AIA Australia

13: AIA Australia Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

Productive and collaborative

A lot of good skilled people but pockets of silos. they have re-organised their place and kept key people which meant that all knowledge falls on one person and do they become the senior manager etc. This has created a Hierarchical structure.

Poor Underwriting Leadership

AIA used to be such a high performance and fun organisation. EVERYONE in life insurance wanted to work for AIA. Then the Royal Commission hit the industry hard, AIA took over CommInsure which had a terrible brand and a restructure followed. For reasons unknown to all of us, AIA decided to give leadership roles to Underwriters without any leadership skills or experience and we are paying the price.

Pros

Cons

Too many

Toxic work environment

Do not work for this company. It operates with no process model in place. I won’t be surprised if they disappear from the market. Once you are in, you will be stuck with no future advancement. The organisation does not know where it is heading. CEO will be mandating things like work from office when rest of the world is operating in hybrid model. It’s like my way or the highway. There will be resources sitting with no work for over 2 years in some departments as managers don’t know who is doing what, while there would be others ending up doing 3 peoples job. Worst place to work for and management is very bad. There is no role clarity, people try to palm off things. Decision making is worse. They bring in people from DB consultants who leave mess but no one says or does anything to make this a better place for employees

Cons

Place with lack of vision

If you have no motivation and would like to work for a company that hires managers off the street that do not know what they are doing then this is the place for you. There is NO transparency, definition of “Leadership” is unknown, no support or respect for employees, no work life balance and they’ll ask employees to do any job even if it does NOT match their skill set. Severely under resourced and you’ll end up doing 3-4 peoples’ work and yet NOT recognised for your efforts!

Pros

Cons

Bad management, no opportunities for progression, keep on restructuring yet cannot get it right!

Working here traumatised me

One of the worst companies I've ever experienced. They're run by their head office in Asia so the culture is very competitive and quite ruthless. People look out only for themselves and management don't share information with each other or anyone else. Often teams will be working on the same work but not know it because of how siloed they are. Senior female managers in particular are nothing more than ladder climbers. I've never hated a job or company more and now that I've seen how they operate from the inside, I'll be amazed if they're even still around in a couple of years. They're literally self destructing!

Pros

Cons

They'll work you to the bone, there's zero role clarity, everyone is out for themselves, they don't support working from home, the culture is appalling.

AIA was a Great place to work and great people. Management was supportive and friendly. I would recommend AIA to anyone. A great working and team Environment .

Client Service Officer- Financial Planning

- each day varies from the previous, you must be able to work autonomously. - continuous daily learning, whether it be product rules or process procedures. - fantastic that there is no micro management. - all ideas for improvements are encouraged and taken on board before a decision, or even possible compromise is made.

Dynamic and eclectic work environment

A very varied and cultural work force. All professionals focused on their tasks. Forward looking but possibly lacking some empathy for collegues in effort to get work done.

Needs a leadership shake up

Overall it is a great place to work. A really fun, family feel. There are some really talented individuals throughout the business. Unfortunately this is let down by poor leadership.You are also expected to work incredibly long hours, meaning it is hard to maintain any form of work life balance.

Pros

Collaboration, Ceo, Location

Cons

Leadership, Work life balance, Incredibly long hours

Great colleagues, poor management

In Melbourne, the management are not great. However, I loved working for AIA because of the people. They are friendly and willing to collaborate. Unfortunately, the work life balance isn't great but you do get opportunity to work from home.

Great place to work.

A progressive innovative company with a leading edge on all areas of the market. I felt very fortunate to have been part of this culture and learnt a great deal in my time at AIA.

Pros

Look after staff plenty of incentives

Cons

Difficult to maintain work life balance

Great Company in general

However some poor management decisions adversely affected the culture. A shift from good management styles to hiring of micromanaging style managers degraded the culture within the business.

Pros

good work life balance

Cons

minimal opportunities for career progression

Fun place to work and well paid

Fun place to work and well paid, fantastic opportunities to grown, kind staff, attainable targets. Engaging CEO who care about the staff, occasionally offer well paid overtime too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIA Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare AIA Australia with

Learn about AIA Australia in popular locations

• AIA Australia
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?