Accor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accor Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

Learnt and got a very good experience of how things work in hotels. The staff were good and helpful except for just one of the higher staff. Otherwise it is all good. Free meals are amazing ;)
The main thing that I dislike about accor hotels is that someone of the managers are not even properly trained or qualified due to internal promotions. So some of them do not even possess leadership skills nor know how to look after staff needs.
Fun workplace but big work load. Understaffed. Good co workers. Good variety of shifts. I enjoy meeting new people job helps me gain more confidence..
Some management were good & fair & supportive but others were very clicky & don’t listen to staff. Don’t roster well in my department of F&B & when I bring it up with management I am made to feel really bad. No training or support.
Pros
Some of the People
Cons
Not supportive manager or Hr
I ve been working for them recently, only 3 months. The roaster are made by preference. I mean , some of the staff always have many hours and other struggling to have the minimum hours. They don't control our hours correctly so we need to keep one eye open. Otherwise they pay us wrong. Unfortunately some of my friends and me, had problems with my that. Poor training. Definitely, I am learning during the shifts. Anyway ...Good interaction with the Guests, great opportunity to improve my skills and many positions available in all Australia.
The company is exceptional in customer service and thrives to give customer satisfaction. Where the company lets itself down is it employees from any group that gives it a financial return. Thus the company gets its' staff from groups that are from employment services, overseas students and welfare groups. Most of the staff are from overseas countries and have basic English skills, if any. Practically all the housekeeping staff are on 457 visas. The company has a real struggle trying to provide alter mate customer satisfaction when being restrained by financial management.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Bad employees
Incredibly rewarding and beneficial company to be employed for. They have provided me with full training and continue to surround all staff in a safe and supportive work environment.
Strong procedures and leadership shown by all parties within both branded sites and corporate office. Communication lines are clear and varied, with all staff being able to access critical information easily.
Loved meeting people and loved most of the other workers but was denied all requests to advance and they did not handle the changeover of managers very well.
Pros
Free breakfast most days.
Cons
Not much room to advance, a bit too much gossip.
Sofitel offers good benefts to those whom they employ, benevue card is one of the best travel discounts they offer. only to employees though! pay was good management was ok
A typical day at work was starting at 7am-12pm or 5pm. I learned how to work in a fast dynamic resturant and provide top notch table service. The management was great and the co worker were great apart from a few. The hardest part of the job was were you would run out of plates and cutlery when there were business meetings but there were always ways to figure out what works and doesn't. The most enjoyable things where working with close friends and learning how the business runs.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
certain people
At the resort there wasn't to many this that were bad or hard. The supervisors all teached us everything we needed to do in an relaxed environment. The hardest part would also be the part i loved the most, latenight function. Some wouldn't end till early in the morning then we'd have to clean and pack up the room which most the time we wouldn't get home til 3am or later but its fun when you have good co-workers.
Pros
driving the buggys, free food and good people
  1. Food Service Worker