AIDA Employee Reviews

Lab/ops way outta of date. Never enough material for training students. Lectures from the 70s
Dental Instructor (Former Employee) –  2901 Juan Tabo29 June 2019
they use brand new dental assistants as instructors, dental assistance from the doctors other practice. the students get exactly 11 days well 11 weeks but one day a week to learn thefield anthese girls go out really not knowing what they're doing
Pros
Cons
Broken chairs, inadequate material, scary basement office, outta date lectures
Zabava
Barman (Former Employee) –  Brno9 February 2019
Prace na urovni, super kolektiv, super domluva,
Spoustu veci sem se naučil
Pros
Nauči vás vše
Cons
Nejistota
environnement sain et agréable
technicien superieur (Former Employee) –  Yaoundé11 December 2018
AIDA et une entreprise de bureau d'étude qui encadre bien sont personnel et respecte les droits de l'homme.
Pros
déjeuner et transport gratuit
Expérience enrichissante
Stagiaire (Former Employee) –  Lille (59)4 June 2018
Une expérience enrichissante et professionnelle, à refaire.
Long hours, low wages
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington19 February 2018
Start work at 7am
1 hour pre work training
Get daily assignment
Travel to daily assignment
Spend hours trying to sign people up for charity, working on commission
Get home around 8pm

The team was fun, but management were terrible. Very exploitative, covered up by being "matey".
Pros
Training? Decent advancement
Cons
Crazy hours, underpaid, exploitative management practices, paid for own transport, no protection, no guaranteed wages
ambiente de trabajo constante
mantenimiento (Current Employee) –  Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires18 November 2017
- Un día típico arreglando jardines, pintando, arreglado cualquier tipo de cosa.
- Aprendí a: ser ordenado, detallista y a cuidar las herramientas de trabajo.
- Cultura laboral: trabajar con valores y respeto ante todo.
- La parte mas difícil del trabajo es la desorganizacion de la empresa o del equipo de trabajo.
- Lo mejor del trabajo es la capacidad de poder aprender y mejorar mi desempeño.
Pros
viaticos para comer y viajar
Produktiverarbeitsort
Outdoorguide (Former Employee) –  Hamburg6 November 2017
Als Outdoorguide hat man dort das tollste Leben.
Danke für die schöne Zeit.
Tolle Kunden und tolle Mitarbeiter
Pros
Man kann die Welt entdecken
Cons
Keine freien Tage
100% commission
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wellington11 September 2017
The people are great to work with, but the job itself is a complete downer. If you have a hard day and don't make sales you get zero reimbursement for your time. Very hard to stay motivated when you hit a slump and there's not a lot of consistency from week to week.
Pros
Very funny team members
Cons
No guarantee on whether you'll make money or lose money each day, no paid leave, no paid sick days, can fire you with zero notice
travel around the world, get new friend from other country
cabin steward (Former Employee) –  Hamburg10 June 2017
Work on the ship will give you an opportunity to visit many countries around the world. meet many people from another country. actually, there is no holiday when you work on the board.
Pros
free place to live, eat, entertainment.
Cons
far away from home
There were a large number of people, but no development
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  moscow russia23 May 2017
As I said, a lot of people that I consider a plus, because there was a lot of practice. But there was no development at all, no measures were taken and there were no advertisements either. The staff was not friendly, and this was a disorientation. So I left it. From the good I can still say that it was a good location
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Receptionist/PA (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng4 January 2017
AIDA is my second family. I work extremely well with all the agents as well as the principal and management. The people here are the best I have ever worked with. The only reason I need to relocate to Heidelberg is because I got engaged and my fiancé wants me close.
Pros
Lekker braai once a month. Regular free lunches plus lots more
Cons
Challenge and fun are always often
Commis de cuisine (Former Employee) –  International27 October 2016
Challenging and fun more guest are from around the world, we give best food for them,and we made the food in a high standard procedure.
Pros
Accomdation free food are free drinks are free
Cons
I call center andrebbero puniti con l'ergastolo
call center outbound (Former Employee) –  Bisceglie, PUG16 October 2015
In un clima fantoziano, con tanto di tabellone dei risultati pubblico e affisso al centro della "sala" di lavoro, i dipendenti del call center lavorano per procurare contratti ai sottoposti della ditta. Il pagamento a proviglione viene frantumato fino a giungere sotto forma di monetine all'outbounder che, dopo aver passato un terzo della propria vita a comprendere questioni cardine dell'esistenza umana, si ritrova ad essere rimproverato perchè non è capace di raggirare un'anziana al telefono.
Pros
Parlare con la gente al telefono e dare conforto (bollette da 600 euro!)
Cons
In maniera algebrica, la somma di vari meno, si annulla nel suo opposto che qui manca.
A travelling place to work, with a lot of experiences
Bar supervisor (Current Employee) –  worldwide27 July 2015
The position Barchef on board means handling the whole Bar department with another colleague under the direction of a F&B Manager and his/her assistant.
Over the day always one Barchef is on duty, in the evening both are there to make sure that in all bars is a smooth operation.

My colleague and me were in charge to observe preparations for several daily functions, as well as for the main buisness in the evening time.

Besides we have to make sure, that all health, hygiene and safety standards are followed. Also administrative work like schedules, inventuries and orderes were in our responsibility.

Additional to the management work I learned a lot about the asian culture on board and how to find a way to motivate a team built ot of 2-5 different cultures. Sometimes it is tricky to explain to a new non european colleague the way to handle our guests, that they have a good time on board.

In general, working on board is difficult, because I stay mostly 6 months there, far away from my family and friends. Sometimes I share an 8 m² cabine with another person, and the management is also changing very often. So I have to be flexible and find out, how my current manager likes me and my colleagues to work and what is important for him or her.
It is also a challenge to have our guests around for 3 up to 17 days. Sometimes they get bored very fast or, when having seadays they miss going shoreside or even cannot stand the moving of the ship, when we have kind of rough sea.

Still, it is a great experience to be every day somewhere else in the world, meeting a lot of wonderful
  more... people ( colleagues AND guests) and cultures,as well as finding my own limits and overcome them.  less
Pros
Traveling the world, get to know other cultures
Cons
Long working periods (up to 6 months with daily work)
Fun and productive - friendly
Administrator /Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Berea Durban2 June 2015
Our principal treats us like adults that we are and we are left to work at our own pace but is always there to assist us legally and as an estate agent. Our team is like family. We all get along and there is not fighting or arguing in the office. All misunderstanding and disagreements are sorted out among ourselves. The hardest part of my job is when you know a person is unemployed or has been retrenched and still call them for the rental. Enjoyable part of the job is our office parties.
Pros
presents on birthdays and lunches
Cons
working after hours
Environement de travail trés agréable
AGENT ADMINISTRATIF (Former Employee) –  PARIS 9éme5 May 2015
Un réel plaisir de travailler au sein de cette société, la diversité du travail est très présente.
Pros
La fidélité avec ses employés
mein Arbeitsablauf
Elektrohelfer (Former Employee) –  Essen, NW1 April 2015
Belastbarkeit, kein Problem mit Problemlösungen, Flexibilität, und sehr gute Kenntnisse von den Arbeitsgeräten, Werkzeugen, Kabeln und Arbeitsmaterial.
Kenntnisse im Neu- und Altbau. Genauso auch im In- und Ausland.
Meine Berufserfahrung ist Teambesprechung. Was wird an Material gebraucht. Besichtigung des Arbeitsortes. Vergleich mit dem Plan zu erstellen um evtl. Fehler auszuschließen.
Anzeichnen der Schalter und Steck.-Verteilerdosen und Kabelkanäle. Kreiseln, Schlitzen und Stämmen.
Setzen der Dosen in Waage. Und Natürlich auch die Strom-Fernsäh-und Telefonkabel Verlegung. Von Küche bis Flur einschließlich vorhandenen Zimmern zum Sicherungskasten.
Absetzen der Kabel, Einführen, verdrahten kann ich auch.
Na AIDA foi excelente porque adquiri imensa experiencia principalmente em secretariado.
Recepcionista/Secretária (Former Employee) –  Aveiro, P0126 January 2015
Foi um local que além de tudo o que já referi ganhei imensas amizades e adquiri um forte espirito de equipa e capacidade de iniciativa!
fun and interesting workplace
WAITER IN PASTRY-Aida (Former Employee) –  Krk, H1213 January 2015
I learned how to properly behave in the hospitality industry, how to proceed with the guest, to solve the problem. I worked in a team, i had really good relationship with my co-workers. I enjoy work with people, i loved everything.
Professional and good team spirit
Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, GP2 September 2014
Lots of cold calling to gather leads, an expo at least every second day, viewing properties gathered from leads. Try to get exclusive mandates, write up mandate and advert for internet. Take prospective buyers to view suitable properties. Visit sellers to evaluate and list their property. At least one showhouse per weekend, usually on a Sunday afternoon. People skills are essential, as well as assertiveness. Our management team is excellent, professionally and as mentors. The hardest part of the job is to get a sale, but also the long hours (at night and all weekend). The most enjoyable part of the job is when you finalise a sale, and you see a happy, satisfied customer.
Pros
Social, rewards on making target
Cons
long hours, working weekends away from family