ACTIV
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACTIV Employee Reviews for Residential Aide

Residential Aide2 reviews
Australia2 reviews

good work place

I started as 8.30 am and finished at 6.30pm, it was good working with people with disabilities and I learned alot from my experences in doing that, I learned how to management with people with disabilities.

A very sociable,different everyday atmosphere

A typical day at work would consist of appointments for clients,outings of the clients choice,preparing meals for clients throughout the day and some housework at the group home.I learnt skills about how to care for diabetics,how to improve on multitasking,some training courses to help make the job easieralso studied certificate 3 of disabilities while on the job.My co-workers were quite helpful in information and putting forward ideas but at times lacked in contributing there part in helping with day to day chores.The Hardest part of the job was when it was at times hard to communicate with a client due to behaviours or just unknown reasons so there for made it hard to be able to help them or understand what they needed and at times particulars clients would lash out at others for reasons that weren't apparent.The enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the new people andknowing that everyday I did my job successfully and I always really enjoy working in a team environment.

Pros

free meals

Cons

assistance from others not always available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACTIV. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

ACTIV Reviews by Location

• ACTIV
  • Residential Aide
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?