Able Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Able Australia Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
Management require better supervision from regulatory bodies to ensure their own (management) compliance is upheld- a tendency to criticise staff and lack of ownership of their own mistakes
Pros
no bullying culture
Cons
more continuous improvement required
I have enjoyed working at able Australia, they have a good mangement and they very friendly ,always ,do their best to give their clients and staff the best support they need.
Productive, good work life balance, excellent managers.
The most enjoyable part of my role is that it is so diverse with workers compensation nationally and working with NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme), completing service agreements for clients on NDIS. Workplace culture is good and improving. The management team are very supportive.
Pros
Good work life balance
I worked as a temp in the finance department and the people that work there are so kind, considerate and all-inclusive. The CEO sets the standards of a kind and passionate yet relaxed and focused environment striving to make a difference in the lives of the deaf and blind community.
Working for Able Services Australia has been an experience to say the least. I have learned so much about ours clients and what makes them 'tick' has been a real education for me. If you are looking for volunteer work I can readily and easily recommend Able.
Pros
being able to help others
Cons
none that I can see
Really good, fast working company that allows a lot of room for growth and movement throughout the company, the staff working are always very enjoyable to be around
good conducive environment for working. good team work and prospect for career advancement. The management is supportive.
Pros
more working hours
Cons
too much work
The workers were co-operative.They were always ready to help each order. They had time to discuss their and think about ways and means to improve their work.
Able is a rewarding and fun workplace you seem to get a good sense of achievement knowing that you are helping someone achieve their goals and improve their skills and quality of life
Ongoing skill Improvement and on job training program, good bunch of people to work with. Typical day at work includes; activity of daily living, medication administration, doctor's appointments, meal preparation and general cleaning. Tasks are divided accordingly a very day depending on the needs of the clients e.g school drop off and pick- ups, etc..
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Part-time bases
Able Aust. took over the small community centre from which I worked and commenced making changes to procedures and systems that were in place and productive. Some staff were let go and volunteers told that they were no longer needed.
The program that we ran was successful and the funding body and stakeholders were more than impressed with the outcomes.
Pros
close to home, school hours.
Cons
funded position that ceased after 3 years.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Able Australia. Our community is ready to answer.