fantastic and awesome in that it has strong financial culture and foreign shareholders.

Awesome Place to work

It has been a wonderful experience working in AB, I have good working relationship with my boss, and the my colleagues. My job is quite interesting, on one side I analyse data and on the other I help interpret business needs to Information Technology Department.

Target driven

my journey here started as loan officer whose job was to sell our loan product to customers, process their loan and ensure prompt payment of their loan. 2 years into the job, i switch to recovery department to help bring down the bank's Par. Management made sure we had the right tools to do our job. the work place can be fun at times an crazy at the same time. there are usually lots of drama during the end of the month as almost everyone is trying so hard to run against time to meet up with target. end of the month is usually the most difficult part and coincidentally the most enjoyable part also.

Pros

incentives on target

Cons

not being able to enjoy your leave

Its a good place to start life.

the work environment is flexible, the management is transparent, the health insurance is comprehensive, leave management too is very ok. though promotion is not rapid for some people

Its a very tasking place to work due to the complex nature of the Job description

The Job is more physically demanding than mental. It involves being on the field more than office works. Even if the time schedule is between 8am to 5pm but it's at staffs detriment

Pros

Prompt payment of benefits

Cons

Complex job description

Energetic and innovative workplace with fun people to work with

Some days can be crazy at work while some days can be industrious but all in all its really a joyful place to work . There is an opportunity to learn everyday on the job. The management can be too demanding sometimes and there exist a great team spirit in the driving of the business..........

Pros

Prompt Salary Payment i.e every 10th and 25th of months

Cons

Target Driven

Productive and very fun working place.

Very Productive and fun workplace. Takes very good care of their employees. With benefits including health insurance for my wife and kids. Also with fun time out with employees on day-offs or holidays.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Long working hours

Highly productive work space

Its fun and work together, a place where you grow in leaps and bounds.Its a place where you have to work very hard and you learn a lot. Your effort is well communicated and appreciated by the management. You could grow easily on the job and with every performance rating.

Pros

competive growth

Cons

relaxing

productive, challenging, fun

AB Microfinance bank enabled me to multitask because it involved communicating with clients and helping them solve their problems by assisiting to get loans approved. The job entailed doing direct promotion(marketing),visiting the business and household of clients and guarantors and preparing a loan proposal according to the banks credit procedures and policies .Presenting loan proposals to credit committee .Participating as a member of the credit committee Monitoring loan repayments and loan recovery, including on- site visits, seizing collateral and following legal steps until full repayment. The work exposed me to different human personalities. it was a good experience

Pros

Free health care, free mobile call

Cons

long work hours

A good start for carrier and family

AB is a good place for young people to grow, The work environment is not tensed, The compensation is reasonable, the health care facility is very good. There is also opportunity for growth

Pros

Leave allowance

Cons

Free Health care

Quite a place to learn

I had a good experience working here. I was able to learn the rudiments of Credit analysis and Banking in general. It widened my view about how corporate organizations are run and gave me an insight of how to make an annual financial plan to run such a big Company with available resources. Nevertheless, there are areas which I would like them to improve on and this includes the welfare of its staff which is not at its best.

Pros

Quick payment of wages

Cons

Work overtime

Good trainning ground.

I would visit at least 3 branches a day despite the distance between branches. I learnt alot about record keeping,worked more without supervision,gained self confident on the job and began to trust my decisions the more. Management is good but can be better I have lovely colleagues that are willing to come to your aid and teach you when needed vice versa Service providers and our mode of payment. Having to face challenges and sort out problems having to do with preventive and even curative maintenance where and when needed and having to meet deadlines.

Productive and fun loving place

A typical day at wok is filled with challenges. I learnt how to work and manage people unde pressure.The management was vey helpful in assisting in grey areas to make taget achievement easie. They had a listening ear. The hardest part of the job was trying to exceed 100% of the target set with he economical bottle necks we had. The most enjoyable was meeting new people (customers and staff) and resolving thei issues with a smile.

Cons

health care, family friendly

Productive and competitive workplace

Very good place to work. Individual Hard work and achievement's are being recognized and rewarded. wonderful management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AB MICROFINANCE BANK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AB MICROFINANCE BANK