ahs hospitality

ahs hospitality Employee Reviews

Australia73 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Low pay low hours

Very low pay, with very small hours to do 25+ rooms. Management is quite stressful and always telling you different things. The stress not worth the low pay.

19 January 2023
Hello, thanks for your constructive feedback regarding wages and management. Please know that we are guided by the Hospitality Industry General Award and pay in accordance with this based on the terms outlined by the Government. You would also know that we have our internal hotline “ahs4us” where we encourage all our employees to call and raise any workplaces concerns taking place, so our teams are aware and can be of support. If you would like us to walk you through the industry awards entitlement (rates per hour) we would love to discuss further so please reach out to contactus@ahshospitality.com.au with your name and contact details so that we can call you. Thanks again for your review – we greatly appreciate it and we wish you all the best in your career.

The management isn't good enough

No problem in the workplace, just the management is not good. They are not professional on handling their employees. They keep on hiring eventhough they have lots of staff already

18 January 2023
Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we’re sorry to hear you’re unhappy with how staffing is being managed. We increase recruitment in the lead up to the Christmas holiday period and then assess recruitment needs by location throughout the year. We would like to understand more about your experience if you can please email us at contactus@ahshospitality.com.au as we would like to investigate this further. Thanks again for your review.

ahs hospitality insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Poor management and awful communication

They canceled all my shifts for three weeks without saying me if I still working with them, the management and the communication skills of the supervisor are very poor and unprofessional, no further information given, if they don’t need your services they will cancel all your shifts without previous notification only for work as “casual”

Cons

it is not a stable job

11 January 2023
Hello, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. This level of communication you’re describing is not to the standard we expect as we want all our team members to have a good experience throughout their career journeys with ahs hospitality. We take these matters seriously which is why we have our internal hotline “ahs4us” where we encourage all our employees to call and raise any workplaces concerns taking place, so our teams are aware and can be of support. Can you please also get in touch with your local HR contact and provide further information. We will do our best to make this situation better. Thanks again for your review.

Productive and fast paced work

Have fun doing this job learning good and all employees and other staff so friendly.The other thing is that company going good towards employees giving them chance of best version of yourself.

Pros

Collaborate

21 December 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write up an excellent review here at ahs hospitality. We're glad you're having a positive experience with us and learning on the job! We take pride in developing our employees so they are armed with the knowledge, skills and confidence to complete their work successfully and safely.

Was a happy place then went sad

I felt judged by some of the workers when the manager weren't around it wouldn't acure when the manager was there and I started to not want to go to work at all so I left

29 November 2022
Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we’re sorry to hear about your experience towards the end of your time with us as we want all our employees to have a good time in their role. At ahs hospitality, we take our employee’s safety and wellbeing seriously which is why we have our internal hotline “ahs4us” for our employees to call and raise any workplaces concerns taking place, so our teams are aware and can be of support. Thanks again for your review and we wish you all the best in your career.

Too much work, not enough hours and a lot of pressure

It just doesn’t worth it. You do a lot of heavy work, it’s really hard - and you need to be super extra fast. They expect you to finish a room in 20 minutes, which is unrealistic especially for big rooms (and it doesn’t matter if you are new or old in this industry). They call you on days you weren’t supposed to be working, and blame it on you. The workers should be paid way more than they actually are, because they’re giving everything of themselves up there! And also, they should be treated with more kindness, they should be appreciated for the work they have been doing. I don’t get why all these hospitality companies are like that, but I’m pretty sure all of their workers deserved a better place/company to be working for.

21 November 2022
Thank you for leaving your constructive feedback and we’re sorry to hear about your experience as we want all our employees to have a great time in their role. We agree, demonstrating more kindness in all workplaces is very important. Please know, we are continuously working on ways we can strengthen overall employee satisfaction. We would like to investigate this situation if you could please send us an email at contactus@ahshospitality.com.au? We appreciate the time you took to leave us a review and we wish you all the best in your career.

Good beginner job

The job is pretty chill nothing stressful, staff is friendly and welcoming. Although not much growth prospects though, just a simple minimum wage job

Pros

Flexible job, nothing stressing

Cons

Minimum wage

31 October 2022
Hello, thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we’re glad that you see working with us as a good beginner job with welcoming and friendly staff. At ahs hospitality, we aspire to provide all our team members with internal opportunities if they choose to grow and develop their career with us. If there is a particular avenue where you would like to develop your career, we encourage you to speak to your manager. We also appreciate your feedback and specifically note your feelings about wages – please know that we are guided by the Hospitality Industry General Award and always consider the candidate’s experience when providing them with a fair and reasonable wage. If you have any questions regarding your role with us, please get in contact with us directly at contactus@ahshospitality.com.au so that our Human Resources team can be of support. Thanks again for your review.

Ok to start off

Company is ok to start as room attendant, requires no previous skills or experience, demands time and quality sometimes stressful very hard KPI high.Don't really recommend, manual labour hard work

17 August 2022
Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide your constructive feedback. We agree that being a room attendant does involve physical and manual work, we try to prepare all onboarding room attendants for the physical requirements during training and by starting each day with exercises and stretches. We appreciate your feedback and specifically note your feelings about the KPIs which we have shared with our leaders. We are continuously working on ways we can strengthen overall employee satisfaction. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best in your career.

Meh

A lot expected for little reward. No job secirity as shifts can be as short as 3 hours, days given with the full 6 hours you can be expected to clean 30 rooms

Cons

Lots

17 August 2022
Hello, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback and we’re sorry to hear that you’re currently having a frustrating time in your role. We would like to learn more about your experience and offer our support. Could you please email us at contactus@ahshospitality.com.au so our team can get in touch with you? We appreciate the time you took to submit your review, and we really hope to hear from you soon.

Just don't

Management are unhelpful, head office is even worse, its extremely common for the phone in my local head office to just not be answered because no one's there, so if you have complaints or want to request a transfer its almost impossible to do so.

17 August 2022
Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience - this is certainly not the level of support we want to provide for our employees as staying connected is extremely important to us. We are continuously working on ways we can strengthen overall employee satisfaction so we will be following up on the feedback you have provided as it will help us improve. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best in your career.

Not a good place to work

Worked in the hotel for ten years there was far to much favouritism with others Members of staff getting away with a lot of stuff while other members of staff being treated unfairly. I would not tell anyone to work there or for Ahs before I left I tried to contact someone to talk to but got no response on the phone numbers I was given

Pros

You have a job

Cons

Toxic place to work

18 July 2022
Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience as we want all our employees to feel like they are treated fairly in a safe and supportive work environment. We encourage you to get in contact with us directly at contactus@ahshospitality.com.au so that our Human Resources team can investigate further as we are continuously working on ways we can strengthen overall employee satisfaction. We appreciate the time you took in your feedback, and we really hope to hear from you soon. We wish you all the best in your career.

Stressful

Lot of staff turnoverManagement doesn't communicate efficientlyLot of agencies oncall staff that has brains like a fish 🐟 Am on my last few strings to continue working with this company

13 June 2022
Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience as we want all our employees to feel happy and heard. We’d like to understand what is happening, answer any questions you may have and see whether we can turn things around. We encourage you to get in contact with us directly at contactus@ahshospitality.com.au so that our Human Resources team can investigate further. We are continuously working on ways we can strengthen overall employee satisfaction. We really hope to hear from you soon.

Fun working place

I like working for AHS because I like to be good to the guests and helping my team mates and listening to my supervisor as I told what to do and doing extra time to help the guest to keep them feel happier

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

5/6 hours

5 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review. We're glad you're having a positive job experience with us!

Fun place

Great team work and good environment to work with very supportive and accomodating boss and colleagues. They well help you to grow when it comes to experience and knowledge

Pros

Friendly team

Cons

Unreliable and inconsistent work subject to demand

They expect you to be available at a drop of hat and cancel shift last minute or send you home, cause there is no more work. Only get paid for the hour you did on any given day

Pros

Formal and good training

Cons

No commitment or responsibility towards worker

Productive and fun work place

I learn lots of things and techniques from my work place.. they give you proper training about your work.. best part of this job is you get reward if you are doing a good work according to them.. thanks

Good for short term

Personally I think AHS is a great company to work with if you’re looking for a short term job. I have been in the same position after working with AHS for 2 years.Some benefits including annual leave and sick leave and that’s about it. I don’t see any other. I might say another one, which you can request to work in a different hotel than the one assigned, but it seems to be a rare case.

Pros

Annual Leave and Sick Leave

Cons

Stressful work environment, physical demand, short hours

18 July 2022

No opportunities to grow further

I worked with ahs for 6 years. Very frustrated with no opportunities to grow further. Management doesn't want to promote you. High expectations with a very less time frame. With the pay you get not worth the amount of hard work put into this job

Pros

Flexible days to work

Cons

Very less pay and extremely stressful

Not recommended

Stressful and poor management. Found some biased regarding rostering. Manager and supervisors were not co-operate with workers. Not happy to give annual leave.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Biased roster

Don't apply for AHS housekeeping

Unrealistic expectations, low wages. Managerment are bullys, no meal breaks even though you can work over 5hours. If you are not breaking your back cleaning the rooms. You still get treated terrible

Pros

No pros

Cons

Overworked and underpaid

Giving me more experienced.

As a Room Attendant staff it was a good experienced working there but it's a lot of hard work. And that's understandable. Supervisors are very good and Friendly. Need to improve their time management. Also must have a meeting with the staff, Supervisor and Manager

Pros

Need additional Supervisors

Cons

Want to work in other company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ahs hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare ahs hospitality with