AGL Energy Employee Reviews

The people make the job, and your collegues are fantastic!
Customer Resolutions (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC21 February 2019
Interesting job, to say the least. Customer focus does not appear to be a strong point, rather sales and payments. Management far to numbers orientated. Trying to get people to get off the phone as fast as possible whether the issue is resolved or not, which tends to cause more problems. Dealing with irrate customers can be hard, especially when you cannot do anything to help them.

Team managers are brilliant, and will always do their utmost to help you with work/life balance.

I've always said the people make the job, and my collegues were some of the best i've ever worked with.
Pros
Great team environment, after work events, at work events, Playstation and arcade machines in the break out rooms.
Cons
KPI's are not realistic in my opinion, upper management very numbers orientated, shifts rotate a lot.
Bullying, toxic and overall terrible work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 January 2019
I’ve heard that it is quite nice to work at AGL; just not in Customer Solutions. If you feel like you peaked in high school, love bullying and asserting authority over others, do I have a job for you!
Here’s my review:
-Manipulative tactics used by management to push you to achieve their unrealistic targets.
-No respect for work/life balance and mental well-being.
-Little to no regard for customer experience. Forcing agents to close off work prematurely/end calls as quickly as possible and focus only on sales and payment opportunities.
-Overall negative attitude in response to any feedback provided by agents. Reminded time and time again that our role was not to question or push back on any work assigned. “trust the process”
-No action taken to remedy the high levels of stress and pressure placed upon agents and team leaders.
-Toxic work culture filled with gossip and rumours that ruin reputations.
-Job opportunities are based on whether your leader supports you. If you have problems with your leader, they may refuse to support you. This may be because they only want to support people who will make them look good. Management forcefully block other departments from taking from ‘their’ pool of employees.
-Forcing tenured agents to forgo their long service leave by trying to make them take career breaks. Firing employees who are days away from their long service leave entitlements.
-Boasting about a flexible work environment, but making it virtually impossible for anyone to actually utilise this. Students’ exam periods and placement periods are fought. Agents with
  more... medical issues that prevent a full time roster are forced to resign through constant pressure and degradation.

All in all, if you want to get a job at AGL, do not work in their contact centre or with customer solutions!
Pros
Sometimes they have fun workplace events
Cons
Your soul being crushed.
Good conditions and opportunities.
Former Supervision and P&Culture Roles (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA27 February 2018
High focus on safety.
Opportunities to develop for those motivated and willing to embrace change.
I moved across many roles as opportunities presented.
General skilled through to Trade, People and Culture roles and Supervisory roles.
Well paid along with good conditions.
Generally worked with good people.
Pros
Good people and variety of opportunities
Cons
Power station I worked in was shrinking due to old age/currency
productive with constant update training
Client Billing Consultant (Distribution) (Former Employee) –  Blackburn VIC14 January 2018
A typical day was task completion, meetings and training. Learned how to delegate work tasks within a team and ensure all tasks were prioritized. Management always listened to ideas and gave team members the opportunity to feel comfortable to approach ideas and problem solutions when necessary. Always a happy and easy to work for culture. The hardest part of the job was training members that would not show interest in learning. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know team members and clients having a professional approach however at the same time having the great easy going communication to ensure all work completed and to the clients satisfaction.
Pros
located close to home
Cons
juggling the work load as well as train others
They own you - contact centre
Resolutions specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 November 2017
They pay pretty well but then you must obey!!

All they care about is the business. You are not a person you are a possession.

Management love to micro manage

All the managers speak like politicians, they use there sales technics on you.

Don't call in sick - you will be considered a liar straight away, and you will be interrogated on the phone and then in person in a little office.

Being in hospital is no excuse.

The business is first priority

"Sounds like you're putting yourself before the business" says James senior manager

If you need some money, do the excessively long training then quit. Don't stay a moment longer
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Contract role
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 August 2017
It's a decent enough place to work if you just want to get the job done and be compensated adequately as a contractor. I can't comment on what it's like a permanent who wants to climb the corporate ladder.
Official response from AGL Energy
5 October 2017

Thank you for sharing this feedback of your time with us! We have a number of contractors working for AGL on a regular basis and these sort of opportunities do not go unnoticed. Cheers, Jordan

challenging but rewarding
Community Relations and Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  AGL Energy North Sydney12 February 2017
working in a great organisation, great leadership, and a fantatsic people culture. great rewarding opportunities to build on your chosen career
Great talent, energy benefits
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 June 2016
I have worked across two different teams during which I developed my SQL and Unica skills and gained experience across all Marketing functions
Pros
Development
Cons
Unable to retain talent
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Eastwood SA26 March 2016
Answering inbound calls from existing AGL customers assisting with payment extensions, billing enquiries and solar enquiries.

Target-based role, in which I have succeeded in every metric expected of me; including Average Handling Time, Compliance/Quality of Call, and Sales.

Have been utilized in a side-by-side Mentoring role, in a position where I give feedback and mentor new consultants during their initial period of call taking.
Pros
Employee engagment, ongoing coaching sessions to clear up any skill gaps and developmental opportunities.
Cons
Job role not challenging enough for myself.
Great company to work for !!!!!!!!
Corporate Executive Chef / Event Stylist (Former Employee) –  Miller Street Sydney31 January 2016
I am most grateful to for a great Career & my Achievements , I gained throughout my 26years and 2months employed with AGL Energy Limited. unfortunately for me , with a major infrastructure, my role was made redundant . I LOVED my work with PASSION, my day was full in more ways than one, however for me , it did not feel like work , its because I LOVED WHAT I WAS DOING , providing a service of high standard and quality at all times, to the CEO/MD , BOARD OD DIRECTORS , EXECUTIVE TEAM AND VIP GUEST the list goes on ,
I LOVE AND MISS my co-workers , which some of their roles were made redundant too. I love a challenge, each day and week was a challenge , which I love , the most enjoyable part of my job , Accomplishing my daily goals and challenges , = JOB SATISFACTION!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
great benifts and training with courses on a yearly basics
Cons
Nil !!!!!!!!!!
Agl
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Adelaide, SA9 December 2015
AGL is a lovely place to work, everyone is always happy and the call centre environment is a blast!
My manager is great
Hardest part is nothing
enjoyable is everything
co-workers are okay
Productive place to work with excellent work/life balance.
Personal Assistant to two General Managers (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Australia16 October 2015
A typical day will have varied tasks and challenges. Starting day with checking emails and voice messages, then collecting and distributing mail. Actioning urgent items form 'To do List' prepared at the end of the previous day. Then actioning other work from Manager and staff. Processing invoices and expenses for staff. Helping with letter processing and other work as it come my way. End of the day, I will update my 'To do List' and have it ready for the following day. If there is nothing urgent to attend to, I will leave office for the day.

I have learned heaps by working in this amazing Retail Energy Company, Australia's 2nd biggest Energy Company. Managing complex diaries in outlook, correspondence and email processing and managing, booking flights, organising meetings and events, preparing powerpoint presentations and managing expenses for employees. Processing invoices and reconciling credit card statements for myself and managers and team members. I have learnt stakeholder management and organising official functions and off site conferences for staff and team engagement events.

My co-workers have been very understanding and a pleasure to work with and I believe they will say the same about me.

The hardest part of the job was trying to coordinate tasks when staff is located in different states.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting deadlines, delivering what I promise and as a result making my bosses look good. Achievement and appreciation of my work.
Pros
25% discount on Gas and Electricity bills
Cons
Travel to the City of Melbourne
Hard work but rewarding.
Senior Gas Plant Operator at H.C (Former Employee) –  Kurnell Sydney5 August 2015
Enjoyable place to work, completed many courses as part of my training. My co workers were always helpful and friendly and made working there a pleasure. The job was quite stressful at times but the training and assistance needed when things became pressurised was sufficient to cope with all of the situations that arrived.
Pros
Proximity to home. Good friemds.
Cons
12 hr shifts night and day take getting used to.
the pay is good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  eastwood14 June 2015
 Achieving Targets; sales AHT and after call work
 Handling customer enquiries and complaints
 Following call flow and scripting
 Intermediate computer skills
 Able to work with in a close-knit team
 Responding to high-volume incoming calls
 Responding to customers online inquiries
 Maintain professionalism when dealing with difficult cases.
 Following up with required work
 Opened minded and willing to learn new systems and procedures
Your a number not a person
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eastwood, SA10 May 2015
At AGL its all about the numbers and you are not treated like a person. If you don't hit your monthly targets they will look at getting rid of you. Be prepared to not get your bonuses as they will always have an excuse to not give them.
veery day is a new learning day for me because of the fact that i have to meet a new business client every day and i have to 100% to convert him
Business Development Manger (Current Employee) –  sydney , A ustralia6 April 2015
to start with i have to take the meeting of all the executives provide them the allocation and the list the clients to meet .after that i have to motivate them to overachieve the targets or KPI'S set by the company on weekly basis . the most enjoyable part of the job was everyone in my team was his own boss and at the end of the day he decides how much his pay check should be.
Pros
good pay checks
Cons
stress
Target focused with great team environment
MultiSite Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC2 April 2015
I managed the preparation of tenders and campaigns for the procurement of high end customers, contracts administration, networking with internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining high levels of data integrity. Firm deadlines were expected and met under constant pressure, and with minimal or no supervision.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unpaid Overtime
Challenging, rewarding with great opportunities.
Customer Advocacy Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Spencer street Melbourne Vic26 January 2015
Managing and allocating work to team.
The ability to investigate and reslove compex complaints.
Flexible and Motivating.
Resilient and supportive.
Constant high volumes of complaints.
Interstate travel, liasing with the Energy and Water Ombudsman in Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales in resolving high complex complaints.
Pros
Interstate travel
Cons
Great place to work, fantastic environment
Process and Exception Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City18 January 2015
Loved working at the company, due to restructure moving on to new and exciting adventures. Love the people I worked with this would be the hardest part about leaving the company.
Pros
corporate massages
Cons
City Location
Good Crew to work with
Consultant / Lead Superintendent (Client) (Former Employee) –  Silver Springs & Wallimbilla QLD20 December 2014
Supervision of Surveyors, Pipeline, civil, piping, valves, supports & general steelwork and equipment alignments, hydro testing & Pigging of pipe lines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGL Energy. Our community is ready to answer.