Adairs Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Management rule by fear, absolutely no recognition for hard work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 April 2019
Worst retail job I've ever had. Upper management treat you like a number and you'll never be praised for anything. Pay is not good considering the amount of work you're expected to do for a low level position. They don't comply with Fair Work so you won't get paid for going to meetings on your day off and you often don't get sick leave paid for weeks.
Pros
Everyone suffers together so the casuals and part timers are supportive
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, dodgy business dealings, entitled customers
Stunning Workplace with enjoyable duties and a fun team.
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  South Wharf DFO VIC5 February 2019
I love my job at Adairs.

We have a small team of 5 people and we easily have a great time each shift. Duties around KPI's and sales targets are achievable and my manager really supports the efforts to succeed.

The pay is excellent. We are guaranteed 4-hour shifts of longer, always. We can recieve comission at the end of each month depending on the meeting of sales targets, which is an amazing bonus.

Uniform is just your own clothes, strictly black and white- so I am always comfortable and feeling confident.

I can praise this job high enough- I love it. Never leaving!
Pros
Pay, flexible hours, team environment, staff parties, staff discount (30%) and job security.
Cons
Lack of windows in stores
productive,positive work environment, very fulfilling to go to each of these jobs and learn something new.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW12 February 2018
For each job that I have worked at I have enjoyed the fast paced environments and getting to deal with different consumers and attending their wants and needs.
By working in the retail field it has given me confidence and the ability to know what great service is all about. Retail has given me the opportunity to grow and hopefully one day work my way up to management.
In retail you will always have good and bad days the best way to deal with this is not take anything personal and keep remaining positive.
The best part of retail is getting to meet consumers of all ages and backgrounds and making that personal connection with them. Another thing I enjoyed was the team members I got to work with whom have helped me grow and become more confident in my sales ability and communicating with people.
No Team Players
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD7 February 2018
Adairs talk about being a team. But there is no team. And that starts with the area Manager who can't even say hollow to the causal as its beanth her. Staff fight with each other over the customers as they hve to make their daily sales target. Fire doors are blocked with stock so you are at risk. Your employed as a causal but are told when you can and can't take holidays. I cant find anything positive to say about this company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about Adairs
My Favourite Job to-date.
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Homebush NSW5 January 2018
I am very happy with this company as they are very flexible with hours as a casual. I love their products and the quality is perfect. Management is always friendly and approachable. The company and its workers are always smiling and very happy. I always enjoy going to work. Don't get me wrong, every workplace can get stressful at times but it's very rewarding at the end of a shift. The work itself is great if you are passionate about the product. (Which i am) I am always confident in my sales as I am very honest with customer service.
Pros
Great staff, Great management, Flexible with hours, Great product
Cons
Can be overwhelming in busy periods
friendly customers, friendly staff, very relaxed environment but extremely sales driven and pressure to make sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW22 June 2017
Very relaxed environment. Everyone is friendly and the customers who walk in are generally friendly as well. A typical day could be restocking items on the shelves while you're dealing with customers or opening boxes to scan items. The work is not too hard. Customer service is very important and you need to be able to show them that you can talk to customers. It's extremely sales oriented and there is pressure to make your budget at the end of the day and your fellow members could try and steal your sales away as it as happened to me and its very hard to say that was my sale because you want to avoid any confrontation because you're working with that person nearly every shift.
Pros
relaxed, friendly customers, work not too hard
Cons
team members stealing sales, pressure to make budget
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA28 March 2017
Nothing was good enough, because of crazy budgets everyone is cutting each others throats to get the sale no appreciation for any extra work you do, worst company I ever worked for!.
Pros
staff discounts on items
Cons
cut throat atmosphere, bad enviroment
Poorly managed workplace. Nastiness. Bullying. Rapid turnover because of unhappiness.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nunawading VIC14 June 2016
I loved the customers but found the work place one of nastiness, backbiting and bullying. I saw decent store managers leave in sheer frustration due to the lack of support they received and that there was no one they could go to when there was a problem because there were conflicts of interest and lack of a fair and understanding person above who would look at the situation without bias. Some store managers had no idea how to manage. The huge turnover of staff speaks volumes.
Pros
Great customers, some lovely work mates
Cons
Terrible treatment of staff, rule based, no understanding, no compassion, no work life balance