ACTIV
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
ACTIV Employee Review

good work place

6 August 2017
I started as 8.30 am and finished at 6.30pm, it was good working with people with disabilities and I learned alot from my experences in doing that, I learned how to management with people with disabilities.
14 February 2013
Same role
Residential Aide (Former Employee) - Success (south metro)
A typical day at work would consist of appointments for clients,outings of the clients choice,preparing meals for clients throughout the day and some housework at the group home.I learnt skills about how to care for diabetics,how to improve on multitasking,some training courses to help make the job easieralso studied certificate 3 of disabilities while on the job.My co-workers were quite helpful in information and putting forward ideas but at times lacked in contributing there part in helping with day to day chores.The Hardest part of the job was when it was at times hard to communicate with a client due to behaviours or just unknown reasons so there for made it hard to be able to help them or understand what they needed and at times particulars clients would lash out at others for reasons that weren't apparent.The enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the new people andknowing that everyday I did my job successfully and I always really enjoy working in a team environment.
Pros
free meals
Cons
assistance from others not always available
18 August 2020
Same location
Support Worker (Current Employee) - Albany WA
Conducive working environment that sharpens and ehances your skillset. Very professional and approachable team leaders. Quick resolution to staff problems and queries.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Nil
12 February 2021
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) - Bunbury WA
They struggle with finding and keeping quality staff hence the turn over. The pay is the bare minimum wage. I was a supervisor and the pay considering my responsibility was an absolute disgrace
Pros
Cons
Management. Pay