AIA Australia
View all AIA Australia reviews

AIA Australia

AIA Australia Employee Review

Toxic work environment

Do not work for this company. It operates with no process model in place. I won’t be surprised if they disappear from the market. Once you are in, you will be stuck with no future advancement. The organisation does not know where it is heading. CEO will be mandating things like work from office when rest of the world is operating in hybrid model. It’s like my way or the highway. There will be resources sitting with no work for over 2 years in some departments as managers don’t know who is doing what, while there would be others ending up doing 3 peoples job. Worst place to work for and management is very bad. There is no role clarity, people try to palm off things. Decision making is worse. They bring in people from DB consultants who leave mess but no one says or does anything to make this a better place for employees

Poor Underwriting Leadership

AIA used to be such a high performance and fun organisation. EVERYONE in life insurance wanted to work for AIA. Then the Royal Commission hit the industry hard, AIA took over CommInsure which had a terrible brand and a restructure followed. For reasons unknown to all of us, AIA decided to give leadership roles to Underwriters without any leadership skills or experience and we are paying the price.

Pros

Cons

Too many
Same location

Place with lack of vision

If you have no motivation and would like to work for a company that hires managers off the street that do not know what they are doing then this is the place for you. There is NO transparency, definition of “Leadership” is unknown, no support or respect for employees, no work life balance and they’ll ask employees to do any job even if it does NOT match their skill set. Severely under resourced and you’ll end up doing 3-4 peoples’ work and yet NOT recognised for your efforts!

Pros

Cons

Bad management, no opportunities for progression, keep on restructuring yet cannot get it right!

Working here traumatised me

One of the worst companies I've ever experienced. They're run by their head office in Asia so the culture is very competitive and quite ruthless. People look out only for themselves and management don't share information with each other or anyone else. Often teams will be working on the same work but not know it because of how siloed they are. Senior female managers in particular are nothing more than ladder climbers. I've never hated a job or company more and now that I've seen how they operate from the inside, I'll be amazed if they're even still around in a couple of years. They're literally self destructing!

Pros

Cons

They'll work you to the bone, there's zero role clarity, everyone is out for themselves, they don't support working from home, the culture is appalling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIA Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare AIA Australia with