ACH Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACH Group Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
Very stressful environment, top heavy (management), more profit driven than it needed to be, undervalues hard workers, management changes all the time, rarely promotes staff, lots of gossipers and HR were not equipped to look after the amount of staff employed there - and did not understand what the word confidential meant.
Too concerned about covering their own backsides rather than support the workers through culture of bullying and intimidation. Has been like this for past 8 years....
variety of jobs each day, did a lot of online learning, understanding management, great team leaders and adviser. Hardest part losing client numbers and work hours going down. Most enjoyable part making a client laugh and be happy, promoting a clients independence.A fair bit of travelling. The decline of working in the Murray Mallee area. job tasks include personal care, home cleaning, shopping, social outings, meal preparations.Loved the connection I made with customers and their families. Positive feedback was received. Been able to work by myself as well as in a team environment.
Bullying is their best skill and HR actually promote it. Below average wages and management have no idea what they're doing or what's happening among their staff. Glad I got out when I did!
Enjoyed working there great place to clean friendly staff very clean site all health offices was kept to the highest clean standard's all staff was respectable
Nice homely facility but a needed rebuild has been talked about since I started in 2011.... Aged care always run off your feet no matter where u work..... never enough staff, work load is to much.... A carer should be a carer not be in the kitchen and cleaning and doing medications... too much responsibility put on the senior staff members and communication is always a issue. Love my residents and I do love my job.
Only pay up to level 4 not 7..... that is ACH policy..... we should be paid at the level we are as senior care workers have alot more responsibility......

Never get any acknowledgment or recognition from management....
Pros
Making a difference in elderly residents lives
Cons
Residents passing
Through ACh mil para aged care facility, I was able to understand the difference of roles in age care and hospital setting. I realised that in aged care facility RN has a huge responsibility, yet there is a lack of opportunity to perform nursing skills.
Pros
relaxing and satisfying workload
Cons
huge responsibility
The corporate culture is not healthy. People are gossiping and there is a lot of negative talk at the Head Office. While their corporate values promote individuality and uniqueness, they enforce adherence to 'conformance' of the status quo. They do not care about individual experiences, opinions or suggestions, but only ever expect employees to walk and talk the latest corporate line.

They admit to recruiting into the casual pool and say that you can then apply for positions as they are advertised internally. However, they will keep people in the casual pool for years, especially if they can move you from site to site as it is not easy to get someone who is able to adapt to changed work set-up. They would rather recruit someone from outside and appoint that person to a fixed job while moving the poor casual person form site to site, having to deal with all the uncertainty of starting fresh every few weeks or just "holding the fort" while someone is on leave or away for training. I was in the causal pool for almost two years and applied for 4 positions internally in other areas of the business. Each time a person from outside was appointed and I was kept in the temp role until they moved me again to another 'casual role'. I finally left when I met someone who had been in the 'casual role' for more than three years.
Cons
no opportunity to grow career or get permanent position
A usual day at ACH bring a lots of hopes and cheerful memories where the residents and co workers stay together positively for each other.

The right amount of quality services are provided to residents on individual preferences and requirements.
Pros
Quality services
Cons
Pay rates
help the elderly with house work, wash dishes, vacuum, mop floors, put washing out or bring it in, make beds, prepare lunch or tea. personal care, help with dressing, showering, dressing transport to shops, appointments
Cons
organizing, reheating, making prep, setting up tables, communication with different cultures. Cleaning up after yourself, and of course others. moping after the end of shift. I learned it is very good to be 15 mins early to make sure your'e prepared
Great organisation to work for . Management always helpful and supportive . Can work as many or as less hours as you prefer .
Pros
Salary sacrifice
Cons
Too many cleaning jobs
There was no direction from senior management, they did not agree on anything and this fed down to the workers. The atmosphere was very toxic and unpleasant and the senior HR managers added to this unpleasantness.
Pros
Cons
Very bad management and toxic environment
A typical day at work:
Developing a project plan for a peer learning network with an aged care provider

Literature review and online search of peer learning networks

Developing a customer consultancy model using co design approaches

Monthly reporting

Consulting with internal and external stakeholders

What I learned:

Co design and consumer consultation techniques associated with change management strategies

Working with a management team and learning about corporate branding

Management:

A not for profit agency where I was employed in a corporate office. There existed an extensive hierarchy. The management team I was working with were highly innovative and creative striving for new approaches to aged care services

Co workers

Genuinely hardworking and committed co workers. Strong concern for customers and team.

The hardest part of my job:

Being patient with lengthy processes due to the workplace being very big and having a range of procedures.

The most enjoyable part of my job:

Working with great people, making difference and developing a project plan for an exciting project.
Pros
Free Pilates class every Tuesday Lunch time
Cons
No parking
A typical day at work would be to first have a chat with the Stay at Home team. Then get stuck into sending surveys to customers, updating contractor details or requesting details, data entry of Stay at Home requests for assistance. Answering the phone.
I learned how appreciative customers were of the Stay at Home program.

Management were easy to talk to and approachable.

My co-workers were extremely hard working, they worked together well and also had a sense of humour.

The hardest part of the job was trying to get hold of the supervisors, as they were out to see customers during the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team I worked with, the confidence they had in me in doing my job and speaking with customers and contractors.
Pros
lovely left over sandwiches and cake from training sessions held at ach
Cons
no parking available.
It was an honor and great privilege to work for ACH Group. the amount of support and encouragements offered by the management team is absolutely outstanding.
Pros
great management support
Cons
nil