ACTIV
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
ACTIV Employee Review

Would not recommend working as a support worker at this company.

26 June 2015
I worked as a support worker at Activ for two years. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients and taking them out to activities in the community. As a support worker, I was given very limited information about the clients. The client information we received was often three or four years out of date. When issues occurred with the clients, management failed to document them and simply moved them onto another support worker. I was often expected to work unsociable hours and change my hours of work (at the client's request) with less than 24 hours notice. It was impossible to plan other commitments around my work for this reason. Support workers were given part time contracts for five to ten hours a fortnight. Most support workers had to find a second job in order to pay their bills. When I first started, the CEO said that he could not increase support worker wages as the cost of renting the new building was too high. It was only when the union got involved that Activ raised staff wages above minimum wage. There were limited opportunities for support workers to advance their career within the company. There were very few support workers who stayed in the job for longer than six months. In summary, I would not recommend working as a support worker at Activ.
18 August 2020
Same role
Support Worker (Current Employee) - Albany WA
Conducive working environment that sharpens and ehances your skillset. Very professional and approachable team leaders. Quick resolution to staff problems and queries.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Nil
19 October 2018
Same roleSame location
Support Worker (Former Employee) - Perth WA
Such a high turn over of staff and coordinators. Employees who do most of the work get left behind and sometimes so do the clients. Its very sad how you are left to exist with no contact. the company doesnt offer any variety to those who want to exceed in their career. when clients go away you are left stranded with no work. I've had nothing but a bad experience Working for Activ the last 3 years. Activ is one of the worst companies i've ever worked for.. At the end of the day its all about money and what they want. You get left behind. Employers don't care, so why should you.
23 March 2020
Same location
RTO Training Coordinator/Administrator (Former Employee) - Head Office Perth
Busy working space in a multi-tasking environment. Customer services and relations skills. Speaking in public. Organisational skills and time management. Good management team required and strong planning in place to support the role in Learning and Development. Teamwork and dedication for what you do required.Resources and experienced staff essential to meet customer requirements. Good Training programmes and support for the clients in their studies. Workload and time management difficult due to inadequate team numbers available to support Learning & Development staff. Meeting the Clients and Staff and seeing them succeed in their learning development.
  1. Would not recommend working as a support worker at this company.