ACTIV
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACTIV Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Activ is great when you first start, they would give you anywhere from 30 to 70 hours a fortnight. Once you have been there for more the 7 months they cut your hours down if you arn't a permanent, to 0 to 20 hours a fortnight.
Pros
Meeting new People
Cons
Not getting enough hours
Conducive working environment that sharpens and ehances your skillset. Very professional and approachable team leaders. Quick resolution to staff problems and queries.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Nil
Such a high turn over of staff and coordinators. Employees who do most of the work get left behind and sometimes so do the clients. Its very sad how you are left to exist with no contact. the company doesnt offer any variety to those who want to exceed in their career. when clients go away you are left stranded with no work. I've had nothing but a bad experience Working for Activ the last 3 years. Activ is one of the worst companies i've ever worked for.. At the end of the day its all about money and what they want. You get left behind. Employers don't care, so why should you.
working with the clients has given me insight to how they like to be treated towards and with activs help they have gotten the clients to achieve their long life dreams as well as daily activities within the house and out in the community
I worked as a support worker at Activ for two years. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients and taking them out to activities in the community. As a support worker, I was given very limited information about the clients. The client information we received was often three or four years out of date. When issues occurred with the clients, management failed to document them and simply moved them onto another support worker. I was often expected to work unsociable hours and change my hours of work (at the client's request) with less than 24 hours notice. It was impossible to plan other commitments around my work for this reason. Support workers were given part time contracts for five to ten hours a fortnight. Most support workers had to find a second job in order to pay their bills. When I first started, the CEO said that he could not increase support worker wages as the cost of renting the new building was too high. It was only when the union got involved that Activ raised staff wages above minimum wage. There were limited opportunities for support workers to advance their career within the company. There were very few support workers who stayed in the job for longer than six months. In summary, I would not recommend working as a support worker at Activ.
Currently employed as a traffic controller Is unpredictable lots of fun. Anything can change at the drop of a hat. People skills and communication is a must. Working as a team is important as hard as it is dealing with different personalities i enjoy learning and growing from these experiences. I enjoy the character building.
Pros
long hours, Great crew of people and good pay
Cons
Fatiuge management