Affinity Education Group Employee Reviews

A very disappointing experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD31 December 2018
Started working at Affinity due to the wonderful philosophy of the manager. After the manager changed, so did the culture at the centre. High staff turnover and occupancy halved. Profit was their primary concern rather than the education and care of the children. HR need to listen to the concerns of staff on the floor rather than managers who can talk the talk
Pros
The vision of Affinity Educatin Group is inspiring
Cons
Their vision is not possible when profit comes first
Very Pleasant
Junior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 December 2018
My Time at Affinity was fruitful and enjoyable. My coworkers were all hardworking and driven individuals. My boss and surrounding work environment were both challenging and rewarding, getting the best out of me.
Drives well-running centres downhill faster than you can blink
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Artarmon NSW10 December 2018
I worked under these guys for a year and honestly if it weren't for the staff i formed close friendships with and some parents and kids i would have left a long time ago. They never invested resources into the center, never treated staff members fairly and budgets were horrible. In the first year of changeover there were many talks of resources but never happened. Was promised to be paid my time off in lieu at the start then it disappeared. Ive never worked with a company as ill-run as Affinity. If you want to work with a place that doesnt pay properly and manipulates and bullies staff to get them to do what they want go for it. Worst company ever.
Pros
What pros?
Terrible
Assistant Educator (Former Employee) –  Kilsyth VIC27 July 2018
Terrible place to work. Workplace bullying, often by management, Poor facilities, paid improperly. No support from management, Unclean, Extremely high turnover rate.
Cons
Pay errors, Staff bullies, poor management
Good team of people to work with.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane CBD11 June 2018
The people were great to work with.

The educators at the centres were passionate about there roles and were always there for the love of the job.

Head office team were hard working and supportive in every way.
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Parking
Compromising
Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 March 2018
I would not suggest to work here if you are passionate about early childhood education. There values state they put the fun into education but they suck it out of their educators and centre management. They will compromise the nqs. If you say something they will push hard until you move on. You must be a yes person
Cons
Long long hours
Over worked and unappreciated.
Child care group leader (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT3 November 2017
This company is purely driven by money. The lack of care and thought they have for their staff that work in their centres is appalling. Overworked and unappreciated! staff working higher duties and not being paid for it, understaffing centres and low maintenance when it comes to gardening and damage to the structure. I gave the company a second chance by moving interstate but its exactly the same. Affinity manages to make millions but puts nothing into their centres, resources and centres are run down and expected to be filled. Centre managers are overworked and basically used for every job whilst still being expected to do their office job and be on the floor. Area managers are constantly changing and staff are continually quitting.
Pros
ziltch
Cons
Affinity education is a con!
If you do not fit into their mould of yes sir no sir don't apply
Educator (Former Employee) –  Queensland19 April 2017
this company only looks after their upper management, They do not like to spend money on centres that are not in their special selection.

Their HR team are very unprofessional. They will sell your centre without telling you.

were good to work for before they decided to get too big too fast and then crapped themselves at the mess they got into and then had to be saved by Anchorage....whom if you researched are even less to be desired to work for.
Pros
if you suck up and not say anything and become a yes person then this is the company for you
Cons
do not care if you put in 12 hr days. No PD. Strips budgets to a minium
Unforgettable
Assistant Educator (Former Employee) –  Middle Swan WA11 December 2016
Worked as a casual and never again!!! I was given only 3-6pm shifts and after roster was given my hours would get cut. Ver unprofessional director and assistant director. No support given by directors and I was supposed to know what to do. They need to train staff and give a proper orientation week. Managers treated staff badly and talked about staff negatively while in another room. Some staff still came to work hungover and/or still drunk. If you were part of the original staff you were treated well. There were a few lovely staff there and I was happy to work with them.
Pros
Free cert 3 books
Cons
Unpaid staff meetings and limited work hours
Where autonomy and innovation are paramount
Time Management Project Training & Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 November 2016
Affinity employees experts in required field. Human resources are just that, a resource. A resource is used when required and discarded when no longer required.
The culture is very autonomous and innovative. It is a great place to work if you like contract work (which I do). It is fast moving, ever changing and dynamic.
If job security is important to you then this is not the place for you.
If autonomy, flexible work-life, and organisational change on a daily basis is interesting to you then AEG is the place for you.
I really liked working here, and I enjoyed the fast-pace and different tasks every day.
If you set a target you are expected to reach it, and the could include long hours, but on the other hand if you can catch a break you can extend your lunch hour or leave early. As long as you get the project work completed, and everything you need to do is done before your leave then it is up to you how you spend your time. The culture of autonomy, innovation and meeting your targets is all up to you to achieve.
Pros
Autonomous, dynamic and innovative
Cons
Human resources are treated as resources
Great team environment
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 September 2016
Great company who support and grow their employees. Professional development is big in the centres. Head Office is a friendly environment just about supporting the centres
Limited staffing arrangements, no room for advancement within the company.
Children's Services Employee (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA22 July 2015
Unfortunately the service I work in, owned by Affinity Education, has become only about money and not best quality service and staff to child ratios. Constantly shuffling staff to maintain ratios leaving us always under the pump. No opportunities for up-skilling available or advancing in careers with in the service.
No longer an Oshc coordinator position available so the 2 floor staff have to take on the role with no extra time or money. Very unprofessional system.
Cons
No benefits or incentives for staff paying for own children in the service.
Young company still establishing place in the industry
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, Queensland28 June 2015
There was a lot of learning occurring and the organization was still finding their feet. There was a difference in philosophy between the organization and myself, leading me to seek work elsewhere.