Adairs
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Adairs Employee Reviews

Australia46 reviews
working for adairs is a fast paced and friendly environment providing excellent homeware and bedding materials shipped out of the factory to the consumer.
The day's of work varied, some days' were busier than others. Learned different systems in this industry. Management was lacking at the time. Workplace culture was ok but there were a few difficulties along the way with some individuals. The hardest part of the job was when there was increased demand for the services. Most enjoyable part was being able to work every second weekend, with time to spare during the week and flexibility with hours.
Only worked there for a few weeks as I was relocating to the west. I found the Supervisor to be really nice. The workers there were exceptionally nice & helpful. I enjoyed my few weeks there.
everyone is friendly, even the people you wont work with like the people in the office, the work is good, its not easy and its not hard at the same time. everyone has a job and they attend to it until the day is done.
Adairs does not value its sales staff. The pay is not comparable to other retail companies. They made the greedy choice to cut penalty rates so our pay rate reduced significantly.
The sales incentives are very poor and also reduce if the entire store does not make budget. So Despite exceeding your personal budget you may only receive a tiny incentive payment. You are required to sell their loyalty program cult-like. You will receive a $10 gift card if a customer rates you 10/10 BUT ONLY if 50% of your feedback is 10/10. So if they survey 20 customers and 9 rate you 10/10 and the rest 9/10 you receive zero.

Lastly discount benefits are often less for staff than customers and only receive an extra 15% above what a customer can purchase for.

Would not recommend this job.
It’s an interesting company to work for and the product is amazing. They have a great culture but don’t pay as well as other companies/same role. There is plenty of opportunity for career advancement.
Met new people staff were great, pick packing was fun. Management had great ideas to make working more enjoyable. I learnt many skills and they had provided training for me.
Pros
game room
Cons
long hours standing
The way of supervisors treat the employees are not the best.
The skills are not there

That’s the honesty true

To much bulling from the person In charge in day shift

That kind of behaviour put the reputation of the company on the edge.
Poor work life balance and management of roles
Expected to be avaialble 24/7 no part time basis for performing staff and or consistency in staffing. All take and no give from management
Worst retail job I've ever had. Upper management treat you like a number and you'll never be praised for anything. Pay is not good considering the amount of work you're expected to do for a low level position. They don't comply with Fair Work so you won't get paid for going to meetings on your day off and you often don't get sick leave paid for weeks.
Pros
Everyone suffers together so the casuals and part timers are supportive
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, dodgy business dealings, entitled customers
I love my job at Adairs.

We have a small team of 5 people and we easily have a great time each shift. Duties around KPI's and sales targets are achievable and my manager really supports the efforts to succeed.

The pay is excellent. We are guaranteed 4-hour shifts of longer, always. We can recieve comission at the end of each month depending on the meeting of sales targets, which is an amazing bonus.

Uniform is just your own clothes, strictly black and white- so I am always comfortable and feeling confident.

I can praise this job high enough- I love it. Never leaving!
Pros
Pay, flexible hours, team environment, staff parties, staff discount (30%) and job security.
Cons
Lack of windows in stores
as a picker your literally staring at a scanner all day working in a tight spot, double handling boxes. Hardest part will be the work load on your lower back if your not careful.
Pros
Moneys decent
Cons
looking out for the workers
Terrible culture within the company especially in Upper Management. They offer you no support or advice but are quick to criticise. I have seen them mistreat a lot of hardworking individuals who have since left due to this treatment.

Very physical job as you are expected to unpack large deliveries daily while trying to serve and hit all your KPI’s. Stock levels and deliveries is a huge oh&s issue.

sale change overs are to frequent and you are expected to get it done in your own time.
Pros
Direct team (casuals and part timers) were the only reason I stayed.
Cons
Long hours. Underpaid. Bad culture. No support. Tons of pressure
Key Achievements:

• Providing highly effective staff supervision, training and rostering

• Meeting or exceeding sales targets and key performance indicators

• Ensuring a high level of work health and safety is available to all employees
As a ex store manager under paid no pay rise in 2 years doing 3 roles on a daily basis to much paperwork and expected to make your personal budget.
Staff very money hungry making their personal budgets not wanting to do task which left it to me.

Expected to merchandise the store with no training. No home work balance long hours. Sale set up taking days to set up sale change happening to often.

Incentives for management aren't great if you don't make budget every month you get nothing where staff do so you work all month for nothing.
Pros
Nice products to work with
Cons
Under paid, staff hungry for incentives
Overall the team at Adairs varies but is predominately based in the dark ages when it comes to opinions and lifestyles. Very backwards company with little to no experience on current forms of running a business and employing people who know what they’re doing. Paying people to do jobs in which they’re not trained in. E.g social media marketing.

I would skip the job adverts and look elsewhere as honestly you seek no benefit from working within this company. Not only culturally but salary wise, it’s pretty ridiculous the fluxuation in that of people working the same job titles on completely different salaries.

It’s a lot of passive aggressive fluffing about with not much work being done. Along with zero training or run through of systems and processes. I cannot even begin to start on the lack of work done in HR
Pros
Cons
In the middle of nowhere, no diversity, terrible pay, backwards
Probably just my store, but management needs an overhaul, constantly changing the rules, treating staff like children, constant backstabbing, inconsistancy
Pros
staff discount
I found Adairs to be a competitor with great standing, affordable products and training skills for there employees.

Training there staff was a factor in how they ran the business. there attention to detail with in there stores and products was always fresh and inviting
Pros
great products
Cons
team work could of been better
All staff are casual except for management. So no job security. They need to improve their induction process because it is non existent at present.Pay is terrible.
Pros
discount
Cons
no job security
I’ve worked for the company for 6 months and being a casual I have went from 20 hours a week which I was contracted for to 4-5 hours sometimes none some weeks how do they expect people to survive on that? Too many pressures from area managers focussing on your failures and no positives, no trust in higher management no respect for casuals don’t even take breaks now as I’m so worried I will lose a sale, no way to feel so much pressure when one I haven’t been trained and and two area managers not even speaking to me, disrespectful, also always fighting for sales between staff
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
No hours
Roles Included: customer service, administrative duties, dealing with external contacts (i.e. manufacturers, suppliers, delivery companies, etc.). Working with the company was rewarding and educational.