Ai-Media

9: Ai-Media Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Management structural issues

Company could be in a better position if management were hired externally. Room for advancement is limited. All this is based on working in the Sydney office.

Disorganised, lack integrity, and make you feel replaceable.

I seriously wouldn’t bother with this place. As others have stated, the hierarchy is glaringly obvious, the lack of communication within and across teams leaves a lot to be desired, and the training is frankly inadequate. I gave the second star because of their ostensible usefulness for the deaf and hearing impaired communities. On this same point however, it is a shame that the company clearly values level of output over quality of service, especially considering the “inclusive” ethos on which the company claims to pride itself. Trainers give vague, infrequent, and unhelpful feedback on assessment tasks, often times taking over rather than advising how to solve a problem oneself. Staff equivocate rather than speaking honestly which apparently stems from a desire to cover up mistakes, pointing to a lack of integrity about the company overall. If you’re okay with being made to feel like a cog in the machine then you’ll probably be fine, but otherwise steer clear.

Unorganised, Understaffed and Poor Communication

AI Media's culture has employee's juggling double their workload due to understaffing in proportion to number of clients. Most employees that offer additional help are not paid in proportionate to their extra services. Need restructuring and major administrative changes to adapt to a modern business model. Operation managers treat employees as if they are replaceable and despite loyalty do not treat you as valuable

Pros

Friendly People, Nice office spaces and facilities

Cons

Long Hours, Poor time management, miscommunication, understaffing, underpayment.

Innovative & progressive product development within the Disabilities Sector

A small organisation growing internationally at pace. Highly dynamic culture. Complex business relationships. Committed to accessibility services in Education.

Enjoyable workplace making a difference

Ai Media is a growing company and going through a lot of change quickly. Communication and systems require improvement and the investment is necessary to match the ambition of the company. I enjoyed my time with the company, particularly gaining an understanding of the work they do and the effort and commitment shown by staff to make it all tick.

Great business, great people, great values

Ai-Media is a business that I feel excited to work for! And getting to come to work excited about the day ahead is something that I value immensely. Management are approachable and friendly, and with the open-plan style office, it makes it possible to forge great work relationships and friendships across all teams. The work is always changing and everyday is different, something that I thoroughly enjoy. Being kept on my toes challenges me to adapt, and the support network offered is great; if you need help simply ask! If you value a great office culture, a fast-paced work style, and knowing that the work you are doing is improving the quality of life for so many people around the world, then Ai-Media is right up your alley.

Ambition and initiative are rewarded

The Ai-Media culture has changed over the last year to be more fast-paced and competitive. This will suit a person who is ambitious and hungry as there are lots of opportunities and talent gets rewarded. The flip side is that you are held accountable and are measured against explicit KPIs. Overall though, the workplace is inclusive, fun and doesn't have the typical barriers that large corporate enterprises often have.

Ineffective management

Company has weak management, leading to a toxic culture. No discussion of career advancement or nurturing of any kind. Hierarchy is obnoxiously transparent.

Cons

Long hours, weak management, toxic culture.

Friendly atmosphere but lacks meritocracy.

The people are generally friendly and seem to value the human element of a workplace, however, I'll admit the company lacks meritocracy, valuing process over results. Personal bias facilitates projection and therefore facilitates poor judgement. They're a solid company that feels like a family, they just need to up their professionalism a little.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ai-Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ai-Media with

• Ai-Media
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?