Adairs Employee Review

friendly customers, friendly staff, very relaxed environment but extremely sales driven and pressure to make sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW22 June 2017
Very relaxed environment. Everyone is friendly and the customers who walk in are generally friendly as well. A typical day could be restocking items on the shelves while you're dealing with customers or opening boxes to scan items. The work is not too hard. Customer service is very important and you need to be able to show them that you can talk to customers. It's extremely sales oriented and there is pressure to make your budget at the end of the day and your fellow members could try and steal your sales away as it as happened to me and its very hard to say that was my sale because you want to avoid any confrontation because you're working with that person nearly every shift.
Pros
relaxed, friendly customers, work not too hard
Cons
team members stealing sales, pressure to make budget

Other Adairs Employee Reviews

Management rule by fear, absolutely no recognition for hard work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 April 2019
Worst retail job I've ever had. Upper management treat you like a number and you'll never be praised for anything. Pay is not good considering the amount of work you're expected to do for a low level position. They don't comply with Fair Work so you won't get paid for going to meetings on your day off and you often don't get sick leave paid for weeks.
Pros
Everyone suffers together so the casuals and part timers are supportive
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, dodgy business dealings, entitled customers
Stunning Workplace with enjoyable duties and a fun team.
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  South Wharf DFO VIC5 February 2019
I love my job at Adairs.

We have a small team of 5 people and we easily have a great time each shift. Duties around KPI's and sales targets are achievable and my manager really supports the efforts to succeed.

The pay is excellent. We are guaranteed 4-hour shifts of longer, always. We can recieve comission at the end of each month depending on the meeting of sales targets, which is an amazing bonus.

Uniform is just your own clothes, strictly black and white- so I am always comfortable and feeling confident.

I can praise this job high enough- I love it. Never leaving!
Pros
Pay, flexible hours, team environment, staff parties, staff discount (30%) and job security.
Cons
Lack of windows in stores