Adairs Employee Reviews

Management rule by fear, absolutely no recognition for hard work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 April 2019
Worst retail job I've ever had. Upper management treat you like a number and you'll never be praised for anything. Pay is not good considering the amount of work you're expected to do for a low level position. They don't comply with Fair Work so you won't get paid for going to meetings on your day off and you often don't get sick leave paid for weeks.
Pros
Everyone suffers together so the casuals and part timers are supportive
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, dodgy business dealings, entitled customers
Stunning Workplace with enjoyable duties and a fun team.
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  South Wharf DFO VIC5 February 2019
I love my job at Adairs.

We have a small team of 5 people and we easily have a great time each shift. Duties around KPI's and sales targets are achievable and my manager really supports the efforts to succeed.

The pay is excellent. We are guaranteed 4-hour shifts of longer, always. We can recieve comission at the end of each month depending on the meeting of sales targets, which is an amazing bonus.

Uniform is just your own clothes, strictly black and white- so I am always comfortable and feeling confident.

I can praise this job high enough- I love it. Never leaving!
Pros
Pay, flexible hours, team environment, staff parties, staff discount (30%) and job security.
Cons
Lack of windows in stores
Walk in walk out kinda job
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 January 2019
as a picker your literally staring at a scanner all day working in a tight spot, double handling boxes. Hardest part will be the work load on your lower back if your not careful.
Pros
Moneys decent
Cons
looking out for the workers
Not worth the stress and long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 January 2019
Terrible culture within the company especially in Upper Management. They offer you no support or advice but are quick to criticise. I have seen them mistreat a lot of hardworking individuals who have since left due to this treatment.

Very physical job as you are expected to unpack large deliveries daily while trying to serve and hit all your KPI’s. Stock levels and deliveries is a huge oh&s issue.

sale change overs are to frequent and you are expected to get it done in your own time.
Pros
Direct team (casuals and part timers) were the only reason I stayed.
Cons
Long hours. Underpaid. Bad culture. No support. Tons of pressure
Large Retail Provider - at it's sharpest-
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 January 2019
Key Achievements:

• Providing highly effective staff supervision, training and rostering

• Meeting or exceeding sales targets and key performance indicators

• Ensuring a high level of work health and safety is available to all employees
Not worth the time
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Scoresby VIC13 October 2018
Overall the team at Adairs varies but is predominately based in the dark ages when it comes to opinions and lifestyles. Very backwards company with little to no experience on current forms of running a business and employing people who know what they’re doing. Paying people to do jobs in which they’re not trained in. E.g social media marketing.

I would skip the job adverts and look elsewhere as honestly you seek no benefit from working within this company. Not only culturally but salary wise, it’s pretty ridiculous the fluxuation in that of people working the same job titles on completely different salaries.

It’s a lot of passive aggressive fluffing about with not much work being done. Along with zero training or run through of systems and processes. I cannot even begin to start on the lack of work done in HR
Pros
Cons
In the middle of nowhere, no diversity, terrible pay, backwards
Good trading hours
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 August 2018
Probably just my store, but management needs an overhaul, constantly changing the rules, treating staff like children, constant backstabbing, inconsistancy
Pros
staff discount
Fast pace on trend
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth australia22 July 2018
I found Adairs to be a competitor with great standing, affordable products and training skills for there employees.

Training there staff was a factor in how they ran the business. there attention to detail with in there stores and products was always fresh and inviting
Pros
great products
Cons
team work could of been better
No job security
Product entry and management (Current Employee) –  Sydney Inner Suburbs NSW24 June 2018
All staff are casual except for management. So no job security. They need to improve their induction process because it is non existent at present.Pay is terrible.
Pros
discount
Cons
no job security
Not supportive
Casual Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD10 June 2018
I’ve worked for the company for 6 months and being a casual I have went from 20 hours a week which I was contracted for to 4-5 hours sometimes none some weeks how do they expect people to survive on that? Too many pressures from area managers focussing on your failures and no positives, no trust in higher management no respect for casuals don’t even take breaks now as I’m so worried I will lose a sale, no way to feel so much pressure when one I haven’t been trained and and two area managers not even speaking to me, disrespectful, also always fighting for sales between staff
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
No hours
Working with Adairs
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Chatswood NSW23 March 2018
Roles Included: customer service, administrative duties, dealing with external contacts (i.e. manufacturers, suppliers, delivery companies, etc.). Working with the company was rewarding and educational.
productive,positive work environment, very fulfilling to go to each of these jobs and learn something new.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW12 February 2018
For each job that I have worked at I have enjoyed the fast paced environments and getting to deal with different consumers and attending their wants and needs.
By working in the retail field it has given me confidence and the ability to know what great service is all about. Retail has given me the opportunity to grow and hopefully one day work my way up to management.
In retail you will always have good and bad days the best way to deal with this is not take anything personal and keep remaining positive.
The best part of retail is getting to meet consumers of all ages and backgrounds and making that personal connection with them. Another thing I enjoyed was the team members I got to work with whom have helped me grow and become more confident in my sales ability and communicating with people.
No Team Players
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD7 February 2018
Adairs talk about being a team. But there is no team. And that starts with the area Manager who can't even say hollow to the causal as its beanth her. Staff fight with each other over the customers as they hve to make their daily sales target. Fire doors are blocked with stock so you are at risk. Your employed as a causal but are told when you can and can't take holidays. I cant find anything positive to say about this company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about Adairs
My Favourite Job to-date.
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Homebush NSW5 January 2018
I am very happy with this company as they are very flexible with hours as a casual. I love their products and the quality is perfect. Management is always friendly and approachable. The company and its workers are always smiling and very happy. I always enjoy going to work. Don't get me wrong, every workplace can get stressful at times but it's very rewarding at the end of a shift. The work itself is great if you are passionate about the product. (Which i am) I am always confident in my sales as I am very honest with customer service.
Pros
Great staff, Great management, Flexible with hours, Great product
Cons
Can be overwhelming in busy periods
faced paced in a dfo setting
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nunawading VIC18 December 2017
inbound stock from stores to the outlet, customer sales and product searches, helping and advising customers on not only the best product but how to get a good nights sleep, how to maintain their product for optimal life and use, everyday was something different, I have learned a lot about thread counts, fabrics, weaves, density and fibres and the best quilts for sleeping under (wool), the hardest part is 8 hours on your feet on the go, the most enjoyable part was the fantastic customers that came back time and again after we helped them get a good nights sleep
Pros
great discounts on already discounted items
Cons
concrete floors
Very good place to work.
Marketing and Public relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW7 December 2017
Adairs is a very good place to work with a perfect Life balance. Adair is growing but it is still small. In terms of career advancing is hard to progress.
Pros
Long vacations and compensation bonuses
Cons
opportunities to advance
specialised customer service company
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW21 September 2017
very clear directions from company on proceedures
visual merchandise standards update regulary
customer service mystery shops monthly
control of stock and ppromotions
team training
Pros
good quality products good reputation
Cons
lack of wages to complete job
Fun and Friendly Work Environment
SALES ASSISTANT - CHRISTMAS CASUAL (Former Employee) –  Gepps Cross SA18 July 2017
Adairs was a fun and friendly environemt to work in with some amazing staff and management too.
I may have only worked there over the Christmas/Holiday period but I enjoyed it very much.
friendly customers, friendly staff, very relaxed environment but extremely sales driven and pressure to make sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW22 June 2017
Very relaxed environment. Everyone is friendly and the customers who walk in are generally friendly as well. A typical day could be restocking items on the shelves while you're dealing with customers or opening boxes to scan items. The work is not too hard. Customer service is very important and you need to be able to show them that you can talk to customers. It's extremely sales oriented and there is pressure to make your budget at the end of the day and your fellow members could try and steal your sales away as it as happened to me and its very hard to say that was my sale because you want to avoid any confrontation because you're working with that person nearly every shift.
Pros
relaxed, friendly customers, work not too hard
Cons
team members stealing sales, pressure to make budget
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA28 March 2017
Nothing was good enough, because of crazy budgets everyone is cutting each others throats to get the sale no appreciation for any extra work you do, worst company I ever worked for!.
Pros
staff discounts on items
Cons
cut throat atmosphere, bad enviroment