Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

ABB Employee Reviews

Australia53 reviews
Amazing products and some great people but sometime let down by the tunnel vision of management. Not all divisions are the same so this can vary but on the whole I would say its a good company to work for.
All employees are very down to earth. There is not a lot of work life balance. You are pushed to do more hours than what you think to get all of your work done. Management do not care about your personal situation, they just want the work done.
Fast paced, vast range of products spread over many different departments. Very health and safety conscious company. Many levels of management but all were supportive.
Self-learning and a dedicate person is needed to join the company.

Management only interest in figure and profit.

a strong connection person will benefit your position
Answer phone calls in the morning.
Then go for meetings.

Prepare Quotes.

Using SalesForce and answering enquires.

Replying back to customer's emails.
Pros
Lunch Canteen Avaiable.
Cons
Management has favorite employees and only helps them
Great place, great work environment. Good company to work for
The most bull job you will ever come across in your life! Manager has her own little favourites which leaves the rest of us out! Worked here more than a year and was given many responsibilities that wasn't part of my work agreements and wasn't worth the pay either. Manager offered permanent I said yes and everytime Id asked her bout it she kept coming up with different excuses. She is very unreliable and UNFAIR on us casuals.. WE ARE TREATED DIFFERENTLY IN THIS SECTION WITH HER!! :)
excuses!excuseShe'unreliablanunreliable
sorry i can't find typical at work, but learned a lots of Electronic
knowledge and many tool-use. Have good management , work hard and relaxed. I like different part of jobs.
I started my work career with this prestigious company, whatever i leant and i am now its all because of this company. actually i owe to this company. Its my fame and fate.
what an organisation to work with...truly Gem.
I was working with the factory manager to change the structure of the production line hence produce more transformers within the same time frame and cost.
This was required to meet the government new projects.
We had an excellent team, good boss and great work-life balance, could work from home. Great bonus scheme.
Worked as a team where boss was a team leader, no micromanagement. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
structured, sometimes like of direction
Pros:
Job Security

Work Life Balance

Cross Functional utilization

Cons:

Salary is not as per the market

Management structure changed

No extra Bonus
Enjoyed the subject matter, enjoyed the industry, great support staff in Europe, not enough support staff in Australia. Got a better offer decided to move on.
Most of the time I worked alone.
Trained myself during my spare time.

Invested into software and computer hardware to learn and understand its functions and able to modify without relying on others to keep up to date with the changing world of technology.

Management always had limited resources, difficult to go forward if others have been chosen instead.

Every year new software and hardware upgrades and systems arrive unless part of initial team difficult to catch up eventually in time able to preform duties the same as everybody else.
Pros
Large projects sufficient funds and time to develop new designs
Cons
Small jobs must be done quickly no time for rework.
Its a great place and company to work for if you are happy where you are. Rising the ladder is very challenging. Current management has lost the plot.
Pros
Good starting place for a new graduate or new in country
Cons
Has multiple layers of management making day to day job hard
Enjoyed working and opportunity to work overseas. Friendly environment and good team of expertise engineers. Able to work independently with out micro management.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Lot of travel
Working for ABB was very informative. Involving regular meetings and updates regarding company policies. A very friendly working environment with approachable and knowledgeable management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very long working days
everything i learned sales assistants how to make customer happy comfortable and i made sure i knew everything i could with all the products i was selling in my own department that was put in my responsibility so customers get help they deserve i learnt loading unloading out back at docks i learnt management while mine was busy or out of the shop i learnt how to talk work with communicate with work friends make it a great place to came to every day i could go on and on how much kmart help me learn alot in retail and not just retail cleaning loading unloading unpacking shop displays everything
Pros
heaps to learn always learning diffrent thing
Cons
could teach there younger ones more thats all
Working on cutting edge of electrical technology. Diverse work teams.
Vendors and customers are from very diverse industries. Get very good exposure in very diverse technologies and cultures.
Pros
technology
Cons
fluctuations in economic cycles
good workers fun place work every one really nice from workers to management they often put lunch on and lots overtime which was good offer all real good place work
Pros
fun hard working place
Cons
have decent pay and conditions,clean environment with off street parking.
good safety beliefs.

culture and management not good as well as communications between them