AccorHotels Employee Reviews

Found 86 reviews matching the search See all 2,557 reviews
the norm.
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD12 November 2018
typical sales roll, unless your in with the cool kids your out as soon as your sales drop.
job is kpi.
management is lovely but floor managers are not.
overall average.
Low pay with aggressive management
Porter (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 October 2018
Worked for over 5 years at the Sofitel, would often have to work overtime due to busyness - most of the time I would make sure I clock out and then return to work (for no pay) - sometimes it would just be too busy to leave so I would have to stay and help out. Whenever this would happen I would get reprimanded by management for having "poor time management skills", without ever getting a thank you for all the times where I did assist unpaid.

Would not suggest working full-time unless you plan to slog it out in the long run and work your way up.
Working as a casual is fine and you barely have to deal with management.
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no overtime pay
calm workplace
lounge assistant Qantas lounge (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 October 2018
easy job, good money...a little boring but great co workers and managers.
very physical work so you will walk a lot during your shift but you get used to it
Pros
chef cooks staff meal...easy job
Cons
hours can start from 4.30am
Proffesional work place with good team work
GSA (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 August 2018
Good workplace atmosphere
Good working techniques
Motivational team members
New opportunities and growth
Team spirit and co-operating colleagues
A good brand name
Pros
discounted packages for team members
Cons
Long shifts
Stabilita del lavoro
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney25 August 2018
Un gruppo nel quale ti viene data la possibilità di crescere
Pros
Training
Guests & some of the staff / management were nice but...
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW23 August 2018
Some management were good & fair & supportive but others were very clicky & don’t listen to staff. Don’t roster well in my department of F&B & when I bring it up with management I am made to feel really bad. No training or support.
Pros
Some of the People
Cons
Not supportive manager or Hr
Best time of my life
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Banff springs hotel12 August 2018
I only left because my visa ran out and couldn’t be renewed. The management are amazing and the hotel looks after all the staff and are very accommodating. This place became my family and no job will ever match this
Pros
Life was handed to you by them on a golden platter. They provide food, accommodation, job security, health benefits and more
Fun and organised workplace
Demi Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 July 2018
Accor is a very organised with an amazing HR. They provide good training online and there is an APP where you can check policy, benefits and company history.
Good culture and experience
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 July 2018
-Strong brand identity as worldwide company
- Well manage intern of training and career development
- Good workplace culture and management
-The hardest part of the job is manpower as there was a lot of staff turn over
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Not enough manpower
really lame
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 June 2018
This is a lame process. i dont want to review old jobs. and these required fields suck. this process is horrible. and I think its a joke for old jobs.
great incentives
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Hills SA6 May 2018
girls were great to work with
management was helpful
great views
lovely customers
a great company to work for
beautiful atmosphere
set in a great area
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
clicky groups treated like an outcast
Work Responsibility Fine but More than one person can handle
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne6 May 2018
Culture was set by the senior management which totally failed to impress at this site. General staff & contractors all very easy to get along with but balloons & streamers don't make up for bad manners & poor attitude.
All the above aside, I found plenty to do and was continually busy over and above the day to day mundane repairs and supervision. It was as with most hotels and the hospitality industry a great place to make new friendships.
Q/. The hardest part of the job ?
A/. Putting up with insults and asides, for 6 Months from the GM, a marathon compared to my 2 predasessors
Friendly environment and easy workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT21 April 2018
The time schedule is easy to chose and the supervisor is very friendly in nature. the workplace is really cool and friendly. There is multicultural staff working.
It s a good place if you want a career in Hospitality. Food and Beverage Attendant. Sydney
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW6 April 2018
I ve been working for them recently, only 3 months.
The roaster are made by preference. I mean , some of the staff always have many hours and other struggling to have the minimum hours.
They don't control our hours correctly so we need to keep one eye open. Otherwise they pay us wrong.
Unfortunately some of my friends and me, had problems with my that.
Poor training. Definitely, I am learning during the shifts.
Anyway ...Good interaction with the Guests, great opportunity to improve my skills and many positions available in all Australia.
Productive work place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Zealand Star Bank VIC6 April 2018
I enjoyed my time with the Ibis hotel. Each day was different as I worked in housekeeping. So some days I might be working with myself & others I would be buddied up with another colleague of mine. I made a lot of friends while working at the hotel that I still keep in touch with to this day.
The hardest part about the job was when people wouldn't show up to work for their shift leaving the rest of us to clean their rooms, but we all worked as a team & managed to make it through the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was seeing my productivity go up each week as I could see my time in each room was improving.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
people not showing up to their shifts leaving more work for others
Good
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 April 2018
Great reputation and location as per one of Accor's flagship hotel in Sydney.

Always busy with high occupancy all year around which leads to high work load and stress level of employee
Although their training is of a high standard, their employment selection is poor.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 April 2018
The company is exceptional in customer service and thrives to give customer satisfaction. Where the company lets itself down is it employees from any group that gives it a financial return. Thus the company gets its' staff from groups that are from employment services, overseas students and welfare groups. Most of the staff are from overseas countries and have basic English skills, if any. Practically all the housekeeping staff are on 457 visas. The company has a real struggle trying to provide alter mate customer satisfaction when being restrained by financial management.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Bad employees
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Perth, Australia18 March 2018
Fun office, tough targets, small commission. 5 minutes to cold call and get the customers credit card number. only $10 per sale. Wage $20 p/h before comms
Pros
Travel, Hotels
Cons
Low Comms
Fun and Productive Workplace with plenty of benefits
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW15 January 2018
Accor Advantage plus was a wonderful company to work for and offered loads of benefits and opportunities to advance but can be a challenging job if you are not comfortable talking to strangers on the phone. This company would be a perfect fit for someone with great selling skills and who is confident and comfortable in themselves.
Pros
Loads of opportunities
Cons
Can get abused by customers on a daily
Decent
Front Office Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW10 December 2017
Not a bad company to work for. Some culture needs to change though, specifically with the rostering and staffing levels at some properties. Overall though, its not a bad company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AccorHotels. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K