Accolade Wines
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accolade Wines Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
It is an industry which is full of passionate people. Leader and other professional co-workers are very friendly, they treat you with respect. My contributions was apperciated by the team and my leader.
Very unstable working conditions at present, as good qualified staff with years of experience in the Wine industry are being made redundant, the recent decision to offshore Accounts Payable, IT, Customer Service etc., has disrupted Accolade Wines ability to cope with day to day activities & unable to move ahead whilst looking behind to put out fires !
Too many new managers from non wine related industries, all stepping over each other, creating tension & additional work for remaining staff.
Pros
Wine Allowance
Cons
Lack of information & direction
pressing and crushing grapes to turn them into wine, operating pumps and generally overseeing the operation of many different areas and additions to the wines.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Cellar managers been there to long
Some staff were unprofessional and were not productive. Also not enough training and patience by senior staff.More training by management and understanding with laws and guidlines by management. Team leaders were not productive enough and did not consistently set examples to other staff some disorganisation at busy times. Time management was poor due to inexperience staff members.
great work place, friendly staff, a job to look forward too. Every day is different and every day holds a different challenge. All staff were excellent to work with, warm personalities throughout the work place.
The work team thrived on collaborative effort to make the vineyard one of the best in SA if not in the world. We made the workplace fun and safe to work in by adhering to the WHS policies and procedures and striving for continuos improvement. It was sad when the team members had to move on due to job redundancies.
Pros
free wine allowances
Cons
night shift during vintage
Machine operations and maintenance, too many changes with management and ownership of company. Co-workers overall were a great bunch of guys, hardest part of the job was seeing friends of management get positions and then not pull their weight and get all the easy jobs while the long term workers continues to get the hard and more physical jobs. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in the outdoors.
A typical day for me is fun but all working to get the job done. I have learned that everyone has an important part to play and no question is silly. The management are hard but fair. My co-workers are a great bunch of people. The hardest part of my job is knowing it will end in 4 weeks when we are all made redundant. The most enjoyable part of my job is being in a happy workplace .
Pros
being able to advance if that is what you wish to do
Cons
long hours on night shift