Absolute Domestics

Absolute Domestics Employee Reviews

Australia154 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

It was a company that paid me for my service, it was a very company like company that did company things and I was an employee who did employee things

Professional with high standards

Helpful team with good communication in both directions. High standards towards the clean and helpful tips to learn quickly.Easy app for job available to apply and negotiate for easy convince.

No a nice company

They r rude and don't care if ur been payed don't follow up when not payed but expect u to pay them so my advice would be to look else where for cleaning work

Didn’t enjoy working here

I don’t recommend working with Absolute Domestics from my experience with them as a cleaner.- They add a large ‘agency fee’ to each clean, for the ‘services’ they provide for us. They agency does barely anything for the cleaners besides adding new jobs to the app occasionally. The clients think they are paying us this money and because the price is so high expect a top quality clean- cleaners put in so much effort for not enough money!- They say there is lots of work but barely enough jobs are available at one time. It’s hard to fill your roster.- Team managers are almost non-existent, change all the time and are very hard to contact.- The company sends out passive aggressive condescending emails to cleaners about insurance ‘incidents’ with other cleaners or not paying agency fees. They also treat you like a liar for marking jobs as not done from clients being away. -There is no cancellation fee so clients cancel last minute constantly, which leads to lost income.

Do no waste your time

This company preaches that they are flexible and you can be your own boss but this is not correct. They sabotage themselves and wonder why they cannot find workers.

Worst workplace, toxic culture and management

Where do I even begin?! When I first started this job, they preach about the benefits of working here as an Area Manager (a fancy name for call centre attendant). Half-priced gym memberships, free lunch once a month, etc. None of that can make up for the horrible experience of being employed here. They give you one week of intensive training which does somewhat prepare you to take on the work by yourself but once you're out of that training, if you don't know what you're doing then you've got a target on your back. They will micromanage you, listen in on your phone calls, and criticise every little thing you do. It may not even be the wrong way of doing something, just a different way to how they (the trainers/supervisors) would have done it. The trainers/supervisors walk around the office gossiping about everyone right in front of you. Staff are watching each other and seemingly encouraged to report any "wrongdoings" to management. A few of the girls in the office are really lovely but talking to them you learn they are scared of coming to work, standing up for themselves, or making a mistake. This workplace culture goes beyond toxic. I truly feel for those girls as nobody deserves to come to work and feel that way.If you're on your probationary period, they will happily fire you with no notice, no feedback, no reasoning, and no opportunity to defend yourself.

Cons

All of the above

Domestic Cleaners

Although, I've worked for this company twice, the client was not helpful when it came to payment, being my first time with client it is your obligation to ask the client about payment details upfront or on your first meeting. I think this should be organised by AD when booking is confirmed, rather than having to ask client on first contact, or the company Absolute Domestics should have that conversation with client as they take a fee for each job you take on. Everything is on you if customer changes their mind or date of cleaning we need to advise Absolute Domestics. I have a few friends that want to clean but I'm having second thoughts recommending this as a good role.

Very productive

Flexible working time. It has to able to manage your time with your studies. Very lovely clients to work with. The payment is good and client pay on time.

Hard tasks

The clientele I was given were top end clients with huge houses so it felt like the job was never ending and the constant asking of clients if I would take them on personally and not go through a booking agent such was Absolute Domestics was unethical.

Pros

Clients were allocated to me

Cons

ABN required, no sick pay, no holidays.

If You Don't Mind Them Taking 25% of Everything You Earn

They are like pimps. Sending you out to jobs and taking a quarter of your earnings.If you dare to fall behind in the payments to them, they ring the people you clean for and tell them and badmouth you to them. So they look down on you from then on.

Pros

Regular customers

Cons

Nasty Management Pimps

Not a bad place

Flexible and easy going and can work you roster around your lifestyle to suit your needs, most clients are friendly and easy going and you get paid within 24-48 hours

Easy but physically demanding

I met some beautiful people that were clients. I could work during school hours. Chasing up clients to get paid was the worst. Your area supervisor makes a huge difference. Some were very supportive, others were not. Overall it was good though

Responsible organisation with great managers

I have worked, and still am, for this company and I feel that I am heard and accepted for my feedback and opinions. That is really nice and also very important for us workers.I like my colleagues and my customers, so, in the end, it is what I make of it and how many jobs I can take and manage.

Decent pay for a no experience role, lovely team managers

Onboarding process was quite straightforward, it's as easy as one interview and a workshop then you start getting job offers. The clients are generally very kind, as well as the team managers. It can be hard to reach a team manager to sort out issues since they're constantly shuffling them around. You can work a many hours as you want, so a good work like balance. If covid hits or multiple clients cancel at once you can be out of work for some time depending on how much demand there is for cleaning.

10 May 2022
Hi,Thank you for sharing this feedback we really appreciate it! Thank you for your hard work and we understand Covid has been a hard time for our cleaners and clients. Regards Absolute Domestics

Low pay rate their fees are too high

Don’t work for them there is no training, no support, you work hard for little pay, their fees are high, they are deceptive don’t tell you the truth. There is no future here! Cleaning is hard and demanding you will burn yourself out.

10 May 2022
We are sorry to hear you feel this way and this has been your experience. Our Agency have a competitive hourly rate for our cleaners and We mention the fee and the many benefits of the Agency when you first start. We find you the work and you select what suits you. We provide the training manual and modules. We apologise you have felt like you weren’t supported and we thank you for providing us with your feedback. Regards Absolute Domestics

Inderpendant

I wanted to see all the reviews so i had to right something here. Sounds like a good place to work at and it sounds very indepandent. Working in Geelong

Good work, life, balance and work own hours.

I have worked in many qualified occupations and working for Absolute Domestics as a cleaner has given me more freedom and less stress to enjoy life. Most of my clients are friendly and there are always jobs available. The app is really easy to use. I would recommend working as a cleaner for them if you want a nice change and less stressful jobs. It is physical work but worth it.

Pros

Good pay and less stress.

Cons

Sometimes you get a dodgy client or very dirty house.

The clients are friendly and Absolute tracks them pretty easily

Didn't really find any trouble in executing the job so far. The job execution strategy is kind of simplified and focussed. Good company to work with.

Pros

Client location is easily accessible

Cons

The app doesn't track any clashes with dates

22 February 2022
Hi,Thank you for sharing this feedback we really appreciate it! with any issues or complications with the App please contact support@absolutedomestics.com.au we are always wanting to improve the App. Thank you for your hard work.

No work

Absolutely no work in the area. Travel 50 mins plus even though I was assured that there would be plenty of work. No work reviews, complain if you don’t accept enough work but there is no work to accept

22 February 2022
Hi,The amount of work all depends on the area and the need for bookings in the area. Please call your Team Manager if you would like us to investigate this for you.

great company

great place to work, lots of flexibility, a range of diffeerent customers to work for and plenty of hours, and you dont need to bring your own cleaning supplies

22 February 2022
Hi,We are so glad to hear you are enjoying working with our Agency and thank you so much for all your hard work.

I want to see the censored reviews so I have to write this.

Staff are friendly and is a good job for time management. Can be satisfying and rewarding depending on the clients you get. Always good to read both bad and good reviews of a new job.

22 February 2022
Hi, We are glad you are enjoying working with our Agency and thank you for all of your hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absolute Domestics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Absolute Domestics with

• Absolute Domestics
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?