Accor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accor Employee Reviews

Australia192 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 192 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,399 reviews

Big comapny, small employees

Housekeeping a very physically demanding job. Check out is 30mins and stay overs are 15mins. The training method is outdated and software too. The pay is the award wages for Housekeeping and the physical damage to your body is permanent. It's repetitive and you get your good and bad guests.

Good pay and a lot of hours

- Suitable for students and parents - good management and always been understanding about your health and issues.- free lunch - staff support - flexible

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Always busy

An amazing opportunity

Who would not want to work at a place such as accor hotels exciting place of employment amazing opportunities friendly culture amongst team members and also Hotel personnel coming from hotel management housekeeping food and beverage and front desk receptionist we all have a happy welcoming feeling with smiles on our faces everyday and meeting and greeting each other with a friendly feeling.

Pros

Free lunch provided also drinks and beverages

Cons

No cons because everyone is treated fairly I can't say much about Accor or the cons

Stressful, no training and bad culture

Management thinks only about themselves, staffs work hard but their pay underpays because they announce position by month but don't pay according to it. No back pay for a previous management position duties. No development or training in most properties. Management doesn't conduct appraisal or job opening for old staff but hire friends or family to work in a position. They enjoy free meals, drinks and sit during busy days at work whiles they ain't invited to join a table or guest ss well as give a blind eye to staff working during busy days. Such s bad environment and culture. When hardworking staff turns to leave they treat them badly, or they offer better position and raise the salary to keep them. Some mgt can swear, argue, gossip, and have no conscious sense to notify their negative energy makes staffs who energetic to retaliate. Accor is a good brand no a great place to develop or stay in the future. They always want you to sacrifice to the job, when trust is respected, no upliftment is lost. Good luck to newcomers some might excel but not all.

Pros

Staff benefits

Cons

Swearing, stressful, demamding, cheap Labour, turnover etc

Enjoyable fun place but have high KpIs

I worked there for a bit. Was a fun environment but KPI's were tough. There was a lot of games played to ensure the morale was kept up. All Calls were based on people that have stayed in a Accor Hotel and we got the last to call and offer memberships

Productive and fun workpace

Friendly managers who provide good training and counselling opportunities. Covid had a large impact on the nature of this job and targets were impossible to achieve.

Pros

Friendly and flexible

Cons

Too target driven

Awesome place to work in

I would highly recommend it to anyone...I had alot of fun in the job plus the people were great the boss was amazing amazing atmosphere...great money.....great area....I loved the boss....we went on a holiday too Fiji..we won it through the company

Pros

Lottery tickets

Cons

Quite stressfull at times

Bad management but some fun coworkers

Doesn't matter if you work hard and work well. If you are on shift with someone that doesn't put effort into working and a guest complains about the particular area that you were both in, you will be the one that gets blamed for their lack of work ethic. Some managers will put the blame on someone without pulling people to the side and finding out exactly why something happened. These managers need training on how to deal with a situation when a problem arises and how to deal with managing individuals in order to make sure the whole team works in a fair environment.Employees need to feel that they can safely confide in a manager without backlash otherwise issues will go unreported and the managers will just say that they had no idea because nobody brought it up. I've seen great workers burn out because they've had to constantly pick up after slack staff members in order to continuously be able to provide quality guest service. These slack workers aren't held accountable yet when good workers start to burn out from working twice as hard to keep up standard, managers reprimand them for not having the same level of motivation that they once had.

Pros

Mostly great coworkers

Cons

Some of the management style, some slack coworkers, a few egos

Tedious work day

You get to connect with different people and learn patience, empathy and resilience. Could be a very enjoyable day at work if you were around the right people. There was a sense of pride and purpose working for the Accor brand but the work environment left a lot to be desired despite good management. People tend to move on when they become bored with the challenging minus rewarding work, and disappointed with the lack of real hope/clear outline to progress in the company.

Pros

No two days are the same

Cons

Low wages for the workload

Supportive and fun place to work.

This being my first ever phone sales position it was challenging. The training was good, the atmosphere was great too. Management towards me was good although i did see a slight clique-y side. Lots of incentives for achieving targets. You've either got a sales personality or you dont. I was told I was too nice and took no for an answer too many times. I was backed heaps and given so many chances but a good phone voice just doesnt cut it in the tele-sales industry!

Pros

Hours 9-5 monday to friday

Cons

selling a product that isnt necessarily needed.

Get Serious

If you love people and have energy then this is for you. It is Tourism and Hospitality and you need to be a “People to People” person so bring A game.

Pros

Uniforms, Dry cleaning, Parking and staff meals and a pay cheque.

Cons

Dealing with the occasion rude and uneducated Guest.

Fun work place

I actually like working for the company specially Sydney Novatel Central u couldn’t ask for nicer employees and bosses specially in the hard times like know everyone come together to make it work

Fun loving work

We see everyday so many travellers from different countries and we enjoy to serve them a food and drinks. We love to work as a team member with better umderstandings.

Pros

Good communication and working hours

Cons

Great hotel culture and best HR

I'm working at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, it's a great working environment with full of experienced and great people around. HR is the best especially during the tough period of Covid-19.I'm blessed to working here wish we can get through the pandemic soon.

Pros

Lunch is great value with high quality and yummy food

Racism favours here. No opportunities for the better ones.

Company is filled with group of barking dogs who knows how to get treats and follow orders. No brains to create something new. Specially people at higher rankings no common sense at all. Believe me!

Pros

I worked for 9 months could not find one.

Cons

Can’t fit all but racial profiling is the main.

Unhealthy place and poor managemnet

Do not work at Accorplus as the place is toxic ( high level of workers leaving due to poor management and lack of training). I started without a formal training on products and when an issue arise where customers are abusive you are alone resolving the problem as managers are not willing to take calls or to follow up major issue( send an email to managers but then no follow up). I saw managers addressing to workers in abusive way lacking professionalism (manager patting staff on shoulders to get their attention when having headphones on /in 2020 managers should have learnt to do not touch staff members) and as a consequence there has been a high level of staff rotation and dissatisfaction as discussed by other colleagues.I would like to praise the senior colleagues in Member Relations who have been always helpful and more knowledgeable compared to managers.

Pros

nothing

Cons

no training, slack management, lack of professionalism, pay

Fast. Problem solver. Initiative. Job security

In overal is a very challenging organisation and job. But you will learn a lot for future use.........................................................

Fan and fast paced environment

Great culture Freedom to manage the team Customer service Problem resolution Manage cost Budget and forecasting Staff recruitment , training , performance review

Ok

Not sure, I work for a franchise. Our interaction with ACCOR is minimal but the same guest privilege structure applies. I like working with people so the job suits me.

Good

Be patients Willing to learn Have to grab things quickly Observation power need more Team work Time management Ready to work any time Have fast and good experiences in past

high-paced, diverse and challenging

Accor is a great company to work for and really focus on the well-being of their staff. Good culture and team atmosphere, Accor appreciates diversity and acknowledges everyone for who they are. A great company to work for!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Accor