ACTIV

Australia25 reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance

productive

Interviews and training is on going. They just need well trained individuals who are understanding in the managerial role. They need avoid favoritism when it comes to treating conflicts amongst colleagues.

Poorly managed.

They struggle with finding and keeping quality staff hence the turn over. The pay is the bare minimum wage. I was a supervisor and the pay considering my responsibility was an absolute disgrace

Pros

Cons

Management. Pay

lots of red tape and under qualified staff do yourself a favour look elsewhere if you want to work in disabilities and actually care

i worked here for over 2 years then get the sack for defending myself not a company that i would recommend unless you like to be a whistle blower and not have a opinion some great people but a lot of chest pounders.

Pros

get to meet lots of different people

Cons

un professional management not all

Interesting and fulfiling role

Busy working space in a multi-tasking environment. Customer services and relations skills. Speaking in public. Organisational skills and time management. Good management team required and strong planning in place to support the role in Learning and Development. Teamwork and dedication for what you do required.Resources and experienced staff essential to meet customer requirements. Good Training programmes and support for the clients in their studies. Workload and time management difficult due to inadequate team numbers available to support Learning & Development staff. Meeting the Clients and Staff and seeing them succeed in their learning development.

Good place to work with very good staff

I worked on a very challenging project implementing two systems a customer management system & a rostering system. We had a difficult time dealing with 2 external vendors that were both located interstate.

Dealing with people.

Typical Day - driving a bus, Learned - life is difficult everywhere, Management - some times management does not know everything. Workplace - pretend you know everything, but actually you don't. Hardest part of job - Informing on people who have done wrong, even though they deserved it. Most enjoyable part of the job, Christmas parties.

Great working relationships with management, staff, clients and services

New skills, experience and training opportunities. Great management and fellow staff members. The clients and their families, great to work with and alongside them and advocating for them

Pros

Training, different work places, creating opportunities with them

Cons

Not enough time allocated to finish life changing projects

Employees

Such a high turn over of staff and coordinators. Employees who do most of the work get left behind and sometimes so do the clients. Its very sad how you are left to exist with no contact. the company doesnt offer any variety to those who want to exceed in their career. when clients go away you are left stranded with no work. I've had nothing but a bad experience Working for Activ the last 3 years. Activ is one of the worst companies i've ever worked for.. At the end of the day its all about money and what they want. You get left behind. Employers don't care, so why should you.

Bad place to be at when capable of doing other jobs

Never really liked it here as they have underpaid us and never spoke to the employees about their behaviour towards others.The management here just isn't right as they are not strict enough on employees and the way they have been treated.

Pros

Free lunches on occasions

Cons

Low wages

good work place

I started as 8.30 am and finished at 6.30pm, it was good working with people with disabilities and I learned alot from my experences in doing that, I learned how to management with people with disabilities.

Client focused, employees forgotton

Worked in Finance/Payroll/HR division. Totally unrealistic expectations placed on employees in this division. Young career driven managers who have little to no respect for individuals with different career aspects or family values. Work load for individuals is unrealistic, so many good staff have left and they don't seem to care, it's like rotating staff and squeezing them until they leave, shame as there are some wonderful employees there. Promotions are given to friends and interesting job titles as well especially for those who do not have the education to back up their job title. The wage is below standard and they use the salary sacrifice to boost it up so it is not a bonus its just to bring you up to a standard. Offices are nice and clean. Other departments are nice and by all means my review doesn't reflect on how these departments are run.

Pros

Client focused

Cons

Not employee focused

Would not recommend working as a support worker at this company.

I worked as a support worker at Activ for two years. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients and taking them out to activities in the community. As a support worker, I was given very limited information about the clients. The client information we received was often three or four years out of date. When issues occurred with the clients, management failed to document them and simply moved them onto another support worker. I was often expected to work unsociable hours and change my hours of work (at the client's request) with less than 24 hours notice. It was impossible to plan other commitments around my work for this reason. Support workers were given part time contracts for five to ten hours a fortnight. Most support workers had to find a second job in order to pay their bills. When I first started, the CEO said that he could not increase support worker wages as the cost of renting the new building was too high. It was only when the union got involved that Activ raised staff wages above minimum wage. There were limited opportunities for support workers to advance their career within the company. There were very few support workers who stayed in the job for longer than six months. In summary, I would not recommend working as a support worker at Activ.

Like change and adapting to different situations

Currently employed as a traffic controller Is unpredictable lots of fun. Anything can change at the drop of a hat. People skills and communication is a must. Working as a team is important as hard as it is dealing with different personalities i enjoy learning and growing from these experiences. I enjoy the character building.

Pros

long hours, Great crew of people and good pay

Cons

Fatiuge management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACTIV. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACTIV