AccorHotels Employee Reviews

Work Responsibility Fine but More than one person can handle
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne6 May 2018
Culture was set by the senior management which totally failed to impress at this site. General staff & contractors all very easy to get along with but balloons & streamers don't make up for bad manners & poor attitude.
All the above aside, I found plenty to do and was continually busy over and above the day to day mundane repairs and supervision. It was as with most hotels and the hospitality industry a great place to make new friendships.
Q/. The hardest part of the job ?
A/. Putting up with insults and asides, for 6 Months from the GM, a marathon compared to my 2 predasessors
Friendly environment and easy workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT21 April 2018
The time schedule is easy to chose and the supervisor is very friendly in nature. the workplace is really cool and friendly. There is multicultural staff working.
It s a good place if you want a career in Hospitality. Food and Beverage Attendant. Sydney
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW6 April 2018
I ve been working for them recently, only 3 months.
The roaster are made by preference. I mean , some of the staff always have many hours and other struggling to have the minimum hours.
They don't control our hours correctly so we need to keep one eye open. Otherwise they pay us wrong.
Unfortunately some of my friends and me, had problems with my that.
Poor training. Definitely, I am learning during the shifts.
Anyway ...Good interaction with the Guests, great opportunity to improve my skills and many positions available in all Australia.
Productive work place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Zealand Star Bank VIC6 April 2018
I enjoyed my time with the Ibis hotel. Each day was different as I worked in housekeeping. So some days I might be working with myself & others I would be buddied up with another colleague of mine. I made a lot of friends while working at the hotel that I still keep in touch with to this day.
The hardest part about the job was when people wouldn't show up to work for their shift leaving the rest of us to clean their rooms, but we all worked as a team & managed to make it through the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was seeing my productivity go up each week as I could see my time in each room was improving.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
people not showing up to their shifts leaving more work for others
Although their training is of a high standard, their employment selection is poor.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 April 2018
The company is exceptional in customer service and thrives to give customer satisfaction. Where the company lets itself down is it employees from any group that gives it a financial return. Thus the company gets its' staff from groups that are from employment services, overseas students and welfare groups. Most of the staff are from overseas countries and have basic English skills, if any. Practically all the housekeeping staff are on 457 visas. The company has a real struggle trying to provide alter mate customer satisfaction when being restrained by financial management.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Bad employees
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Perth, Australia18 March 2018
Fun office, tough targets, small commission. 5 minutes to cold call and get the customers credit card number. only $10 per sale. Wage $20 p/h before comms
Pros
Travel, Hotels
Cons
Low Comms
Fun and Productive Workplace with plenty of benefits
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW15 January 2018
Accor Advantage plus was a wonderful company to work for and offered loads of benefits and opportunities to advance but can be a challenging job if you are not comfortable talking to strangers on the phone. This company would be a perfect fit for someone with great selling skills and who is confident and comfortable in themselves.
Pros
Loads of opportunities
Cons
Can get abused by customers on a daily
Decent
Front Office Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW10 December 2017
Not a bad company to work for. Some culture needs to change though, specifically with the rostering and staffing levels at some properties. Overall though, its not a bad company
Allegiance Marketing
Allegiance Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chatswood NSW7 December 2017
I absolutely loved this job. It was a great place to work and the staff and management were wonderful. Sadly my mum got sick so I needed to look for work closer to home. I would possibly still be there if this had not happened.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Travel to Chatswood
i didnt have good experience .
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 November 2017
housekeepking is itself a hard work.co worker were nice but work was very hard.learn bed making cleaning n made few friends. it was short time but learn alot.
Fun Workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 November 2017
It was fun to work with the staff members, and have a genuine team. Guest are very happy to stay in the hotels, and enjoyed the facilities provided. Overall, it was exciting to work with ACCOR teams
Spa therapist
Sea temple palm cove - vie spa (Former Employee) –  Palm Cove QLD1 November 2017
There was no up skilling , or rostering systems , Accor was a good company to work for just vie spa had no vision ,

Work was decided on client bookings , as an employee you were giving an hours notice to be at work for your shift ,

No loading or penaltys were paid
Pros
Working in the spa beauty industry
Cons
No roster and up skilling
Productive and supportive team environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW23 June 2017
Incredibly rewarding and beneficial company to be employed for.
They have provided me with full training and continue to surround all staff in a safe and supportive work environment.
Strong Hospitality Offering
FOOD & BEVERAGE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 June 2017
Strong procedures and leadership shown by all parties within both branded sites and corporate office.
Communication lines are clear and varied, with all staff being able to access critical information easily.
typical day at work
Apprentice Chef (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW15 June 2017
usually starts off quite slow and i prepare/start getting through all prep needed and then usually goes fast as I learn new things and interact with co-workers
fun place work meeting new people
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 May 2017
diverse cultures of people making the experince for customers that are travelling more comfortable attending there needs listening too there stories and adventures giving them ideas of new places too explore
Pros
hoilday pay
Cons
no over time
good work place
Porter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC11 April 2017
good place to work could be better
need to hire more females
in the concierge dept
long hours but good pay awful staff room and management not friendly
This is an amazing company to work for!
Part-time Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 April 2017
This company has an amazing culture.

- activities are designed to be inclusive
- inter-team communication is promoted
- brilliant place to grow yourself, your skills and your career prospects
Fast paced and productive work place if enough staff
Bartender/barrista/waiter (Former Employee) –  Dunsborough7 April 2017
Not very well managed resort. On periods where the resort was busy, they did not have enough staff to run this hospitality operation smoothly and effectively. Allthough the location of the place was great which made the stay tolerable.
Pros
Good location, great view
Cons
not enough staff, management did not care for it's emplyees enough, too much budget oriented
good, interesting
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 March 2017
I enjoyed my work in the company. I learned a lot of things and got called sometimes to reception if they need French speaker to communicate with French guests.
Pros
free accommodation and breakfast for birthday
Cons
very, very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AccorHotels. Our community is ready to answer.