Accor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Accor Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

I like the Accor hotel because first of all they all have management in their own work.. they are friendly, helpful and very kind and peace to one another.. cleanliness , hygiene is the most important for that hotel..
Pros
Work is physically demanding but that's the least of the issues. The company protects itself rather than its employees. Management turn a blind eye to everything and anything! After 2 weeks of every new month, there is little to no stock and Housekeeping get the blame for not being able to give guests what they need. Colleagues are just the same as any other workplace; great team and not so great. Good thing is that when you need to take leave, its always accepted. Take a physical and mental day off often.
Hotel staff in other department seemed nice but the housekeeping has been not so nice since all were hired by the agency mostly Indonesian and Vietnamese so cultural diversity is fully ignored. Only two persons are employed by the hotel one is the executive housekeeper the other one is assistant manager. Not much of the employee continue to work due to low wages.
The Accor Noosa Sofitel Pacific Resort is the worst employer that I have ever worked for All they care about is productivity and profit, not practicing what they preach in their training and ads
Clean tidy rooms, would recommend it to the public, family and friends, great food,housekeepers are helpful and reliable, rooms are inexpensive, get your monies worth
girls were great to work with management was helpful great views lovely customers a great company to work for beautiful atmosphere set in a great area
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
clicky groups treated like an outcast
The time schedule is easy to chose and the supervisor is very friendly in nature. the workplace is really cool and friendly. There is multicultural staff working.
housekeepking is itself a hard work.co worker were nice but work was very hard.learn bed making cleaning n made few friends. it was short time but learn alot.
It was fun to work with the staff members, and have a genuine team. Guest are very happy to stay in the hotels, and enjoyed the facilities provided. Overall, it was exciting to work with ACCOR teams
my day through out at this place is amazing.i learned here how to clean the area in proper and professional way.the management department is not that bad in here.the hardest part of this job is to make the beds.the enjoyable part of this job is briefing time for me.
We need efficiency, clean and fast are the priority. Co-workers are nice. The hardest part is trying to catch up the speed since I am still greeny, don't wanna fall behind. The most enjoyable part of the job is we look out each other, that means real to me, and I am deeply thankful for that.
it was indeed a huge 6 yrs to work with sofitel melbourne on collins. i learned to communicate with staff. work in cooperation.
Pros
good pay
Cons
pressure work
I had learn so much fun about housekeeping and because it's was my first time doing housekeeping in a hotel and learning so much thing from staff members and co-works. The hard part was of the job was nothing i enjoyed every part of the job they gave to me.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
There a great team to work with, looking for longer hours and a felixable job to suit my life style and so i can feeel comfrontable with what i do in a job n work place
fantastic people environment in very welcoming as well to worker and customers from types of cultures and cosy place to stay and learn there style of work ethics
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late hours
-Busy day -How the hotel runs, how to do the job much better -The people there are from all different place of the world and that we help each other out when someone's in need of help to get their job's done on time -Hardest part of the job is getting all check-outs and the rooms are either big or double beds or its so messy/dirty to clean up and your trying to finish on time to pick up your child from school -The most enjoyable part is how the staffs get along with each other and also with the supervisors and the boss and the staff their are easy to talk to.
Pros
Free lunch
I work for 5 days. Basically i learnt a team work. managing your time is most essential. Very supportive and helpful co workers and good in manner. Not so hard but its a bit more physical job that required pushing a trolley filled with all housekeeping stuff and roam around from 10 to 30th floor withing given time frame. The most enjoyable part of job is briefing time before we start our shifts in the morning where all the room attendants get praised for their work.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
fixed hours
It was also a wonderful experience to work in the another life insurance company. We need to be more ambitious to gain the knowledge in own profession.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Long hrs
work is most enjoyable with the help of co-operative co-workers.