Afea Care Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Afea Care Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
Afea Care Services selected this as a representative review
AFEA is a wonderful company to work for: they are understanding, consistent, and friendly. It's a nourishing Environment and culture to work in, refreshing and delightful. Freedom of choice, and considerate managers.
Pros
Cooperative, friendly, supportive
Cons
I will tell you when I come across one.
Afea is an amazing place to work.Very supporting team and very understanding management. Lots of oppertunities and they keep coming as the company is growing fast. There is always something for the right candidate as per their aspirations. Management is very kind and appreciate the efforts .Have rewards programs and employees going above an dbeyond are always identified and rewarded. This is a place to look for someone that is looking for a very inclusive workplace culture and as a hunger for personal and professional growth. There is always an oppertunity for and oppertunities are created for the right skills and knowledge.
Pros
Supportive Team, everyone including management is very caring of each other and collegues.
One of the things that I think sets Afea apart is the active involvement the management has in all areas of the business. The CEOs and managers are part of the culture and they are supportive in both good or difficult moments. This is evident in the way they handle complex situations, taking into consideration both information given to them as well as their own observations. It is a fast pace environment but there are learning opportunities and room for career growth. Company culture is friendly and there are events planned where you can enjoy a good laugh, meditation, Bollywood dancing or an amazing race! Finally but most importantly there is real empathy and compassion for our clients and care and appreciation for our carers and staff
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough training for carers
A positive organizational culture is key to felling motivated and inspired at work. I love the team bonding activities, birthday celebrations and team celebration at Afea. Afea has a very light hearted atmosphere that encourage me to go to work everyday. I thoroughly enjoy working with my coworkers. Everyday is different and it means I am always learning. I enjoy being appreciated for my work. We work as a team to help the vulnerable people in our community and in return it makes me feel good about myself and what I do for others.
Staff are very friendly. Company culture is warm and welcoming, so as management. Happy to provide suitable training to staff and encourage continuous improvement.
Working with Afea is a wonderful experience in my life. All employees are very co-operative and voluntarily offer help if you need any assistance. Management is really nice and always make sure everybody is looked after well. We all work as a team and enjoy what we do everyday.
Pros
Good Team Work
There is no other place I’d rather be than working at Afea Care Services, a company where individual differences are nurtured and employees are valued. Work itself is intrinsically rewarding.
Afea has by far been my most accepting workplace in my career thus far. All staff here are encourgaing and are always there to help. It is so rewarding to work here as you are helping people in their day to day lives which makes you go home knowing that you have made an impact with people who really need you.
Everyone is friendly and supportive, energetic and encouraging and mostly having great sense of humour making stressful situations lighter and bearable. Overall the culture is amazing -- everyone supports each other and having great mentors who are always generous in sharing their time, learnings and feedback. It is a completely open culture where everyone is encouraged to share their feedback, thoughts and opinions respectfully, cultivating collective creativity and collective responsibility towards achieving ongoing growth and success. The office is a carefully thought out open plan space allowing everyone to interact and collaborate with each other. I love that it's all glass windows surrounding the office allowing so much natural light into the office and giving us magnificent views of greenery and beautiful sunsets at the end of the day.
Pros
Great office space, friendly and supportive people, generous managers/mentors
Although I have not worked here long, I have enjoyed it very much so far. The people of AFEA have been very welcoming and friendly since the first day. This is an organisation that celebrates culture, diversity and shares a strong passion for the well being of the people in our community. They encourage their employees to always learn, develop and strive to be their best selves. It is evident that this organisation has a big heart behind it and as this company continues to grow, the love and compassion continues to spread in this country. I, myself have already seen a change in my personal growth as I now have a new understanding of this industry that I wouldn’t have in such depth without working here. I am proud to work for this company and look forward to seeing what their future holds.
I started as a Care Coordinator with Afea. After a few months, understanding that I love to learn about new things and challenging myself in new positions, Afea gave me an opportunity to try a new role, Plan Coordinator, in Plan Management team. I never stop learning here and all my questions have been answered in details by the managers. I am loving it. And my colleagues are helpful and supportive.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
Nothing that I can think of at the moment
We called ourselves here as “Afeans” and “the Afea Tribe”. Just like a tribe, the teams are always supporting each other and standing together, whilst helping our communities. The efforts and achievement of the individuals and teams are recognized and celebrated! Also, the company is maintaining excellent cultural diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. In short, great place to work!
Pros
Diversity and inclusiveness, supportive team, reward and recognition program
There is always room to grow into new opportunities and learn new skills. The leadership team are very open and encourage collaboration. There are regular team bonding activities and mindfulness sessions and a free EAP for employees.
Pros
Fun place to work, nice office
I feel this is the place of Good Team Activities and the same time individual performing platform. I appreciated all the key people and supervisors for there continue supports and development initiative for nursing healthy workers and improving a good working atmosphere.
I enjoy so much to work as a Carer with AFEA, my days are always productive and I try to learn always more and more with the clients. I love what I do and AFEA evermore supportive. The most enjoyable part os the job is when I finish the shift and the client says thank you very much see you next week!
Great environment, really understanding coordinators receive calls to work hardest part is saying no to a job but you have to love meeting new people was given opportunities to learn more
Great culture that's fun, innovative and a strong focus on wellbeing. Fantastic opportunities for someone who wants to advance in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
Didn't receive much shifts even though I had repeatedly asked for more shifts. On the other hand, they were flexible and the computer system was user friendly for staff to use.
Stressful environment, difficult to create a good one because of the management and senior staff. Talented people but undervalued. Long hours. Job culture not followed.
Pros
Ongoing work
Cons
Job environment, workload
i enjoyed workig with afea, because they have great workplace culture nd good management. i also learned new things as well as working with client in different diversity.
the case managers were great in allocating work to their workers but enough hours were not given.It was the responsibility of the support worker ,to go to the client's home and do their work allocated and made sure their timesheet was signed after work.
Pros
dinner with the ceo
Cons
short working hours
  1. Employee Reviews