Active Care Group Employee Reviews

Bad company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham17 May 2019
I started working with this company in March, on my first assignment I was threw in at the deep end and expected to know what to do even though I had never worked with spinal injuries before, no help from management no induction and my pay was wrong. I haven’t done any more assignments as I was disgusted about the way I was treated and they still owe me £589 which I probably won’t receive.
Pros
Cons
Long hours bad management check your pay
15 July 2019

We are sorry to see this feedback. All our PAs must attend and pass an induction before going to work, we also have a PA Liaison Officer and Care Standards Officers to support you whilst you work with us. We would really like the opportunity to put this right for you and discuss further. If you could contact HR@activeassistance.com we would be pleased to hear from you and investigate this further. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Worst company to work for.
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Essex20 April 2019
Every month I needed to chase my money as they would leave me short or not pay me at all.
They did not care and said that the office staff were under alot of pressure. But did not care about me being under pressure from not being paid and not being able to pay my bills in time each month. I had no choice but to leave and now work for a much better company. Avoid at all costs!
Pros
None terrible company.
Cons
Everything.
15 July 2019

We are sorry that you felt you had no choice to leave us. We have taken your comments seriously and fed back to the relevant teams. We wish you all the very best in your new role. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Very bad company to work for
Pets (Former Employee) –  Dorset3 April 2019
I have worked for active for over a year now and it’s been nothing but grief Since the start. The only thing that kept me there was the clients was so lovely.
On my interview and induction the company sounded amazing however I quickly realised this wasn’t the case , I was totally unsupported by my manger and head office .
The care plans are never correct , had over 15/20 members of staff falling asleep on waking night shifts and when I reported this it was turned around on myself
I had so many shifts that was cancelled being 0 hour contract there was nothing I could do about it and I wouldn’t be paid.
I worked 8 nights straight over Christmas and never got a thank you
I was wrongly accused of several things and when I had prof that this wasn’t correct they didn’t want to know.
Training was very basic and poor.
Communication was a massive failure in this company
I have been pushed out and had no other way but to hand in my notice with immediate effect
If it wasn’t for the clients and loving the job role I would of left a long time ago.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
To many
15 July 2019

Thanks for your review. We listen to all feedback and we always take the concerns of our staff seriously. We are sorry that you didn't feel fully supported by us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you - if you would like to get in touch please email HR@activeassistance.com
Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Alright
Personal Carer (Current Employee) –  England12 February 2019
I like working for them But the comunication in between the comoany is bad and also when it Comes to personal problem that migh acurre they do not help you that much (such as you getting sickat job and you still Have to keep on working)
Pros
You get to say yes or no to the assignment
Cons
Bad comunnication
15 July 2019

Thank you for your review, we look at these and give feedback to teams and constantly strive to improve. We will work to improve our communication and hope that you are able to gain support from your Care Standards Officer when needed. Please ask your Care Coordinator if you are needing any help to find out who this is. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Client was lovely but support from company was poor.
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex6 November 2018
Not paid correctly or on time.No payslips when requested.
Working practices breeched. No time for breaks on 12 hr shift. Lack of communication with office.
Pros
Great client
Cons
Long hours and low pay for complex care.
15 July 2019

We are sorry to read your concerns that you have written, please contact HR@activeassistance.com to discuss this further with them. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

P.a (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 October 2018
Ive been with active 3 months now, always meeting new people, never short of work and management are amazing with support! Would highly recommend to work for.
Pros
Management support is fantastic
15 July 2019

Thank you for taking time to write a review, we really appreciate this.Thank you for all your hard work and we are pleased that you are enjoying your role.

Very fulfilling
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham1 October 2018
Good training. Amazing support from the management. They are wonderful they offer you the best support. The clients are very good. I enjoy it a lot...
Pros
Good support system from management and clients
Cons
None so far
15 July 2019

This is great to see and we are pleased to see that you are enjoying your role. Thank you for all your hard work. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Fulfilling
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  England26 September 2018
I've been with active for 3 months now and can honestly say that it has been a blast. I've never been short of work which If I was honest I was a little worried about when I started being a zero hour contract, but the work is there if you're willing to do it. The clients for the most part have been great, obviously each client is different and some can be more demanding and stressful than others but I've never felt like I've been out of my depth with the job. If I could pick a negative with the job it would be the training, that being there's not enough practical training and is more focused on the power point lessons.
Pros
Fulfilling, fun and a good challenge
Cons
None that I can think of.
Actives HR and payrol staff are consistantly unhelpful. Managers, training and clients are great.
P.A (Current Employee) –  South of England25 September 2018
If you want to spend every month chasing money that they've missed off your salary, then this is the job for you. The office staff are not on the ball at all, but worst of all they really don't care. It's a shame as it's really basic stuff their failing on but to P.As it's paramount to whether they decide to stay or leave. My manager is however lovely and will support you with anything you need. The training is excellent and repeated annually plus there are additional training opportunities. The clients are very plessant to work for too. I would give this job 5 stars if it wasn't for the head office staff they really do drag the firm down.
Pros
Training opportunities, lovely clients, supportive managers
Cons
Office staff's attitude and competence.
15 July 2019

We are sorry to see this and are continually feeding back to teams and managers to improve our service. We appreciate your honesty and are pleased that you have a good Line Manager. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Awful experience.
Live In Carer (Former Employee) –  England3 August 2018
A bunch of incompetent fools in the office, the majority do not know what they are doing. As far as I am concerned, so long as there is a PA in the clients house they no longer care.
Some clients are nice. Others are far from nice and extremely verbally abusive.

The pay? If you're looking for pocket money, go ahead.
Pros
Pros? There are none.
Cons
The company themselves.
15 July 2019

Thank you for us giving us this feedback. We can assure you that everyone cares for Personal Assistants as well as Clients. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

productive
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London23 April 2018
staff are very friendly and the clients are amazing. staff are supportive and understanding. best job I've had so far. hours are flexible. only work in a care setting if your a devoted
Ridiculous Company
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom1 April 2018
Offered a 20 hour contract after working for the company for over two years. I accepted. Four years down the line and they've removed my contract. Put me on zero hours without speaking to me, taken me off my usual shift patterns and completely messed up my life hence the job hunt. The office do not care about their clients they just care if there is a body to fill in shifts or any gaps in the rota. A lot of the PAs sent to work on packages that are unable to communicate effectively because they cannot speak English.
This is not a very good company to work for or be one of their clients.
Pros
Cons
Lots and lots.
Great place to work!
Customer Services and Safeguarding Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent19 February 2018
I have worked at Head Office for about a year now and I am so pleased I joined. The people are great, everyone helps each other and pull together when needed. Overall a great place to work with plenty of opportunities. I have already progressed within the company in the year that I have been here.
Pros
The lovely people
Cons
None that I can think of
I love my job and my clients
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 February 2018
Zero hours is perfect for me as I tell when I want work and when I am not available. I always have lots of work and office staff always nice and help when I call. My training I enjoyed and I meet such good people
Pros
Nice happy kind office staff and nice cluents
Cons
More money would not say no
Better than other care companies
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, TN15 February 2018
I’ve worked at other care companies who rushed my training then felt like I was left alone- not at Active Assistance- they contact me to ask about work, ask me how I get on and my client loves them. Office are nice when I call them
Pros
Good training and good office staff
Cons
My Csm sometimes is hard to get in touch with
Great caring staff and good managers
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2018
I feel my queries are answered when I contact the office and the managers have been helpful when I call them. The training was great and prepared me for my work
Pros
Happy helpful office staff
Cons
Some long hours with some clients
A great fun place to work
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent12 February 2018
Care Coordination is a pretty thankless task, it is hard work and stressful, so what makes me want to stay. The bottom line is, I work with a great team, from our MD down, people are supportive and caring. The team I work in are incredibly supportive, we really are a "team" in every sense of the word. The senior management care about their staff and invest huge amounts of time on supporting us in all aspects of our lives, not just those that relate to work. In my 50 years of working I can honestly say that this is the best team I have ever worked with.
Pros
Supportive, caring but fun place to work
Cons
No one ever said no to more money....
caring family atmosphere- excellent management
live in carer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 February 2018
I feel very supported and valued in my role as a PA.
Some PAs complaint about their clients or their zero hours contract- why stay and carry on working for the company? I find that the management in Sevenoaks all answer quickly to my queries and always listen to me. A job is what you make it and Active have always supported me and help me to progress.
Pros
caring, supportive, excellent management
Cons
Supportive and caring company with a great team of workers
CC (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, TN9 February 2018
AA is a very friendly and enjoyable place to work - everyone genuinely cares about what they do and they people they are helping and most people I have worked with are willing to go above and beyond to make sure that things are done properly.
Pros
Good working atmosphere, supportive management
Cons
Big workload
mixed experiences for both clients and staff
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  Nationwide6 February 2018
I think a 3 star rating is probably fairly generous, the clients have a very mixed experience with AA. Some clients have terrible problems with very inexperienced PAs for example. For the staff, it really varies a lot.

My own experience as a live-in PA was more or less positive, I was lucky to get an excellent client and an excellent manager to match. So conditions for me were good. The pay is pretty bad, it works out at about minimum wage per hour. Even with free accommodation and food and travel added in, this is not a well paid job. For live in PA's it's a zero hours contract so on paper at least you have zero job security, you're guaranteed nothing. However if you work hard and have a good attitude the clients will want to hold on to you. So your job security comes from your aptitude at work.

Overall a mixed bag really, some good points and bad points. The management could definitely improve. Retention of PA's is a big problem as it is across the industry for most companies in the social care sector.
Pros
free accommodation for live in PAs
Cons
minimum wage per hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.