Airgas
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Airgas Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,693 reviews

Every day was an adventure

Responsible for loading trucks; Ensure that daily inventory is correct; create customer orders; Pick up and deliver old and new products; Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle

Management really cares about their drivers.

Direct management was outstanding. Upper management was alright. The safety department was over the top. Be prepared to do lots of Xtra for safety. The have ai cameras and will reprimand swiftly. Other than that the schedule is 4 days 3 day weekends always all major holidays off 2 weeks vaca and 40 hors sick days day 1 with 2 floater days. The benefits are amazing .

Pros

Vacation. Day 1 good benefits

Cons

Over zealous safety department pay is a little o. The low side

I worked almost a total of 10 years two separate times.

I enjoyed it . I had some personal issues and was given time off to deal with them . It’s better than any other company I have worked for.I work for a company that I just put my notice in and told them upfront pay is low and no benefits.

Pros

Good money and safety is important.

Cons

Some of the trucks nad equipment should be replaced.

Good job

Attitude is everything. Come to work and do your job and all will be good. Big on Safety so management will never rush you or question you on time unless it's obvious you are screwing around. Not for everybody though; especially lazy and complaining types because the job can be physically demanding at times but not a constant; good days and bad days. Money is there with OT as long as you don't mind doing the hours.

Pros

Steady work, recession proof business, good wages No micro management while on road.

Cons

Physically demanding at times.

I have worked as a distribution driver for ASP for almost two years. This is by far the best driving job i have had in 35 years.

I currently work as a distribution driver out of Davenport FL. The work schedule has flexible start times on the days you are scheduled to work. The equipment is nice and trucks are assigned to the drivers with no slip seating. The job consists of delivering a load to the customer and back home empty. The pay is fair but not great considering the danger involved with transporting hazardous materials. Local management is great to work with. My only issue is the fact that your paycheck is screwed up on a regular basis and can take months to get it corrected. We have no contact with a payroll department and little contact if at all with the HR department.

Pros

flexible work schedule driving nice equipment

Cons

pay could be better for hauling hazardous materials, Pay discrepancies happen often and can take months to get settled, No contact with the Payroll department

Upper management of this company is terrible

This company is too woke for it's own good. No one at this company has the driver's back. Upper management and human resources leave a lot to be desired.

Pros

I have worked with some good people at airgas. I have had good supervisors.

Coworkers are great

The job Itself isn't hard, it could be a a great place to work. It all depends upon management caring and everyone has a shared work load. Also if everyone worked together.

Pros

Routes when fully staffed is a plus

Cons

Not fully staffed and work load isn't always shared.

Good Place to Work

Free coffee, new offices, and relaxed atmosphere as positives. Negative opinion of human resources group and divisional management structure. Could be better.

Great benefits.

Worked there for many years. Airgas is a good company to work for and offer excellent products. Worked with some great people over the years. It was just time to look at other opportunities.

Don't Respect Employees

Upper management does not care about the employees. They pit people against each other and overall are lazy and don't help the inside staff. They put their work load on others and often leave in their vehicles and say they are running errands. Gone for hours. Bad example of leadership. Women are frowned upon yet they claim diversity. I as a man have been shocked at conversations I have heard.

Benefits

Cons

Pay and poor management for years

Not a bad place to work.

The company does need to use the knowledge of the drivers that been there a while to make decisions and not just keep trying the same thing over and over again and expecting something different. The pay is okay, could be better. The best thing about the company is the drivers really help each other out and you can call on them for anything.

Pros

Great coworkers make the job better than what it is.

Cons

The pay could be better and management could follow the advice of the coworkers better.

Just not a good place to work. Do not work here. I don’t recommend working here at all.

Do not work here!Horrible management, very under paid for the type of work you do, they do not care about their employees, they don’t enforce the same rules to everyone or treat people fairly, they’re not trustworthy, will lie to you about anything and very sexes.

Pros

Cons

Numerous things

Great atmosphere.

The training is average depending on the manager. SAP was difficult to absorb but after several training classes, it became easier. A typical day involved working on your portfolio and as long as you get results, no micro-managing.

Great job and awesome management

Great job overall, management is great pay good but not the best. Working nights is what made me leave. Home ever day unless something goes wrong or you volunteer to go on an over night run. If it wasn’t for the night shift I would have never quit. The lack of trailers makes it tough also.

Pros

It’s a great job

Cons

Lack of trailers so always having to work around someone else hours, Night shift I couldn’t do it anymore

Not a good place to work at maybe after enough people quite it will get better

It was ok when I first started but as Airgas bought more companies out. They took on new customers without the capability of fulfilling the orders. Very unorganized scheduling the work flow. Can’t blame the manager at the store he asked for help but upper management would not hire more people to help with production From almost the start, when I started working there, Airgas toke things away.

Pros

Good people to work with at my location

Cons

No breaks except lunches, pay was low, stress was high to much work for the amount of employees

Don’t care at all about their workers

Tell you they will give you an incentive bonus to work through changeover then they change the rules and don’t give what they have already PROMISED! Poor Management

Very little growth opportunities

Many layers of management but very little growth opportunities. There’s no development program for advancement. The overall morale is very low and high turnover. Benefits are great,

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Low Morale, Poor HR, Poor Upper Management

Toxic workplace environment

Pay is average, benefits are above average, no accountability for office personnel, which is where 90% of the issues arise. Instead of correcting the problems at the root, they push it down the ladder for drivers and yard guys to fix, inconsistent schedule, dont know from day to day if you are going to work 8 hrs or 12, hard to make plans outside of work, management and HR are in bed together, a lot of retaliatory discipline when safety issues are brought to management's attention.

Pros

Guarnteed 40 hrs a week, above average benefits package

Cons

Lack of leadership and responsibility for management, inconsistent work schedule, toxic work environment

Maintenance

No form of training or help from management. You are left to your own to figure out what you need to accomplish. You get audited and don't know what is expected of you. After 7 years I would still find things I was not doing because I was never told they needed to be done.

not a good comany to work for ?

management terrible in the sacamento area.i worked there 14 years, high prices for gas to the customers, all sort of service fee on delivery invoice. some employee dont care at all. work there for a pay check only.

Pros

non

Cons

bad morel.

Be prepared to figure out things on your own.

There is a real lack of a safety culture. The individual I trained with was not equipped to train new hires. Abrasive, impatient, and consistently took short cuts and overlooked possible DOT and safety violations. First line supervisor was decent but spread too thin. Driving assignments seem to be flexible but somewhat chaotic.

Pros

Paid training and OT pay

Cons

Training does not prepare you for the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9