Advanced Sterilization Products Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace that valued input
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA22 February 2019
Day-to-day tasks are fueled by inter-departmental projects. Management ranges as each manager has a different method. Workplace culture is wonderful, I made life-long friends. Everyone works to meet deadlines and weekly managerial meetings help resolve issues quickly.
Pros
Fridays there were usually free bagels and cream cheese, activity rooms with video game consoles (with games), ping pong tables, etc. Free on-campus gym with trainers, workout classes, free weights, and weight machines.
Cons
Resistant to change in protocol at times because of bureaucratic tape, but this is usual of large companies.
ASP a Johnson & Johnson Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA21 February 2019
ASP makes a difference in peoples lives. We make quality products that impact millions of surgeries each and every year.

Our products keep people safe from healthcare associated infections.

Our products are used around the world and include terminal sterilization and high-level disinfection.
Review product complaints
Quality Manager and Product Complaints Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA30 August 2018
Review product complaint to endure meet all proper documents, technical review, root cause analysis, and product repair report.
In three years there I reviewed and closed almost ten thousand complaints and the company recognized me for the appreciation reward.
Good people poor management
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA9 August 2018
Compensation was very poor
Dont get promoted
Dont hire enough people
People were always struggling to meet their deadlines due to the things changing so much.
Enjoyed Working at ASP
Senior Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CA14 July 2018
My time spent at ASP was fun, i was in charge of the fun committee and handled escalation calls, advanced troubleshooting, clinically trained and was a Senior TSR on the floor for questions
Pros
room for growth
Cons
0 tolerance and no checks and balances
Great Environment
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA13 March 2018
Phenomenal work-life balance. Great managers in Comm Ops. On-site gym, on-site cafeteria. Working with the sales team can be challenging, but rewarding.
Excellent Company with Strong Mgt Team
Vice President, Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA1 March 2018
Strong Technology based company well funded by corporation. I grew the business from<$1M in revenue to >$500M revenue. Excellent operations management team.
positive environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA19 January 2018
Corporate office with room for growth both professionally and personally. The company has an overall desire to improve and focus on fulfilling their Mission Statement to the customers, employers, environment, and stakeholders.
Johnson&Johnson is a great company to work for.
Supply Chain Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA17 October 2017
Great working environment. I was able to hone my supply chain skills and gain priceless international business experience. My time with Advanced Sterilization Products was a great place to work and continue to learn.
Pros
Great working and learning environment
Fast paced working environment with friendly coworkers
Project Coordinator II (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA8 October 2017
ASP is a great place to work. It has flexible working hours, and great benefits. The work may be challenging and fast paced, but i enjoy a lot in achieving the goals set by upper management.
Place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA23 September 2017
Work can be difficult at times, however this is not always the case. there will be periods of little to do that will allow you to relax. However there are some good managers here and for the most part they will not bug you too much about what your doing.
I only worked there for a short amount of time as a contractor.
Quality Systems Auditor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA6 September 2017
I only worked there for a short amount of time as a contractor. They were nice people but the organization was large and thus felt very silo'd. Maybe it was just my position.
They do not value hard work
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brea, CA19 May 2017
I started working here and quickly was taught more and more due to my quick learning skills. I excelled over many of my co workers. However I was never rewarded for my work, no raises, no job advancement, and I found out I was getting payed significantly less than other male co workers, who were doing less work than I was, and were hired many months after I was.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, no job advancement, unfair pay
Loved my job. Best part - the people and customers
Sales Representative/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA21 March 2017
Good company. Good people. Challenging and professionally developmental - the two positions I held during my time there were perfect for me. One never stops learning and self improving. This company provided me opportunities for these goals throughout my daily activities.
Pros
Great benefits. Great people
Good company with a great parent company.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TX17 January 2017
Had a wonderful experience with ASP and all of the people I worked with. High character and very numbers driven sales staff that is always available to help.
Stressful but rewarding at times..
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA1 December 2016
Like most places, what makes or breaks ASP is who you work for. Some departments have great managers/directors and others not so much. Generally everyone here is friendly. Working with other departments can be a pain unless you know the right channels to go through. If you're a motivated individual you can succeed here, but be prepared to put in the hours.

It's gotten a more corporate feel over the years which some of the older employees dislike. The middle managers have the majority of power. Directors and VPs will often rotate hands but that's the corporate norm... and be prepared to be in meetings 50% of the day.
Pros
Good Benefits, Pay is competitive, Good commute
Cons
Stressful, Corporate culture, politics between managers
J&J Division that does not Walk the Talk
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA14 November 2016
The J&J Credo is the best that I have ever seen. However, ASP chants it in public but then goes to work and seems to forget that it ever existed. I've seen co-workers verbally abused to the point of tears by managers. Behavior that in other companies would put the manager in HR picking up his pink slip. The company is driven by schedules and management bonuses. The engineers could produce some terrific products if given the time and resources. But management is not very good at planning projects and makes the engineers cut corners on everything when the schedule falls behind.

The company is always trying the latest industry fads and fashions. There are some great benefits and good job security. (saw a guy get caught stealing a co-workers iPhone and just got a slap on the hand). They are into the 'open-office' layout, only offices for VPs, everyone else is on a first-come, first-get work station policy. Makes people get to work on time. Come in late and who knows where you get to sit. Everyone has a locker just like high school for your personal items. Many of the workers seem to like this arrangement but I think it is highly inefficient.
So, overall ASP can be a great place to work for college grads and entry level positions. But if you are old school, this is may not be the ideal place for you.
Pros
Free Bagels on Wednesdays, New remodeled facility, good benefits, lots of training opportunities
Cons
Management ethics and morals not in line with Corp. J&J
Ecellent Medical Device Company
Advanced Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA25 August 2016
Great products serving all communities. 8-10 hours per day. Excellent working relationship with engineering personnel as well as Suppliers and executives.
Pros
Positive Environment
Problem solving
Contract Electrical Engineer, Johnson & Johnson (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA29 July 2016
During normal manufacturing, problems occur weekly. Solutions could be hours to weeks. Sources were technical installation, manufactures mistakes and component specification changes.
Pros
Assembler was informative
Cons
Cable wiring was incorrect
International company
Zero Chaos - Contract employee (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA12 July 2016
Fun, fast paced company. Wear many hats coordinating meetings with various suppliers, divisions and time zones. Travel about 20% of the time. Worked on many projects coordinating new product role out, work load distribution and team collaboration.

Most difficult; was language barriers with some international divisions,

Most enjoyable; everyday was filled with new learning experiences
Pros
Fast pace, always learning
Cons
not enough hours in the day