ACTIV
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACTIV Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews
Interviews and training is on going. They just need well trained individuals who are understanding in the managerial role. They need avoid favoritism when it comes to treating conflicts amongst colleagues.
Busy working space in a multi-tasking environment.
Customer services and relations skills. Speaking in public. Organisational skills and time management.

Good management team required and strong planning in place to support the role in Learning and Development.

Teamwork and dedication for what you do required.Resources and experienced staff essential to meet customer requirements.

Good Training programmes and support for the clients in their studies.

Workload and time management difficult due to inadequate team numbers available to support Learning & Development staff.

Meeting the Clients and Staff and seeing them succeed in their learning development.
I worked on a very challenging project implementing two systems a customer management system & a rostering system. We had a difficult time dealing with 2 external vendors that were both located interstate.
Typical Day - driving a bus, Learned - life is difficult everywhere, Management - some times management does not know everything. Workplace - pretend you know everything, but actually you don't. Hardest part of job - Informing on people who have done wrong, even though they deserved it. Most enjoyable part of the job, Christmas parties.
New skills, experience and training opportunities. Great management and fellow staff members. The clients and their families, great to work with and alongside them and advocating for them
Pros
Training, different work places, creating opportunities with them
Cons
Not enough time allocated to finish life changing projects
Such a high turn over of staff and coordinators. Employees who do most of the work get left behind and sometimes so do the clients. Its very sad how you are left to exist with no contact. the company doesnt offer any variety to those who want to exceed in their career. when clients go away you are left stranded with no work. I've had nothing but a bad experience Working for Activ the last 3 years. Activ is one of the worst companies i've ever worked for.. At the end of the day its all about money and what they want. You get left behind. Employers don't care, so why should you.
Never really liked it here as they have underpaid us and never spoke to the employees about their behaviour towards others.The management here just isn't right as they are not strict enough on employees and the way they have been treated.
Pros
Free lunches on occasions
Cons
Low wages
Activ is great when you first start, they would give you anywhere from 30 to 70 hours a fortnight. Once you have been there for more the 7 months they cut your hours down if you arn't a permanent, to 0 to 20 hours a fortnight.
Pros
Meeting new People
Cons
Not getting enough hours
working with the clients has given me insight to how they like to be treated towards and with activs help they have gotten the clients to achieve their long life dreams as well as daily activities within the house and out in the community
Great company to work for and with. Met so many great caring professionals. Easy to have a laugh once deadlines are met. Encouraged to apply for internal promotions.
Pros
Caring Organisation
Cons
Can be long hours at peak times
I started as 8.30 am and finished at 6.30pm, it was good working with people with disabilities and I learned alot from my experences in doing that, I learned how to management with people with disabilities.
it is a great place to work it like a big family that are always out going and grat to be around and i love volenteering thier because of the atmosphere
Pros
voulenteering hours, resonable hours
Cons
non paid because vlonenteering
Worked in Finance/Payroll/HR division. Totally unrealistic expectations placed on employees in this division. Young career driven managers who have little to no respect for individuals with different career aspects or family values. Work load for individuals is unrealistic, so many good staff have left and they don't seem to care, it's like rotating staff and squeezing them until they leave, shame as there are some wonderful employees there. Promotions are given to friends and interesting job titles as well especially for those who do not have the education to back up their job title. The wage is below standard and they use the salary sacrifice to boost it up so it is not a bonus its just to bring you up to a standard. Offices are nice and clean. Other departments are nice and by all means my review doesn't reflect on how these departments are run.
Pros
Client focused
Cons
Not employee focused
Good company to work for with lovely people.

Enjoyable work and variety in every day.

Hours are unfortunately only part time and I am seeking full time work right now.
Provide support and encouragement to develop an individual’s skills, support their independence, assist with relationship development, maintain good health and wellbeing and facilitate participation, contribution and inclusion in the community.
Pros
Sense of self satisfaction promoting rights and inclusion of individuals
Cons
Not enough pay!
I worked as a support worker at Activ for two years. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients and taking them out to activities in the community.

As a support worker, I was given very limited information about the clients. The client information we received was often three or four years out of date.

When issues occurred with the clients, management failed to document them and simply moved them onto another support worker.

I was often expected to work unsociable hours and change my hours of work (at the client's request) with less than 24 hours notice. It was impossible to plan other commitments around my work for this reason.

Support workers were given part time contracts for five to ten hours a fortnight. Most support workers had to find a second job in order to pay their bills.

When I first started, the CEO said that he could not increase support worker wages as the cost of renting the new building was too high. It was only when the union got involved that Activ raised staff wages above minimum wage.

There were limited opportunities for support workers to advance their career within the company. There were very few support workers who stayed in the job for longer than six months.

In summary, I would not recommend working as a support worker at Activ.
Supporting people with disabilities to reach their potential for a happy content life,
Pros
job satifaction
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyable and was able to see positive outcomes for children and adults with learning difficulties. Activ does enourmous work and outlays a lot of opportunities to learn and enables employees to have training and courses to help understand the clients. A full day at work would involve picking up children from various schools if they are booked into respite. Seeing to their personal care needs and their recreational needs. Preparing meals and making sure of that children with allergies have been catered for. Administrating medications as well as performing peg feeds. My co workers all worked together we all made sure we knew our clients in every aspect. The hardest part of the work was to hear that a child or adult had passed away or deteriorated.
Pros
Loved the great companionship of my peers
Currently employed as a traffic controller Is unpredictable lots of fun. Anything can change at the drop of a hat. People skills and communication is a must. Working as a team is important as hard as it is dealing with different personalities i enjoy learning and growing from these experiences. I enjoy the character building.
Pros
long hours, Great crew of people and good pay
Cons
Fatiuge management
Fundação voltada a prestação de um variada gama de serviços voltadas a pessoas portadores de diferentes deficiências. Entre os serviços prestados encontramos:
Programas de entreterimento para pessoas com baixa renda.

Desenvolvimento de planos de curto, médio e longo termo para portadores de deficiencias.

Projetos ligados a terapia ocupacional e inclusão social.

Capacitação profissional.

Portadores de deficiencia e o mercado de trabalho.
Pros
veículo da empresa/ celualr da empresa
Cons
não tem vale refeição
A typical day at work would consist of appointments for clients,outings of the clients choice,preparing meals for clients throughout the day and some housework at the group home.

I learnt skills about how to care for diabetics,how to improve on multitasking,some training courses to help make the job easier

also studied certificate 3 of disabilities while on the job.

My co-workers were quite helpful in information and putting forward ideas but at times lacked in contributing there part in helping with day to day chores.

The Hardest part of the job was when it was at times hard to communicate with a client due to behaviours or just unknown reasons so there for made it hard to be able to help them or understand what they needed and at times particulars clients would lash out at others for reasons that weren't apparent.

The enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the new people and

knowing that everyday I did my job successfully and I always really enjoy working in a team environment.
Pros
free meals
Cons
assistance from others not always available