AGL Energy

AGL Energy Employee Reviews

Australia51 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

good people low pay bad upper management

good people low pay bad upper management given whats happened in the last couple of months lost alot of talent due to uncertainty and pay has been low for the last couple of years - thankfully WFH options are better than most places

Excellent place to have a career

Good Opportunities, nice location, flexible work conditions, nice environment, easy going people, beautiful offices. The Melbourne office has a great cafe downstairs too.

toxic horrible workplace

Terrible management, no consideration for employees. They will break you down emotionally by putting more and more pressure on you until you resign. No regard for mental health. Centre manager the worst I've dealt with in my working life.

Pros

pay is ok for a call centre

Cons

micromanaged time, toxic environment

Lovely experience

Great effort experience for a newcomer like me...they welcome you on board but no proper training is thereSalary is good that is the main motivation as for promotions there is a lot of politics involved

Fun work place

Very achievable KPIs team leaders who listen and help you work towards your goals. Occasional food days. Cheap energy plans, on-site parking. Hcwidjucheuvwycd Yuji uiyg iodijs,w

If you are looking to have a mental breakdown- Apply!

AGL was the most toxic employer I have ever worked for.The company does not care about there employees health and you regularly see people crying or having panic attacks at work.The KPIs are completely unachievable and they recently increased the sales KPI while also changing they rules of what counts as a sale because they simply do not want to pay commission.Mental health leave is regularly ignored or swept under the rug and while management will tell you that they care about your well-being the only thing that truely matters to them is the bottom line.If you are looking to apply, please don’t. I have watched the company take wonderful, bright and bubbly people and turn them into a hollow shell of themselves within months.

Bad management, bad systems

If anything goes wrong, they blame it on the people, not the systems. Old school management, not people focus, no money spent on maintenance, terrible systems.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Management, systems, people blame

its good workplace

good place to work We've taken AGL's plans for each state and given an overview of electricity and gas, including annual bill estimates.AGL also has a few rewards and incentives on some of their plans that you might be able to claim:Seniors in some states get access to special Seniors plans with slightly lower rates and extra rewards (e.g. energy credits)All customers get access to AGL Rewards, a loyalty program where you can access deals and discounts on shopping, food, and other experiences

Fleixble culture with supporting leadership

Agl is a great place to work, the environment is inclusive and the pay is generally above standards. Management are supporting although a lot of functional areas in the business make it difficult to get projects up and running.

Pros

Fleixble working and leave entitlements

Cons

Complacency

Muppets running a states power generator

Dead wood management who should have been cleared with the purchase of the power stations. Huge misogynistic boys club and need to forget everything you have learnt, and work on having no gag reflex so you can climb the ladder quickly to get paid a huge amount to do nothing

Pros

The drive home

Cons

Everything else

Would not recommend to anyone I care about

Dynamic working environment, good people.Workplace culture deteriorated markedly based on fear and intimidation. Constant restructuring - people just disappeared without any comms.

Pros

Good salary, supportive team mates, flexible working arrangements

Cons

Not safe to speak up or voice your opinion

Don't recommend

Basically bums on seats, I worked for my probation and then resigned.I don't think customers are put first, calls are recorded but quality of calls was via customers entering Ina survey number at end of the call. What this means is a staff member can say all the right things and not follow through. Id estimate a third of calls where people calling back upset that things haven't been done.the culture was terrible, management not supportive and would literally have photo slide shows up on screens of themselves.in 6 months I had 1x sick day, was taken into a room W manager and grilled.

Pros

The IT systems where good

Cons

Culture and egocentric managers

Excellent Team environment

Management is very approachable and very organised place to work. Very transparent workplace. Virtual meetings for 15 minutes every morning. Excellent team environment. Staff are ery helpful, friendly and approachable.

Pros

Excellent Team environment

Cons

Expectations are very high

Productive and fantastic culture

Great to work within a team that works collaboratively with other teams and have the ability to see your progress in a open manner. Team leaders promote innovation and happy to take on board any kind of efficient strategies most time.

Pros

Lots of goodies during the day...

Cons

Tight schedule for some projects which means long hours sometimes

It provides a balance of site and office work. There is variety in the problems that need to be solved. It provide a framework for managing goals but offers limited career progression.

Pros

Collaborative environment

Cons

Lots of remote bush travel

Good enough

As far as call centres go, AGL was decent. The training was good, but the development over time was very much dependent on the team leader. Targets were reasonable.

Bullying and Harassment culture

I started my job with AGL around couple of years ago. At the beginning, it was a welcoming culture, with a collaborative team. After a few months, the structure was changed and a new Project Manager came on board, starting the Power and dominance game. Valuable team members were replaced with his mates. I also got bullied on various occasions, and finally dismissed. Important to note that, I brought a great value to AGL with 90% improvement in its Project delivery process!. Australia ranks 6th in WORKPLACE BULLYING among 53 OECD countries, and my experience was vividly reflective of this reality.

Pros

Slightly higher salary

Cons

Bullying and harassment culture

Great atmosphere

AGL provides me a great opportunity to learn and develop in a supportive culture, a great package was offered and the opportunity to provide feedback was available on a regular basis

Great caring place with focus on safety and diversity

AGL overall is a company focused on safety, diversity and customer centricity. With such a large organisation, there are of course different pockets and departments that have different cultures.

Pros

Flex Working, Extra Leave

Cons

old command and control structures in some areas, too many middle aged white men in charge - lacking diversity especially in IT

Contract role

Supportive team environment (DCOE), no major "office politics" at my level (non-executive, non-management), casual dress code, excellent work/life balance, and interesting programs of work (with some initiatives popping up in the green / renewables space). Some issues common with working at a large corp, but nothing surprising if you've worked for large corps before.

It was a great work life balance

AGL in general had a satisfactory environment of workers and team leaders. The training suited the sales team and everyone was successful from time to time. Everyone I know liked working at AGL

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGL Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare AGL Energy with