Aftercare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Aftercare Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews
Gives people a chance
I am very big on having opportunity and fair go at work place environments. Aftercare gives me opportunity to learn and grow as a person in my role. It taught me a lot about mental health and the team mates are supportive which is what you want in a team.
A place you can stay until your retire.
I love Aftercare what can I say. I loved my job of supporting people living with sever and complex mental health conditions. I just became frustrated in being 'stuck' in the same role and although there was help offered it was always in the distance. I had planned to stay with Aftercare as I love their values and ideas but we all need to grow and become the person we know we can be.
Pros
permanent positions
Cons
growth
Good Workplace
Good workplace with supportive management and good work/life balance. Enjoyable role, good support to learn and participate in program implementation.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
None.
great place to learn
Met a variety of clients with mental health issues. Learnt how to manage a variety of situations and individuals. Management was informative and encouraging. workplace culture was like a family atmosphere. everyone helped out.
Pros
Having the difficult clients thank you for helping them.
Cons
sometimes you have really difficult clients to work with.
having fun with clients
planning activities in our own
they respecting each and every persons cultural aspects

very flexibility

they providing very easy jobs

they understands our situation whenever we need day off
Pros
travel allowance
Cons
sometimes not enough hours
Great Work Culture
I've worked in Aftercare for 3+ years now and have been impressed by the workplace culture, and senior management. I've worked over multiple sites and have had great opportunities to advance into different roles.

I have been able to travel, work with mentors and develop clinical skills in a supportive environment.

The team culture is something I really value - everyone I've worked with has been hard working, honest and able to chat to.
Far from a good place to work
I worked for Aftercare for several years. It was the worst place I have ever worked. I have never been in such a unsupportive work place. Everyone was out for themselves and nepotism and favouritism was everywhere. The CEO left recently so perhaps the organisation can improve but definitely a lot of work to do, terrible work culture.
Pros
good if you are unqualified and lazy
Cons
terrible work culture and alot of bullying going on
Beyond awful
Worst working experience of my life. The less you care, the more the management like you. Inexperienced management who do not care about the clients. They just do mental health so probably won't survive the ndis, which is possibly a good thing.
Pros
Nothing springs to mind
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aftercare?
Appalling
Clients: great
Other workers: unmotivated

Management: Beyond terrible

Bullying of staff is rife. Clients come last. Nepotism and favoritism is everywhere in management. No communication at all between management and staff. Extremely low staff morale.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Intimidation by management
great working condition: flex hours, time in lieu monthly day off
Aftercare provides a GREAT working environment: you can work your hours flexibly (I am never there past 5, often leave at 4.30 by starting earlier). You can in this way get an extra time in lieu day every month. There is leave loading too.
Every staff member is on a 12 month contract, this is because of the way aftercare is funded. In general, if you do a decent job then your contract will role over, year to year.
Pros
flexible working hours, 17.5% leave loading, day in lieu every month, relaxed culture
Cons
12 month fixed contract
Dire
Aftercare as the lead agency for Ipswich Headspace is TERRIBLE. There are long standing management and staffing issues, a history of staff bullying, financial problems, little or no regard from senior management to front line staff.
Pros
front line staff are good
Cons
management is the worst I have ever worked under
appalling
Management is appalling. Serious ethical issues could be identified. Significantly high staff turnover.
Pros
Na
Cons
Poor management, staff turnover, no support, ethical issues, not client-centred practice
It wasnt the best place
I felt most times you were doing more paper work then looking after people. They come first and their needs. But overall I learnt a lot and im grateful for everything I got positive from this job and wish everyone the best.
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Long hours to much papaer work and hardly any one on one.