Accor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accor Employee Reviews

Doesn't matter if you work hard and work well. If you are on shift with someone that doesn't put effort into working and a guest complains about the particular area that you were both in, you will be the one that gets blamed for their lack of work ethic. Some managers will put the blame on someone without pulling people to the side and finding out exactly why something happened. These managers need training on how to deal with a situation when a problem arises and how to deal with managing individuals in order to make sure the whole team works in a fair environment.Employees need to feel that they can safely confide in a manager without backlash otherwise issues will go unreported and the managers will just say that they had no idea because nobody brought it up. I've seen great workers burn out because they've had to constantly pick up after slack staff members in order to continuously be able to provide quality guest service. These slack workers aren't held accountable yet when good workers start to burn out from working twice as hard to keep up standard, managers reprimand them for not having the same level of motivation that they once had.
Pros
Mostly great coworkers
Cons
Some of the management style, some slack coworkers, a few egos
You get to connect with different people and learn patience, empathy and resilience. Could be a very enjoyable day at work if you were around the right people. There was a sense of pride and purpose working for the Accor brand but the work environment left a lot to be desired despite good management. People tend to move on when they become bored with the challenging minus rewarding work, and disappointed with the lack of real hope/clear outline to progress in the company.
Pros
No two days are the same
Cons
Low wages for the workload
This being my first ever phone sales position it was challenging. The training was good, the atmosphere was great too. Management towards me was good although i did see a slight clique-y side. Lots of incentives for achieving targets. You've either got a sales personality or you dont. I was told I was too nice and took no for an answer too many times. I was backed heaps and given so many chances but a good phone voice just doesnt cut it in the tele-sales industry!
Pros
Hours 9-5 monday to friday
Cons
selling a product that isnt necessarily needed.
If you love people and have energy then this is for you. It is Tourism and Hospitality and you need to be a “People to People” person so bring A game.
Pros
Uniforms, Dry cleaning, Parking and staff meals and a pay cheque.
Cons
Dealing with the occasion rude and uneducated Guest.
I actually like working for the company specially Sydney Novatel Central u couldn’t ask for nicer employees and bosses specially in the hard times like know everyone come together to make it work
We see everyday so many travellers from different countries and we enjoy to serve them a food and drinks. We love to work as a team member with better umderstandings.
Pros
Good communication and working hours
Cons
I'm working at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, it's a great working environment with full of experienced and great people around. HR is the best especially during the tough period of Covid-19.I'm blessed to working here wish we can get through the pandemic soon.
Pros
Lunch is great value with high quality and yummy food
Company is filled with group of barking dogs who knows how to get treats and follow orders. No brains to create something new. Specially people at higher rankings no common sense at all. Believe me!
Pros
I worked for 9 months could not find one.
Cons
Can’t fit all but racial profiling is the main.
Not sure, I work for a franchise. Our interaction with ACCOR is minimal but the same guest privilege structure applies. I like working with people so the job suits me.
Be patients Willing to learn Have to grab things quickly Observation power need more Team work Time management Ready to work any time Have fast and good experiences in past
Accor is a great company to work for and really focus on the well-being of their staff. Good culture and team atmosphere, Accor appreciates diversity and acknowledges everyone for who they are. A great company to work for!
Good fun and friendly environment, good communication from senior management to ensure staff are engage and kept in the know of what is going on and keep connected
** Avaliação referente a rede Accor Austrália Ambiente de trabalho muito agradável e cultura extremamente focada na satisfação dos clientes. Minha função era de auxiliar no atendimento do hotel e restaurante e supervisionar o atendimento aos nossos clientes, assim como coletar e computar feedbacks. Também cabia a mim analisar os feedbacks e criar um plano de ação para melhorias no atendimento e no marketing do hotel.
you have to start your work with basics and hygiene. As soon as you start you have to check your station or working area, you have to organise what you need for the service. i learn some techniques of cooking and it really help me. the workplace is amazing, they value every employee they have.
Working in Accor hotel is fulfiling. It is a fast-paced working environment. Standards is the key in maintaining an excellent service. Benefits are good.Having a bienvenue card is an advantage to avail staff rates if you are planning for a holiday with your family.
The workplace is fun and productive with cheerful colleagues. Mindful managers with a strong sense of bonding within the team. A typical day at work is happy and eventful.
great culture and work mates. excellent management team who focuses on the trainings and development. great place to work. teamwork is exceptional to deliver the right service and product.
Hotels in Australia are a good way to start in a hospitality career, they have the resources for you to get trained and realize if this is the career for you.
Working at Accor was a fun time. I worked on the phones on the last floor of a tall residential building. Sales were pressuring, but that's just what it is for salespeople and I knew what I was getting into (I love sales).
Not a good experience and not recommended. Huge staff churn Unnecessary pressure on staff Unprofessional working environment Would not recommend ..........
There was a lot of pressure put on staff. Management would get on chairs and start yelling at people to make sales. It wasn’t a healthy environment for staff.
  1. Employee Reviews