Adidas
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Adidas Job Security & Advancement reviews

Super fun environment, my manager was awesome but assistant manager was a bit uninformed and gave conflicting tasks at times. Discount was awesome, training was paid and the clothes are truly something to vouch for. Great company, like any it has its pitfalls and cons but the pros outweigh that. It was easy to balance work and life, I felt my wage was more than just and fair. Job security as a Christmas casual stands for itself but they do keep you in the talent pool post hiring you.
Pros
Paid training, fun, decent wage, good products, awesome discounts
Cons
On your feet all day
Took a month for the store to finalise my hiring process. Which basically meant I missed out on other job opportunities while I was waiting. I found out this was a common practice for Adidas. Finally started the job really hopeful and excited to be working for a brand that I like. Quickly realised how bad the situation was at the Perth outlet store. My "training" was never officially completed which led to me being confused and never able to answer questions customers had about products. The actual amount of stock that we had at our store was so overwhelming that we could never find items that we knew we probably had, but could never physically reach it. More experienced staff would constantly comment on how the back warehouse should not be in this kind of condition. I then learnt that we were basically the dumping ground for all Adidas stock in the country. We felt completely neglected as a store. The main issue that I ran into while working here was the fact that a 2ic manager had been hired who was completely unqualified for their position. This was so blatantly obvious to everyone who worked there, that we completely ceased to work effectively as a team. This manager had no intention of helping staff or using their position to make head office know how bad the stock situation was at our location. To say that there was a divide between this manager and the rest of the staff is an understatement. Issues such as arriving late to work (staff and customers would have to wait for them to arrive as we didn't have a key), walking out of the store unannounced, arguing with customers, - more...
Pros
Discounted clothing. Sunday pay rates.
Cons
Incompetent Management. Neglected store. No job security. Toxic work environment. Slow boring days
Very good benefits and incentives, work life balance isn't promoted however. Very good sporting and healthy culture, where gym memberships and sporting events are often subsidised.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Life revolves around the job
Having worked for nearly 19 years at the one company shows in itself how much I loved working there. My roles were varied over those years and I was given every opportunity to grow and learn more through extensive training courses as required. Wonderful benefits included sporting event participation opportunities and meeting elite athletes. But the most enjoyable part of my job was working with some amazing people, and the working environment was excellent.
Pros
Progression opportunities, sporting event benefits, great culture
Fantastic opportunity to work around in different venues in uk building up customer service knowledge in the process!!!!! would recommend to others in uk.
Friendly & very open work environment. Great to talk about sports and exciting product ranges. Benefits are very good with a strong team culture. Worklife balance often needs to be looked at especially during busy Indent periods.