Achieve Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Achieve Australia Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
I am a disability support worker.i take interest in supporting individuals with disabilities or persons with challenging behaviours. It is my desire to continually be a source of inspiration to others .
If you are person who is organised and needs order in working stay away from this organisation.
This organisation have professional team members with various sub committees that looks good only on paper. In reality no one knows what the other team member/leader is doing, repetition of jobs and very disorganized work culture. As a worker it is stressful and chaotic. No coordination and collaboration.
Management structure is very poor and always short pay staff salary, they never pay your hour correctly and when you complain they ask you to submit payment enquiries and they never respond or process it. till date the hours am own was never paid.
I have learn so many skills and work at Achieve. every single day i learnt something new. it is such an advanced organitation to work, we have so much of opportinities to grow our talents, The staffes are very supportive and helpful, The Management is offering enough support for staffs.
Developed new business by networking with valuable customers.
• Negotiated, prepared and signed contracts with customers.

• Collaborated with internal departments to develop new strategies to capitalize on emerging customer and market.reated reports and presentations detailing business development activities. Completed statutory audits and addressed any complaints from stake holders and employees.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Turnaround
Caring for People with disabilities is some how rewarding. I enjoyed interacting with the people for. I engage them with activities the enjoyed.
I learned a lot about these people . I realised that they have more potentials than we think they do.

The management is good, very supportive of the staff as well as the people we care for. The management provide safe working environment and conditions.

Because these people have intellectual disabilities, they are not so good with unfamiliar faces. If I work with unfamiliar face and they don't like the staff they will be very aggressive and challenging.

I love taking them out into the community because the like going out a lot. They enjoy activities like playing ball games , walking in the garden and going out on community access. so I enjoy my day when they are happy and calm.
Pros
Got to go out with them
Cons
When they are aggitated
Achieve is a very good company to work. Very good excelente managers, caring and also looking after you. During my time in Achieve I besides development profesional relationships with staff and management, I achieve good rapport with clients and their families. Factor thatmakede my work load much easier to do. I held a different positions : from education support worker to management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
24/7 hours
Constantly reprioritising the situation as no day is ever the same. Learned to go with the flow of the day to get the most out of it.
Manage what you can.

Work culture is good when you work with like minded people.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult colleagues.

Most enjoyable part of the job is making a positive difference to the clients.
Pros
social with clients
Cons
A typical day at work- Busy in the mornings.
What i learned- Understanding of others capabilities.

Co-Workers- Co-workers were fun.

Hardest part of the job- Keeping everyone focused on the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job- Seeing the smiling faces at the end of the day.

Management- No Comment.
Pros
Working with disability people.
Cons
Boring at times.
great company with great support from management. clients where a joy to work with.
Pros
support
Cons
no food
Do not wish to describe as I this is all in my resume and therefore can be sourced there.