Absolute Domestics
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Absolute Domestics Employee Reviews

OK work if you don't mind hard work or are looking for something temporary. You're basically your own manager and set your own work schedule. You don't have to take on or keep difficult clients.
Pros
Good work life balance
I was a self employed cleaner, placed with clients via Absolute Domestics. The clients were great, AD, not so much. Team leaders differ; some are pleasant, some are unpleasant. They are all quite demanding when it comes to taking on new clients; I was expected to take on a client who lived so far away, that I actually lost money cleaning for this client. I had to pay $1 per clean to AD for insurance, which is a tax deduction. I paid $200 but when I got my statement at EOFY, it stated that I'd only paid $40. Where did the other $160 go? I fell down a client's stairs, so was unable to complete that job that day. AD asked me about that, and when I said I fell down the stairs, the rep didn't even ask how I was; she just noted it on my file. You will be expected to pay an excess of $500 if you accidentally damage a client's belongings. AD state on Product Review that they have over 20,000 clients and every cleaner pays $1 per clean to AD for insurance. Do the maths; the cleaners are, collectively, paying an enormous amount of AD's insurance and yet we still have to pay a substantial excess. When I asked to see the insurance policy, I was ignored for 18 months. It was only when I told AD that the ATO may be in touch with them, that they quickly emailed me the name of the insurance company. However, they refused to give me the policy wording. Cleaners have no choice but to pay the $1 per clean, yet we're not allowed to see the policy wording??? You have to deposit the client's placements fees into AD's bank account each week via a self-serve ATM. There weren't any - more...
Pros
Cons
AD staff
Good sop for a strarter to follow. Some good field managers to support but not garenteed Field manager switching often It's a hard work but you can really make some difference if you are trustworthy
Pros
Most australian customers
Cons
Travel time from work to work
I worked for them for a couple of months. Pay is so low considering you have to use your own products and equipment, which makes you a sub-contractor. Sub- contractors are on $30 or more an hour. A couple of jobs I did where discounted jobs to get more clients to sign up. This made my pay like $10 a hour!!!!! Rip offs. Im pretty sure they should be paying their cleaners more.
Working at Absolute Domestics has been provided me with an opportunity to get skillful at networking. Being able to choose when you want to work is always a very good thing.
Buena, es un buen trabajo. La empresa es un buen medio para conseguir clientes. Si estás dispuesto puedes conseguir trabajo fácilmente.
The Jobs are dispatch as for their timetable as they booked by client, the timetable have change form time to time according to the updated situation by the clients.
They are not a bad company its just not reliable work. I had afew miscommunication from the team leader. Information not getting passed on. Work is only when clients want you to work.
Well looked after by your supervisor for any questions, queries, more available jobs..Very approachable I had lovely clients who appreciated my abilities to clean their homes to their specifications.
4 March 2020
We are so pleased to hear your lovely clients appreciated the work you did and thank you for sharing this kind feedback about the Agency!
You can work as many or as little days you like. Choose your own hours. I made some good friends from clients I was working for. Area manager was awesome in making sure everything was going smoothly for me and would help me any time i needed.
As this is a very competitive market and Absolute Domestics are suppose to be the no 1, national Cleaning agency, I was disjointed on how they were operating. 1. The leaders never called their workers. Jobs were texted and emails were sent by management and about how to pay fees and get paid. 2. There were no professional relationships with other staff members and no company gatherings. 3.It was a lonely job which guaranteed under the work laws hourly rate as they somehow managed to get around work laws they didn't disclose their cleaners as employees but also they weren't classed as self-employed. A bit weird in my opinion. 4. I wasn't allowed to express my feelings and was sacked when i did.
6 January 2020
Hi and thank you for your feedback. As Australia’s largest agency for home cleaning and housekeeping services and with over 26 years in the industry, we recruit, train, co-ordinate and support thousands of domestic cleaners wanting to work in private homes. We are disappointed to hear our company did not suit your needs however we wish you all the best in the future. Regards, Absolute Domestics
Not a bad job. Money isn’t that great Some clients are overly fussy, others are lovely Physically demanding on your body after a while A fair bit of travel involved
3 December 2019
Hi, thank you for your feedback regarding this role. We always try to offer you work close to home but understand that travelling around Sydney can sometimes be difficult. Regards, Absolute Domestics
This is the sort of job that you have to do as a fill in while you look for a real job. Minimum pay but also pay your own super and tax on top. No requirements needed for this job.
3 December 2019
Hi, this is a great job for anyone looking for the flexibility to work locally on the days and times they like. Regards, Absolute Domestics
It is a good choice of job for you to pick your own days and hours you wish to work. However the downside is being self employed . Every home and client is different so everyday is something new.
3 December 2019
Hi, it's great to hear you enjoyed the flexibility of picking your own days and hours! Regards, Absolute Domestics
Horrible experience. Hated every second. Working with the owners wasn’t pleasant as she is as sour as they come. Need to fit the certain demographic I think. Computer system is stupid and overthought out. Wouldn’t waste your time or effort. Pay half your gym membership.. big deal
No communication much at all only them calling you to work another job, pay is bad, i would not reccomend working for Absolute Domestics, they are all about the money for themselves, and no support from them either if you get sick or anything.
3 December 2019
Hi, we are disappointed to hear the Agency did not suit you. Our systems and processes are designed to deliver the best outcome available and we are upfront about how everything works prior to being successfully registered. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours, Absolute Domestics
It's up to you on how many hours you want to work. The houses that you will clean are tidy, your job will mostly be dusting, vacuuming, moping and cleaning of bathrooms, which are always tidy(all my clients keep it tidy) no dirty toilets like at some public places. No experience needed. 2 or 3 hours per house, depends on the size. You will only travel around 15mins. Use own car
3 December 2019
Hi, thanks for the great feedback and it's terrific to hear that you loved being your own boss and choosing your own hours to work! Regards, Absolute Domestics
I am glad to work with Absolute domestic cleaning. I tow years I found my self getting much better in domestic cleaning. So I recommend this company for every one.
2 October 2019
Thanks for the great feedback and we're so glad to hear you got better each year. Regards, Absolute Domestics
Very good source of income if you are really keen to details. Be a five-starrer to be able to be entrusted with more clients. Do your job well so the clients will recommend you to have more clients referral from your area manager.
Supportive Team Leaders Training Day Provided New jobs Great Clients Respectful Friendly Improvements in place i.e: Setting up of email I developed a routine, for each clients home Communication with clients through communication book I would be in contact with clients re: attendance and making sure payment received on the day of service. I followed set policy and procedures of company
2 October 2019
Thanks for the lovely feedback about working for the Agency and for mentioning all the things you enjoyed about the job. Regards, Absolute Domestics
AMAZING! honestly one of the best companies I have worked for not only is the management team amazing so are the clients and getting to know them. It is a easy going job and you feel super great doing it!
Pros
Insurance!
  1. Employee Reviews