ACT Government Employee Reviews

supportive staff
Foods and Parenting Teacher (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT4 September 2018
excellent experience. They allowed me to use my experience and skills. They also guided me to teach and conform to Austrailian norms. The support and guidance was excellent.
Pros
wide range of opportunities
Cons
A reasonable organisation but stuck a little in the past
Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 September 2017
There is no typical day at work. There are regular scheduled meetings but at any stage of the day someone or a project hits a crisis point.
I learnt very quickly to get the days work out of my so I can deal with the crisis as they arise.
Management were an interesting part of the game. They either didn't wont to know or micromanaged. The best of them trusted their staff to do what they did and did it well.
The hardest part of change management is to guide people down a path without taking dangerous shortcuts. The most enjoyable part was seeing the 'lightbulb' moment when the reason for a structured process is that it makes life easier not harder.
Gso 3/4
GSO 3/4 (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT22 September 2017
Every day was different, I did various things such as general horticulture, removal of rubbish, Mowing grass, Whipper snippering, High Pressure cleaning (water), Street Cleaning etc.

I did a lot of interacting with the public, I also got pride in my job by seeing the end result, in completion of what the task was.
Pros
Dealing with everyday tasks and seeing the end result.
Manager spends all day watching you on cameras.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fyshwick ACT15 September 2017
Bad Management. As a casual Special Needs Transport Driver, you will only be called to work if a permanent driver is sick or on leave.
Could be once a week, once a fortnight, once a month. Not suitable if you are looking for regular work.
Pros
Pay rates are reasonable.
Cons
Unfriendly environment.
ok ive had better bosses
bus cleaner (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT29 May 2017
had bad boss how was never there was at club drinking and playing pokies and not working dint like to work at all he likes givieing it to others
Cons
long hours with no extra money
Career development lacking
File Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT2 March 2016
Unfortunately there wasn't many opportunities for me to develop my skills and experience. Felt like I was stagnating in the section I was in.