ABB

Australia53 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 53 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,488 reviews

Good Days & Bad Days`

Amazing products and some great people but sometime let down by the tunnel vision of management. Not all divisions are the same so this can vary but on the whole I would say its a good company to work for.

In the Service area, the team are all like minded and supportive

All employees are very down to earth. There is not a lot of work life balance. You are pushed to do more hours than what you think to get all of your work done. Management do not care about your personal situation, they just want the work done.

Interesting job with lots of products and departments

Fast paced, vast range of products spread over many different departments. Very health and safety conscious company. Many levels of management but all were supportive.

High profile company

Self-learning and a dedicate person is needed to join the company. Management only interest in figure and profit. a strong connection person will benefit your position

Nothing good

Answer phone calls in the morning. Then go for meetings. Prepare Quotes. Using SalesForce and answering enquires. Replying back to customer's emails.

Pros

Lunch Canteen Avaiable.

Cons

Management has favorite employees and only helps them

Great place to work in

Great place, great work environment. Good company to work for

The most bull job you will ever come across in your life! Manager has her own little favourites which leaves the rest of us out! Worked here more than a year and was given many responsibilities that wasn't part of my work agreements and wasn't worth the pay either. Manager offered permanent I said yes and everytime Id asked her bout it she kept coming up with different excuses. She is very unreliable and UNFAIR on us casuals.. WE ARE TREATED DIFFERENTLY IN THIS SECTION WITH HER!! :) excuses!excuseShe'unreliablanunreliable

like to working

sorry i can't find typical at work, but learned a lots of Electronic knowledge and many tool-use. Have good management , work hard and relaxed. I like different part of jobs.

SAP, Planned and prestigious organisation

I started my work career with this prestigious company, whatever i leant and i am now its all because of this company. actually i owe to this company. Its my fame and fate. what an organisation to work with...truly Gem.

Good Atmosphere

I was working with the factory manager to change the structure of the production line hence produce more transformers within the same time frame and cost. This was required to meet the government new projects.

Great work-life balance, good work culture

We had an excellent team, good boss and great work-life balance, could work from home. Great bonus scheme. Worked as a team where boss was a team leader, no micromanagement. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

structured, sometimes like of direction

Job Security and Work Life Balance but salary is not as per the market

Pros: Job Security Work Life Balance Cross Functional utilization Cons: Salary is not as per the market Management structure changed No extra Bonus

Great experience

Enjoyed the subject matter, enjoyed the industry, great support staff in Europe, not enough support staff in Australia. Got a better offer decided to move on.

Always learning up to date technology, new software and hardware

Most of the time I worked alone. Trained myself during my spare time. Invested into software and computer hardware to learn and understand its functions and able to modify without relying on others to keep up to date with the changing world of technology. Management always had limited resources, difficult to go forward if others have been chosen instead. Every year new software and hardware upgrades and systems arrive unless part of initial team difficult to catch up eventually in time able to preform duties the same as everybody else.

Pros

Large projects sufficient funds and time to develop new designs

Cons

Small jobs must be done quickly no time for rework.

Good Place to settle for a job but not ideal for advancement

Its a great place and company to work for if you are happy where you are. Rising the ladder is very challenging. Current management has lost the plot.

Pros

Good starting place for a new graduate or new in country

Cons

Has multiple layers of management making day to day job hard

Productive environment and global experience

Enjoyed working and opportunity to work overseas. Friendly environment and good team of expertise engineers. Able to work independently with out micro management.

Pros

Good work culture

Cons

Lot of travel

Abb

Working for ABB was very informative. Involving regular meetings and updates regarding company policies. A very friendly working environment with approachable and knowledgeable management.

Pros

good pay

Cons

very long working days

friendly happy work place good xmas parties

everything i learned sales assistants how to make customer happy comfortable and i made sure i knew everything i could with all the products i was selling in my own department that was put in my responsibility so customers get help they deserve i learnt loading unloading out back at docks i learnt management while mine was busy or out of the shop i learnt how to talk work with communicate with work friends make it a great place to came to every day i could go on and on how much kmart help me learn alot in retail and not just retail cleaning loading unloading unpacking shop displays everything

Pros

heaps to learn always learning diffrent thing

Cons

could teach there younger ones more thats all

Working on cutting edge of electrical technology. Diverse work teams. Vendors and customers are from very diverse industries. Get very good exposure in very diverse technologies and cultures.

Pros

technology

Cons

fluctuations in economic cycles

fun

good workers fun place work every one really nice from workers to management they often put lunch on and lots overtime which was good offer all real good place work

Pros

fun hard working place

Cons

working with switchboards and panel wiring

have decent pay and conditions,clean environment with off street parking. good safety beliefs. culture and management not good as well as communications between them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABB. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ABB
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?