Absolute Domestics
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Absolute Domestics Employee Reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Good for part time work

OK work if you don't mind hard work or are looking for something temporary. You're basically your own manager and set your own work schedule. You don't have to take on or keep difficult clients.

Pros

Good work life balance

Work with some lovely clients

I wouldn’t recommend working for absolute domestics as the job advertised is totally false and misleading. It says that the cleaners are well trained which is absolute rubbish. They send you a pdf which you have to read before commencing work. How is reading a pdf training? Also when you do get work, if the client isn’t happy with you or they don’t like you, they just turn around and cancel the job altogether. The pay you end up with at the end of the week is absolutely pathetic. There’s no way you can survive on such a low salary. I haven’t been working at Absolute Domestics for long and wouldn’t recommend anyone else to work for them as it’s not worth it.

Pros

There aren’t any.

Cons

Hard physical work with little money

Great pay, flexible hours, choose your clients

You can choose your hours by accepting or declining jobs.They have fairly low agency fees and in demand areas they pay $30phr without equipment or products.They have so much work available in demand areas I never worked in lower demand areas so I can't speak for those clients, areas or pay, but overall I would recommend working for this company especially over other companies in Brisbane which pay significantly less

Pros

Flexibility

all good

freedom, flexibility easy way to work in an idustry that relies on good work standards pleasure would work for them again depending on the rate of agency fees these days

Great company to work for.

You will never be out of work with Absolute Domestics. They are very supportive and are quick to find extra cleaning work for you if you need it. Cleans are fairly close to your home so you don't have to spend too much time and petrol travelling.

Pros

Plenty of ongoing work available.

Cons

Hard physical work.

Micro managed, High Staff Turn Over, Toxic Culture

The worse company to work for, not enough cleaners, head office staff clicky, micro managed to the second, toxic culture and a huge staff turn over. Would not recommend working for this company as staff, salary low, alot of office politics.

Cons

Micro managed, low salary, toxic cuture

10 June 2021
Hi, Absolute Domestics employs over 58 staff, more than a dozen of which have been with the company for almost 10 plus years or more. We even have staff that will be celebrating 16 and 17 years of continual employment and the reason people stay is because of the terrific friendships and genuine happiness that comes from working for Absolute Domestics!

Casual Experience With Limited Training

The job application advertises that the employee will be trained. This training consists of sending a pdf document to the employee and telling them to read it before working. The pdf details what the process of contacting clients is like as well as basic instructions on how to clean. However, for anyone who doesn't learn from simply reading and requires physical training, visuals or experience to learn, this is grossly unsatisfactory. The employee is then given jobs they can choose to accept or decline and then work with the client on their own, without any other help. Without any decent training the clients are left unsatisfied and sometimes disappointed, while the employee is expected to teach themselves further when they might've applied under the premise that they would be trained.

Very happy working for this company

I've worked for Absolute Domestics for 6 months, I had previously worked for them in Sydney in 2008/2009.The team leaders are very helpful and supportive, the portal easy to use, my schedule is easy to manage and my clients are lovely. It is casual though and although I have regular clients, this may not suit some people. Overall I'm very happy with the company.

Pros

Plenty of work where i am, supportive team leader.

Cons

Casual which may not suit some people.

Just don't do it

I was a self employed cleaner, placed with clients via Absolute Domestics. The clients were great, AD, not so much. Team leaders differ; some are pleasant, some are unpleasant. They are all quite demanding when it comes to taking on new clients; I was expected to take on a client who lived so far away, that I actually lost money cleaning for this client. I had to pay $1 per clean to AD for insurance, which is a tax deduction. I paid $200 but when I got my statement at EOFY, it stated that I'd only paid $40. Where did the other $160 go? I fell down a client's stairs, so was unable to complete that job that day. AD asked me about that, and when I said I fell down the stairs, the rep didn't even ask how I was; she just noted it on my file. You will be expected to pay an excess of $500 if you accidentally damage a client's belongings. AD state on Product Review that they have over 20,000 clients and every cleaner pays $1 per clean to AD for insurance. Do the maths; the cleaners are, collectively, paying an enormous amount of AD's insurance and yet we still have to pay a substantial excess. When I asked to see the insurance policy, I was ignored for 18 months. It was only when I told AD that the ATO may be in touch with them, that they quickly emailed me the name of the insurance company. However, they refused to give me the policy wording. Cleaners have no choice but to pay the $1 per clean, yet we're not allowed to see the policy wording??? You have to deposit the client's placements fees into AD's bank account each week via a self-serve ATM. There weren't any -

Pros

Cons

AD staff

A good start to work for australian

Good sop for a strarter to follow. Some good field managers to support but not garenteed Field manager switching often It's a hard work but you can really make some difference if you are trustworthy

Pros

Most australian customers

Cons

Travel time from work to work

Jobs at Absolute Domestics

See more jobs

pay is very low

I worked for them for a couple of months. Pay is so low considering you have to use your own products and equipment, which makes you a sub-contractor. Sub- contractors are on $30 or more an hour. A couple of jobs I did where discounted jobs to get more clients to sign up. This made my pay like $10 a hour!!!!! Rip offs. Im pretty sure they should be paying their cleaners more.

Fair

Working at Absolute Domestics has been provided me with an opportunity to get skillful at networking. Being able to choose when you want to work is always a very good thing.

Si estás dispuesto a trabajar mucho, el trabajo está bien compensado

Buena, es un buen trabajo. La empresa es un buen medio para conseguir clientes. Si estás dispuesto puedes conseguir trabajo fácilmente.

On call tasks

The Jobs are dispatch as for their timetable as they booked by client, the timetable have change form time to time according to the updated situation by the clients.

Wouldnt work for them

They are not a bad company its just not reliable work. I had afew miscommunication from the team leader. Information not getting passed on. Work is only when clients want you to work.

Absolute Domestics allow you to work within the hours to suit you, 30 mins from your home. Good money

Well looked after by your supervisor for any questions, queries, more available jobs..Very approachable I had lovely clients who appreciated my abilities to clean their homes to their specifications.

4 March 2020
We are so pleased to hear your lovely clients appreciated the work you did and thank you for sharing this kind feedback about the Agency!

Great company to work for

You can work as many or as little days you like. Choose your own hours. I made some good friends from clients I was working for. Area manager was awesome in making sure everything was going smoothly for me and would help me any time i needed.

Cleaning company

As this is a very competitive market and Absolute Domestics are suppose to be the no 1, national Cleaning agency, I was disjointed on how they were operating. 1. The leaders never called their workers. Jobs were texted and emails were sent by management and about how to pay fees and get paid. 2. There were no professional relationships with other staff members and no company gatherings. 3.It was a lonely job which guaranteed under the work laws hourly rate as they somehow managed to get around work laws they didn't disclose their cleaners as employees but also they weren't classed as self-employed. A bit weird in my opinion. 4. I wasn't allowed to express my feelings and was sacked when i did.

6 January 2020
Hi and thank you for your feedback. As Australia’s largest agency for home cleaning and housekeeping services and with over 26 years in the industry, we recruit, train, co-ordinate and support thousands of domestic cleaners wanting to work in private homes. We are disappointed to hear our company did not suit your needs however we wish you all the best in the future. Regards, Absolute Domestics

It’s ok

Not a bad job. Money isn’t that great Some clients are overly fussy, others are lovely Physically demanding on your body after a while A fair bit of travel involved

3 December 2019
Hi, thank you for your feedback regarding this role. We always try to offer you work close to home but understand that travelling around Sydney can sometimes be difficult. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Fillin job only

This is the sort of job that you have to do as a fill in while you look for a real job. Minimum pay but also pay your own super and tax on top. No requirements needed for this job.

3 December 2019
Hi, this is a great job for anyone looking for the flexibility to work locally on the days and times they like. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Good place to work for

It is a good choice of job for you to pick your own days and hours you wish to work. However the downside is being self employed . Every home and client is different so everyday is something new.

3 December 2019
Hi, it's great to hear you enjoyed the flexibility of picking your own days and hours! Regards, Absolute Domestics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absolute Domestics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Absolute Domestics