ACH Group Employee Reviews

Friendly staff and great facility
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Rostrevor SA3 May 2019
Through ACh mil para aged care facility, I was able to understand the difference of roles in age care and hospital setting. I realised that in aged care facility RN has a huge responsibility, yet there is a lack of opportunity to perform nursing skills.
Pros
relaxing and satisfying workload
Cons
huge responsibility
Easy to get lost in the big machine
Maintenance and Administration Officer - relief (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA12 March 2019
The corporate culture is not healthy. People are gossiping and there is a lot of negative talk at the Head Office. While their corporate values promote individuality and uniqueness, they enforce adherence to 'conformance' of the status quo. They do not care about individual experiences, opinions or suggestions, but only ever expect employees to walk and talk the latest corporate line.

They admit to recruiting into the casual pool and say that you can then apply for positions as they are advertised internally. However, they will keep people in the casual pool for years, especially if they can move you from site to site as it is not easy to get someone who is able to adapt to changed work set-up. They would rather recruit someone from outside and appoint that person to a fixed job while moving the poor casual person form site to site, having to deal with all the uncertainty of starting fresh every few weeks or just "holding the fort" while someone is on leave or away for training. I was in the causal pool for almost two years and applied for 4 positions internally in other areas of the business. Each time a person from outside was appointed and I was kept in the temp role until they moved me again to another 'casual role'. I finally left when I met someone who had been in the 'casual role' for more than three years.
Cons
no opportunity to grow career or get permanent position
A day at ACH
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 June 2018
A usual day at ACH bring a lots of hopes and cheerful memories where the residents and co workers stay together positively for each other.

The right amount of quality services are provided to residents on individual preferences and requirements.
Pros
Quality services
Cons
Pay rates
help people
Community Services (Former Employee) –  Christie Downs SA11 January 2018
help the elderly with house work, wash dishes, vacuum, mop floors, put washing out or bring it in, make beds, prepare lunch or tea. personal care, help with dressing, showering, dressing transport to shops, appointments
kitchen hand, cooking staff
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Rostrevor SA14 April 2017
organizing, reheating, making prep, setting up tables, communication with different cultures. Cleaning up after yourself, and of course others. moping after the end of shift. I learned it is very good to be 15 mins early to make sure your'e prepared
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA30 January 2017
Great organisation to work for . Management always helpful and supportive . Can work as many or as less hours as you prefer .
Pros
Salary sacrifice
Cons
Too many cleaning jobs
A toxic place to work
Head Office (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 December 2016
There was no direction from senior management, they did not agree on anything and this fed down to the workers. The atmosphere was very toxic and unpleasant and the senior HR managers added to this unpleasantness.
Pros
Cons
Very bad management and toxic environment
Huge learning experience in business and project development
Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Mile End, SA8 May 2014
A typical day at work:
Developing a project plan for a peer learning network with an aged care provider
Literature review and online search of peer learning networks
Developing a customer consultancy model using co design approaches
Monthly reporting
Consulting with internal and external stakeholders
What I learned:
Co design and consumer consultation techniques associated with change management strategies
Working with a management team and learning about corporate branding
Management:
A not for profit agency where I was employed in a corporate office. There existed an extensive hierarchy. The management team I was working with were highly innovative and creative striving for new approaches to aged care services
Co workers
Genuinely hardworking and committed co workers. Strong concern for customers and team.
The hardest part of my job:
Being patient with lengthy processes due to the workplace being very big and having a range of procedures.
The most enjoyable part of my job:
Working with great people, making difference and developing a project plan for an exciting project.
Pros
Free Pilates class every Tuesday Lunch time
Cons
No parking
Caring and Productive Environment
Client Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Mile End South Australia9 April 2013
A typical day at work would be to first have a chat with the Stay at Home team. Then get stuck into sending surveys to customers, updating contractor details or requesting details, data entry of Stay at Home requests for assistance. Answering the phone.
I learned how appreciative customers were of the Stay at Home program.
Management were easy to talk to and approachable.
My co-workers were extremely hard working, they worked together well and also had a sense of humour.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get hold of the supervisors, as they were out to see customers during the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team I worked with, the confidence they had in me in doing my job and speaking with customers and contractors.
Pros
lovely left over sandwiches and cake from training sessions held at ach
Cons
no parking available.
Working for ACH Group
Education Research and Quality Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Australia, South Australia4 February 2013
It was an honor and great privilege to work for ACH Group. the amount of support and encouragements offered by the management team is absolutely outstanding.
Pros
great management support
Cons
nil