Adelaide City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Adelaide City Council Employee Reviews

A typical day time working in the public workplace I learned how to use all different of chemicals to clean my workplace. I learned how to ride a different type of cleaning vehicles to clean my workplace. All the workmates were very friendly and helpful.
This position was the first of many in I had in Local Government.I was the Executive Assistant to the Mayor and General Manager. This was a very demanding position, especially as I had no other Local Government training. I had to learn and adapt very quickly, I found the challenge to be very rewarding.I was fortunate in that the staff around me were fantastic and freely offered their assistance. Unfortunately due to my husbands position we had to relocate to Northern Territory.I found the role to be stressful as both the Mayor and General Manager were extremely busy and this made my job to manage them quite difficult.
Pros
First Local Government Position
Cons
Stressful position
I have enjoyed 3 years working here at ACC. My role has been very rewarding, I have broadened my knowledge of event management. The team I have worked with have been incredibly supportive and wonderful to wok with.
Pros
Variety of the role
Cons
-Working outdoors educating the public about Australian road rules. -Management always supports your decision. -Working for Acc is challenging and very rewarding.
Excellent place to work, great culture, excellent people, wide variety of work - great opportunity to make a difference Opportunity to work in a "MS 365" environment
Pros
Great culture, central location
Cons
Lack of resource
setting up of site, organise crew,operate trucks and machinery.Twenty six years experience taught me alot,got on well with fellow workers. the hardest part of the job was sometimes your experience counted for nothing, when management had other ideas about how you should go about your job.most enjoyable part of the job was the self satisfaction of the finished product.
Pros
working with a great team
Cons
if you didnt fit in the boys club life was made hard