Active Tree Services Employee Review

View all Active Tree Services reviews

Good physically demanding work place that kept me fit and alert and focussed on safety.
Arborist (Former Employee) –  11a Croyden rd Keswick.14 January 2014
Active trees was a fun enjoyable place to work. I traveled the whole state clearing vegetation from power lines, I got the opportunity to get up close with wild life and was able to travel from Renmark through the Adelaide Hills right over to coffin bay on the far west coast. Unfortunately some of the vegetation that we cleared from powerlines was sometimes privately owned, And the general public weren't to happy with us entering there properties to clear there trees. This struck a particular chord with me because i didnt like angering residents, some people spent a lot of time and effort on there gardens and due to legislation were unable to keep them. I want to help people and provide a service that people can benefit from, not destroy their gardens or make them angry.
Pros
Travelling the state
Cons
upsetting the general public becaame all in a days work.

Other Active Tree Services Employee Reviews

Tree
Tree Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 October 2018
It is a fast paced working environment. Pretty much same type of work everyday, not much variety. if you enjoy tree maintenance work this is the job for you.
Productive & enjoyable workplace epecially for those who like to work away from home
Horticulturist (Current Employee) –  South Australia12 August 2018
Great sense of team when working 'On-Ground'

I have learnt quite a lot about the processes involved when managing vegetation around powerlines

Management does appear to be a 'footy Club' here in South Australia.

As far as the workplace culture goes "It's not what you know, it's who you know"

If you're looking to advance within the company in South Australia, you will not- unless you play for the same football team. Workplace nepotism. Which is a shame, because the skills on-ground, far outweigh the skills in South Australia's upper management (education, training, REAL knowledge vs office knowledge). Which is a loss to the progression and betterment of Active Tree Services SA division

But the travel and people you get to meet, make it all worth it, if you can look past the exclusivity.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Being away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Tree Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Active Tree Services Reviews by Location